Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Jan 21, 2017
569 posts
427 upvotes
rxanderq wrote: Need a bit of help/

Currently on a 2gb/month plan for $36 with Zoomer.
My contract expires next year.

Can I switch to the 3gb/month plan for $36 or do I have to wait for my plan to expire before any adjustments can be made?
You qualify for the loyalty program after 6 months so you are eligible to make the switch if you want. No cost involved.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am debating whether if I should renew with Zoomer or Koodo

It seems like the price is more or less the same, but koodo offer better phones?

I haven't been following all threads but Koodo threads have been quite popular these days.
Aug 6, 2011
59 posts
18 upvotes
BC
No Referral question?

Why are there no referrals allowed by RedFlag deals on the Zoomer posts?

Went with Zoomer because of the posts and would it not be helpful to give and receive referrals?
Happy with the J3 as well as Zoomer.
Apr 4, 2018
777 posts
194 upvotes
snellas wrote: No Referral question?

Went with Zoomer because of the posts and would it not be helpful to give and receive referrals?
Apparently, you just have to do it "privately" i.e. PM the person and vice versa.
Apr 4, 2018
777 posts
194 upvotes
letmesee wrote: I am debating whether if I should renew with Zoomer or Koodo

It seems like the price is more or less the same, but koodo offer better phones?

I haven't been following all threads but Koodo threads have been quite popular these days.
In my experience, Koodoo (which is owned by TELUS) customer service is hit and miss.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
letmesee wrote: I am debating whether if I should renew with Zoomer or Koodo

If you can get a similar plan with koodo, then go with Koodo for sure.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jan 21, 2017
569 posts
427 upvotes

At first, that policy irked me too. As you say, RFD is about helping people save money and referrals help people save furthermore.

That said, I've seen the Staples threads get out of control where all you see are people requesting coupon codes and the actual deal is lost in the sea of begging.

You also have some "professional referrers" who will just hijack a thread so that they get your referral.

In the end, not allowing people to post referrals shouldn't stop anyone from getting one. All they need to do is read some of the posts and identify who is a current customer and if they found their posting helpful, you can PM them for a referral.
Last edited by Lukus2017 on Apr 22nd, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto

The "no referral" forum rule is applied for all posts, not only this Zoomer Wireless thread.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
huangpu wrote: Samsung J3 prime > Huawei GR5?
For your own use, GR5 is better. For resale, you need to check your local market on kijiji or Craigslist.
Carry Tel Internet
May 29, 2007
248 posts
17 upvotes
Lukus2017 wrote: You qualify for the loyalty program after 6 months so you are eligible to make the switch if you want. No cost involved.
Thank you

Just gave Zoomer a call.
They said I had to buy out the remainder of my current plan before I can make a switch. Was there some other information I had to provide to the agent to get the loyalty plan?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
rxanderq wrote: Thank you

Just gave Zoomer a call.
They said I had to buy out the remainder of my current plan before I can make a switch. Was there some other information I had to provide to the agent to get the loyalty plan?
3GB plan is not a loyalty plan and the rep was right.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
rxanderq wrote: Thank you

Just gave Zoomer a call.
I tried tirelessly to get the upgrade from the 2GB plan without triggering a device balance payout. It was a lesson in futility. Don't even waste your time.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Oct 6, 2004
300 posts
81 upvotes
Lukus2017 wrote: You qualify for the loyalty program after 6 months so you are eligible to make the switch if you want. No cost involved.
You didn’t answer his question. He asked about the 3GB promo plan, not the loyalty plan. So, no, you can’t switch to the 3 GB plan while still on contract for free.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2005
1821 posts
222 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Fido's $15/3GB tablet plan is the way to go.
What I m after is a good mobile phone to just leave on my table as a Home Phone. I ll be using Fongo. Thanks :)
Jan 21, 2017
569 posts
427 upvotes
TheHutt wrote: What I m after is a good mobile phone to just leave on my table as a Home Phone. I ll be using Fongo. Thanks :)
Why not just go with the $10 Zoomer Home Phone then? It is cellular based with unlimited Canada wide minutes.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
Lukus2017 wrote: Why not just go with the $10 Zoomer Home Phone then? It is cellular based with unlimited Canada wide minutes.
The koodo home phone is even cheaper at only $5/month.
Oct 10, 2012
275 posts
148 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: The koodo home phone is even cheaper at only $5/month.
For only the first year then it goes to $20 and you have to buy the adapter for $40 which is free on zoomer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)