Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:08 pm
Nov 23, 2015
726 posts
401 upvotes
Winnipeg
Speaking of G5, does anyone know what the additional cost is to get a G5 on the $36/mo. plan?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
56kbps wrote: Speaking of G5, does anyone know what the additional cost is to get a G5 on the $36/mo. plan?
$250
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Apr 5, 2016
578 posts
1193 upvotes
BC
Just wanted to share something I didn't know.
After being with Zoomer for several years, I recently did the Chatr - Fido switch.
Same cell phone, same "Rogers" network - but I get far better signal strength everywhere than when I was on Zoomer.
I wonder if they put Zoomer clients on lower priority on the Cell towers?!
It's a significant difference. Where I used to get 2 or 3 bars, I'm at 4 or 5 bars(maximum) all the time now.
Kinda glad I left Zoomer!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3944 posts
1670 upvotes
Toronto
ChiliPalmer wrote: It's a significant difference. Where I used to get 2 or 3 bars, I'm at 4 or 5 bars(maximum) all the time now.
Can someone inform me as to how the number of bars affects service in terms of voice quality and data rates. What about disconnections? etc.
Social Distancing means staying apart 2 meters or 6 feet, the depth of a grave.
Get closer and you might have one foot in the grave. (Pass it on)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9036 posts
1905 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ChiliPalmer wrote: Just wanted to share something I didn't know.
After being with Zoomer for several years, I recently did the Chatr - Fido switch.
Same cell phone, same "Rogers" network - but I get far better signal strength everywhere than when I was on Zoomer.
I wonder if they put Zoomer clients on lower priority on the Cell towers?!
It's a significant difference. Where I used to get 2 or 3 bars, I'm at 4 or 5 bars(maximum) all the time now.
Kinda glad I left Zoomer!
3G vs 4G? Did you have an very old SIM card perhaps?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19293 posts
7407 upvotes
Toronto
ROYinTO wrote: Can someone inform me as to how the number of bars affects service in terms of voice quality and data rates. What about disconnections? etc.
Unless you are bordering on losing the connection, I haven't experienced any observable impact on voice quality. Data speed is impossible to judge. Signal strength is but one factor in many that contribute to speed or lack of same. As long as a web page loads within reasonable time, generally the speed is adequate. Remember, we are trying to consume gigs over 20 days.
Apr 5, 2016
578 posts
1193 upvotes
BC
Daijoubu wrote: 3G vs 4G? Did you have an very old SIM card perhaps?
4G / LTE - although I do usually remove LTE and stick with 4G only as there are more towers.
It's possible it had to do with the SIM card - it would've been about 2.5 years old.
Apr 5, 2016
578 posts
1193 upvotes
BC
ROYinTO wrote: Can someone inform me as to how the number of bars affects service in terms of voice quality and data rates. What about disconnections? etc.
I didn't really ever have voice quality issues - there are some places where I would lose coverage and I get coverage in those places now though.
Apr 27, 2011
430 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
56kbps wrote: I see the LG G4 is now $0 on a min $40 plan.

Is there still any point in shelling out $75 for the P10 Lite given that it has specs so close to the free G4?
It's simply about your selling price vs zoomer's price comparison. For P10 lite, zoomer's price is 300 and seems the price on kijiji is more than $250. For LG G4, zoomer's price is $250, so if you feel like you can sell it for more than $200 it should be a good choice too.
May 19, 2003
930 posts
136 upvotes
Anyone know if the new G4s being offered now are still vulnerable to boot loop issues?
Heatware: 56-0-0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
Cheezy wrote: Anyone know if the new G4s being offered now are still vulnerable to boot loop issues?
It is hard to say right now as we do not know whether they found an old batch or not.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Feb 22, 2018
11 posts
Toronto GTA
I recently switched to Zoomer and got the Huawei GR5.

I noticed that the phone did not come with any earphones. The box, in which the phone came in, has 3 distinct partitions - one holding the power adapter, another holding the USB cable, and one that is empty.

Youtube unboxing videos show that the empty partition should be holding the earphones. I called Zoomer and asked them about the missing earphones. The customer rep said the phone does not come with earphones.

My box came with the tape seal broken, so I'm a little suspicious. Could someone here kindly confirm whether or not their GR5 came with earphones?
Jul 24, 2012
622 posts
76 upvotes
I want to exchange my GR5 that I got 1 week ago for this G4. Wondering if they allow me for the exchange and any cost to me?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1202 posts
266 upvotes
Halifax
It doesn't come with headphones. The seal on my box was also broken. If you look at the product description on the webpage, it also mentions headphones are not included. I hope this helps.
apmoller wrote: I recently switched to Zoomer and got the Huawei GR5.

I noticed that the phone did not come with any earphones. The box, in which the phone came in, has 3 distinct partitions - one holding the power adapter, another holding the USB cable, and one that is empty.

Youtube unboxing videos show that the empty partition should be holding the earphones. I called Zoomer and asked them about the missing earphones. The customer rep said the phone does not come with earphones.

My box came with the tape seal broken, so I'm a little suspicious. Could someone here kindly confirm whether or not their GR5 came with earphones?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)