Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:08 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
guessguy wrote: when you transfer a 2nd line, do you get the $25x2 referral? I'm considering moving my line over but want to get the credits.
You get $25x3 if you open 2 accounts for your 2 lines.
Activate line1 = $25
Line1 refers to line 2 = $25
Line2 = 1x$25
Total = 3x$25
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1272 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
guessguy wrote: when you transfer a 2nd line, do you get the $25x2 referral? I'm considering moving my line over but want to get the credits.
I didn't bother with the referral,

Because if I opened 2nd line under another account, I pocket $25 x 2. But when I merge the 2 accounts, it will cost me $35? So I only get $15 in total, but I had to call in again and go through a long procedure. $15 not worth my time...
Nov 22, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
embguy wrote: BYOD = month-to-month = no contract = $36 200 minutes + 500mb data
2years contract = $36 400 minutes + 3gb data + free phone
This is probably a pretty silly question, but can I get the 2 year contract + plan + free phone, then just use the SIM in my iphone and sell / keep the other phone as a backup or something?
Mar 4, 2008
59 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ONT
profnagy wrote: This is probably a pretty silly question, but can I get the 2 year contract + plan + free phone, then just use the SIM in my iphone and sell / keep the other phone as a backup or something?
Yes, that's what I did
Aug 9, 2012
23 posts
11 upvotes
This is my first time not on prepaid. Is there any way to stop overages (automatically stop calls/data, no roaming, etc) and setup auto payments so there is no action needed from me and no surprises?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
infiniteloop wrote: This is my first time not on prepaid. Is there any way to stop overages (automatically stop calls/data, no roaming, etc) and setup auto payments so there is no action needed from me and no surprises?
You need to setup auto payment with Zoomer. Roaming in Canada is free.
No way to stop overage.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1465 posts
1123 upvotes
profnagy wrote: This is probably a pretty silly question, but can I get the 2 year contract + plan + free phone, then just use the SIM in my iphone and sell / keep the other phone as a backup or something?
I told the cs rep keep the Sim out I might want to use my own phone. he said he understood a lot of ppl use their own phones.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7135 posts
388 upvotes
York
9613019 wrote: I just called them for your case and they said the promo is extend for another month. Now you have enough time to wait until the end of April.
eshum wrote: I just called and was told they're extending through April as well.

Some reps might want to get their new activation count for the month so they're not telling you about the extension.

I'm hoping for a change in phone selection by late April. Please please please. I'm guessing the market is already flooded with BNIB Samsung J3 Primes and Huawei GR5s.
Very much appreciated, thank you!
Aug 9, 2012
23 posts
11 upvotes
embguy wrote: You need to setup auto payment with Zoomer. Roaming in Canada is free.
No way to stop overage.
Thanks! Shame on the overages; liked having the option of never paying more than the monthly fee.
Nov 28, 2010
157 posts
46 upvotes
infiniteloop wrote: Thanks! Shame on the overages; liked having the option of never paying more than the monthly fee.
You can use your phone to stop your data usage once you hit your limit. Also use your phone to disable roaming.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2841 posts
573 upvotes
Ajax
Confirmed plan is still available with huawei gr5 and j3 prime.
Aug 9, 2012
23 posts
11 upvotes
ww wrote: You can use your phone to stop your data usage once you hit your limit. Also use your phone to disable roaming.
Will do. Freedom had option to turn off roaming carrier side via their website which was also a nice peace of mind to have, but I will set the settings in phone to do the same.
Jan 22, 2014
124 posts
49 upvotes
Guelph
EananC641158 wrote: Where on the website can I see more information about the $40.5 plan?
it is a 10% off on the $45 plan. Call them. They will let you know. The $36 plan is the 10% off from the $40 plan.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
infiniteloop wrote: Will do. Freedom had option to turn off roaming carrier side via their website which was also a nice peace of mind to have, but I will set the settings in phone to do the same.
In Canada, you should leave the roaming enabled because we get the extended coverage free of charge. When you are at a location that you don't get Rogers network signal, you will be roaming in Bell or Telus network for free.

When you go outside Canada, you should disable roaming.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9048 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal, QC
xeoreg wrote: My GR5 from Zoomer earlier this month had a sticker with the unlock code on the box. The unlock code (it seems generic for the GR5's) is 9712622431751121. Try it and it'll probably work, as the sticker has links for rogers.com/device-unlock and fido.ca/device-unlock on it.
Nop, tried twice, 8 attempts left lol

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)