Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2930 posts
621 upvotes
Ajax
shayne85 wrote: Where is the 3 GB deal on the website?
Just contact zoomer by email or phone and mention the 36 dollar promo with 3 GB and they will confirm all the details . It's very easy and well worth it and don't forget the referral.
Jun 6, 2010
236 posts
225 upvotes
mountaintree wrote: @Linktothepast is right - the 3GB deal is on their website and has been for quite a while.
You guys are reading the website/promo wrong. It says "Includes 1GB bonus", as in the details already reflect the additional 1GB bonus. What's double of 500mb? 1GB. Add another additional 1GB bonus = 2GB.

Otherwise you can also read the fine print.
8. 1 GB promotional bonus applies with a 2-yr term on in-market Individual wireless plans from $40/mo to $95/mo and $80/mo Family Data Share Plan. 1 GB promotional bonus included above and not eligible for Double minutes, texts and data bonus. Other offers cannot be combined.
Mar 10, 2017
9 posts
I signed up 3 weeks ago and it is 3G (Extra 1G promotional bonus), so I can confirm it is 3G.
Jul 31, 2009
146 posts
36 upvotes
shayne85 wrote: Where is the 3 GB deal on the website?
Check the link below. If you want the 3gb deal, use the chat function or call and tell them you heard about the 3gb $36 deal from a friend or something. I got this plan for my wife 2 days ago. The phone just came in today. It is 3GB if you ask for the people who say it is not advertised. The 3GB deal runs out at the end of the month. The person on chat said the deal does not expire as well as long as you remain a customer. Pretty good deal. I'm almost thinking about buying out my Fido phone and getting it form myself. I guess I could turn around and sell the free phone which would pay for the 140 I owe Fido.

Zoomer Promos
Oct 5, 2010
51 posts
127 upvotes
Thanks OP. Sign up was a breeze. Got on the $36 plan and I guess I got one of the last LG G4's in stock. The phone arrived the next business day. Happy with it so far for personal use, even though it is an older phone. Porting number from Rogers took minutes. Referral program is a great bonus!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2930 posts
621 upvotes
Ajax
justme11 wrote: Thanks OP. Sign up was a breeze. Got on the $36 plan and I guess I got one of the last LG G4's in stock. The phone arrived the next business day. Happy with it so far for personal use, even though it is an older phone. Porting number from Rogers took minutes. Referral program is a great bonus!
Definitely IMHO the G4 is a better choice.
Apr 18, 2018
3 posts
Hi all, following this post for a while now and just about to pull the trigger on the $36 plan but just wanted to get clarification on the referral and how you can get the $50 credit? or is it $25 + $25?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1604 posts
977 upvotes
Has anyone tried to get a Tablet plan from Zoomer? Is the SIM locked or can it be used in a smart phone?
Koodo $45 60GB 5G + Unlimited Long Distance Perk (28 Countries)
Public $120 180GB + Canada Wide (90 Day plan; less rewards = $20 per month)
Freedom $35 North America Wide + 20GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
If it wasn't for the overheating and bootloop issue the G4 is a great phone in itself with all the features it pack and the screen is really gorgeous

The button placement in the back could be cumbersome at times but the lack of side button mean it's great when you want to tilt your phone to watch videos without accidentally hitting a side button
Signature removed due to rule violation
Jul 13, 2009
926 posts
186 upvotes
For those that actually plan to use the J3 2016 or the GR5 as their daily.

When getting a case on ebay, check that you're getting the case for the correct model.

Our J3 2016 (J320) is also known as J3 2017 in some markets. There's also two J3 versions released in 2016, which the listing may not indicate which versions.
Our GR5 is the Honor 5X, but the 6X is also known as the GR5 in some markets. And it seems there's also a third GR5 that's unrelated to the 5X and 6X.
The cutouts for the ports are different.

Was too much in a rush to buy cases that I didnt research thoroughly. That and the sellers were using generic pictures so I couldnt compare visually.

Amazon is more expensive, but it'll have the correct pictures. Unless you're looking for the 'clear bumper' cases or 'stealth ring kickstand' cases, which I couldnt find on Amazon.
Thanks.
Dec 7, 2007
370 posts
240 upvotes
Noside wrote: Hi all, following this post for a while now and just about to pull the trigger on the $36 plan but just wanted to get clarification on the referral and how you can get the $50 credit? or is it $25 + $25?
You basically just find someone who is already zoomers' customer, and you tell zoomers agent the referral's phone number. both of you can get $25, easy...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6738 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
Brewmeanie wrote: If it wasn't for the overheating and bootloop issue the G4 is a great phone in itself with all the features it pack and the screen is really gorgeous

The button placement in the back could be cumbersome at times but the lack of side button mean it's great when you want to tilt your phone to watch videos without accidentally hitting a side button
I have a G4 (not from Zoomer, an older one) and it's been great - only thing is it's stuck on 6.0. I know there are ways to update it to Nougat or Oreo manually, but haven't done that in case it messes up banking apps, MobileIron etc.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8104 upvotes
Manatus wrote: I have a G4 (not from Zoomer, an older one) and it's been great - only thing is it's stuck on 6.0. I know there are ways to update it to Nougat or Oreo manually, but haven't done that in case it messes up banking apps, MobileIron etc.
How can you upgrade it to oreo when it has a locked bootloader? I don't think it's possible.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Manatus wrote: I have a G4 (not from Zoomer, an older one) and it's been great - only thing is it's stuck on 6.0. I know there are ways to update it to Nougat or Oreo manually, but haven't done that in case it messes up banking apps, MobileIron etc.
I don't think it is doable to upgrade the OS.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6738 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
9613019 wrote: I don't think it is doable to upgrade the OS.
I should have said "I've heard there may be ways" rather than know that, sorry - I've never tried it for the reasons mentioned, just seen discussions around it. You probably know more than I do.

This apparently will do Nougat for a locked bootloader?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/dev ... r-t3709119
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zjhehe wrote: To confirm, they should be starting to charge your account after the number is ported right? Not when you call them initially for them to ship you the SIM & phone?
No because as soon as I get my phone+sim it's activated and usable with a different number. I was running with two sims in the phone for a while to test it out before I do the port.

In your case you can request the port right away when you get the phone+sim so there's no null time. The phone arrived like two days before my plan officially starts.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Manatus wrote: I should have said "I've heard there may be ways" rather than know that, sorry - I've never tried it for the reasons mentioned, just seen discussions around it. You probably know more than I do.

This apparently will do Nougat for a locked bootloader?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/dev ... r-t3709119
So sad it is not for H812.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
kav2001c wrote: Has anyone tried to get a Tablet plan from Zoomer? Is the SIM locked or can it be used in a smart phone?
Haven't tried it myself but recall discussion a few months ago when it was stated that the SIM would only work in the tablet. Perhaps someone with personal experience can confirm...
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
Brewmeanie wrote: If it wasn't for the overheating and bootloop issue the G4 is a great phone in itself with all the features it pack and the screen is really gorgeous

That issue has been resolved around in 2016, anything bought past 2016 will not have bootloop issue. Also, LG will repair any bootloop issues for free if you bring it up to them. I have a Nexus 5X and they fixed it for free.

The OS is pretty much done on that device but the camera and display is top notch for the price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)