Hot Deals

[Zoomer wireless] Zoomer 4 gb for 36$ + Samsung J3 prime + 50$ refereal credit ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 10:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5217 posts
2183 upvotes
Winnipeg

Zoomer 4 gb for 36$ + Samsung J3 prime + 50$ refereal credit ymmv

Retailer:
Zoomer wireless
Got an email from zoomer. 4 GB for 36$ plan and double the referral credit.
Please DON'T ask for referral openly as it is against the RFD rule.

The offer you've been waiting for is here!

Your line #123-456-xxxx is eligible for an upgrade.
For a limited time, get additional bonus data and great devices for $0. On select 2-year term wireless plans when you upgrade or add a new line to your account!
Plus, tell a friend about Zoomer Wireless and share $100 in referral credits when they activate a new line.

terms:
Offers shown is for new activations and upgrades, and expire November 30, 2018, or while quantities last, and are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply, call for details.

*10% off plan fees, the annual cost of CARP membership dues, Zoomer Magazine subscription and CARP Chapter donation are provided for as long as you are a Zoomer Wireless customer. For customers who currently have a CARP membership and/or subscription, renewal will start upon expiration of existing CARP membership. For customers who do not have a CARP membership, membership and subscription will start immediately upon signup with the Zoomer Wireless program.

1. Device pricing and minimum monthly rate plan apply for each line, and vary by term and plan chosen.

2. Double minutes and data applies with a 2-yr term on in-market Individual plans from $18/mo to $60/mo and on all Couples and Family plans; bonus not applicable with Canada/U.S. plans, and Promo Smartphone 4 GB, 4.5 GB, and 5 GB plans.

3. Promotional data bonus applies with a 2-yr term on in-market Individual wireless plans from $40/mo to $95/mo and $80/mo Family Data Share Plan. Promotional data bonus is not eligible for Double minutes, texts and data bonus and is not applicable with Canada/U.S. plans. Other offers cannot be combined.

4. Share $100 referral credit offer is valid for wireless new activations only with a 2-yr term. To retain the credit, the referrer and friend (referee) must be subscribed for at least 30 days, or the credit will be reversed. Unused promotional credits will not be reimbursed. Credit applies only to monthly services; cannot be used with Bring Your Own Device, Wireless Home Phone and Tablet plans. Credit cannot pay device charges or cancellation fees. Referrer: Account must be in good standing to refer. Referee: Maximum 1 referral credit per new account.
Images
  • zoomer.jpg
Last edited by Wpegger on Nov 9th, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Thread Summary
rolomonster wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 5:17 pm
FAQs:

1. How do I sign up for this awesome plan?

By activating a chat session with a Zoomer rep or calling in. They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in a $150 deposit and still get this plan! Zoomer will then ship you phone and SIM card. Delivery usually takes 2-3 days but YMMV.  Don't forget to get a referral from a current Zoomer customer as you will each get a $50 bill credit.

2. Is this plan available on BYOD?

No. Plans listed above are only available on 2 year contract. Double Your Talk, Text, Data + EXTRA 1GB promo is not available on BYOD. BYOD plans are as listed on Zoomer website. If you want the cheapest buyout option get the lowest value phone ($100) as an emergency back up phone to sell/donate/trade in. Your buyout cost would then be $100÷24xmonths left on your contract. Or alternatively you can get the J3 (highest resale value and sell for $100-150 (YMMV) and reduce your overall costs.

3. What phone is best to get with this plan?

J3... Resale value can range from $100-150 but YMMV. Best option for low buyout price: any flip phone

4. Can I use my own phone with Zoomer?

Yes. Zoomer sends you a 3 in 1 SIM that will fit into full sized, micro, or nano SIM card slots. Rogers locked devices and unlocked devices will all work under the Zoomer network of you have a phone already you would prefer to use. Fido locked Android phones also work, but YMMV depending on model. If you have an unlocked Android you must enter in the Rogers LTE APN listed below. If you have an unlocked LG device (G3/G4/G5), you may need to factory reset your phone after updating your APN. YMMV
APN Settings
Name: Zoomer LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: Not set
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: APv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: CC

5. What if 400 daytime mins is not enough for me?

You can use apps like Hangouts for outgoing calls using data/wifi, opt for the $40.50 Plan which includes unlimited incoming calls, or ask Zoomer for add ons for the first 6 months. After 6 months you may be eligible for a Loyalty Plan which includes unlimited Canada Wide talk.

6. What are these Loyalty Plans I keep hearing about?

Loyalty Plans are plans available to customers that have been with Zoomer for at least 6 months of service but YMMV if these will continue to be offered in the future. To date: $36, $45, $54 and $72 Family Plans all seem to still be available. For more info, check the Zoomer Loyalty Plan thread here: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... t-2058700/
*Loyalty Plan thread is listed as Expired Deal, but is still available to date. But YMMV

7. What type of SIM does Zoomer send out to new customers?

3 in 1 SIM which can be punched into full, micro or nano.

8. How long is this plan/bonus referral available until?

YMMV. Speak to a Zoomer rep to find out most up to date info, this plan has been extended multiple times.

9. Does Zoomer have any retail locations?

No. But they have the best customer service of any company I personally have been with and I've been with quite a few. Activate a chat session to chat online or give them a call to sign up/ask any questions. Reps are quick, super friendly and knowledgible.

10. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.

Mod Edit: Do not ask for a referral or state that you have one to give. Comments like "PM me for details” or “you’ve got a PM" is also not allowed - you may get an infraction, additionally, sending unsolicited referrals through private message which gets reported will almost certainly earn you an infraction.
179 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23316 posts
9749 upvotes
Ottawa
Screen cap the email please?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5217 posts
2183 upvotes
Winnipeg
zoomer.jpg
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 10:59 am
Screen cap the email please?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1035 posts
482 upvotes
Not really a BF deal when this has been their offer for the last few months? Well it went between 3GB and 4GB for $36, back and forth depending on the time of day.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1704 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
Is this for new activation only?

edit: nvm, OP posted details
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5217 posts
2183 upvotes
Winnipeg
my email also said I am eligible for upgrade, even though I am still about 5-6 months short IIRC.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1035 posts
482 upvotes
Wpegger wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:08 am
my email also said I am eligible for upgrade, even though I am still about 5-6 months short IIRC.
Interesting if you can upgrade and they’ll wave the current device balance. Let us know.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2343 posts
907 upvotes
GTA
It's nice to see that they have increased the referral credit for this promotion! Thanks OP
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2002 posts
1195 upvotes
St. Catharines
Anyone know if migrating from Sears SimplyConnect to Zoomer counts as a migration? My mother-in-law signed up with them 3 years ago (trusted Sears more than unheard of Zoomer.... )

My wife is with Zoomer, and looking to migrate MIL
Dec 5, 2005
886 posts
330 upvotes
Earth
MegaSilver wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:24 am
Anyone know if migrating from Sears SimplyConnect to Zoomer counts as a migration? My mother-in-law signed up with them 3 years ago (trusted Sears more than unheard of Zoomer.... )

I think they might be part of the same company (so may affect/negate the $100 referral), so an option would be to port out from Sears to Speakout wireless or Petro mobile. Open a new line for MIL on Zoomer with referral from your wife, then port into Zoomer.

Tell your wife you've taken care of her phone bill for two months, so she should take you out for steak!!!Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by Oatmeal on Nov 9th, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo: 10GB 4G LTE Unlimited Canada-wide calling, Text and Picture Messages
Zoomer Wireless: $45 6GB 4G LTE Unlimited Canada-wide calling, Text, Picture and Video Message
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1566 posts
765 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote:

You can contact Zoomer to switch from Sears to Zoomer. Many folks switched from Cityfone to Zoomer the past few promos.

Edit: Doing it this way, you will not get the referral credit. To get referral credit of $50 each, you'd have to port out first.
Last edited by rolomonster on Nov 9th, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2343 posts
907 upvotes
GTA
MegaSilver wrote:

Technically, services for both Zoomer and Sears Connect (and a few others) are provided through Cityfone. (When you sign up with either your contract is technically with Cityfone). With Sears no longer in the picture, I'm not sure how that would effect migrating from them to Zoomer.

Zoomer CSR's are great...you may want to do a quick online chat with them and see what they say. Please let us all know how it goes.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2057 posts
977 upvotes
GVRD
I am already on $36 (non-retention) for a while, I guess they are finally offering this to new customers?
Dec 5, 2005
886 posts
330 upvotes
Earth
Competition is great. They must have lost quite a few customers to the winback and migration offers. $36 for 4GB right away is a solid plan.
Koodo: 10GB 4G LTE Unlimited Canada-wide calling, Text and Picture Messages
Zoomer Wireless: $45 6GB 4G LTE Unlimited Canada-wide calling, Text, Picture and Video Message
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1566 posts
765 upvotes
This is a super hot deal folks $36 for 4gb, Free J3 (you can resell, use as a back up or trade in) and a $50 credit.

Was great last year and in 2016 for 2gb. For 4gb this year, it's a no brainier.

Been with them almost 2 years now and have have nothing but good experiences. I am now on loyalty $45 6gb plan.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo