Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer unpublicized deal 36$ 2GB data- LTE- 400 min. unlimited 6pm

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 7:34 pm
[OP]
Feb 27, 2008
856 posts
349 upvotes
Prince Edward County…

Zoomer unpublicized deal 36$ 2GB data- LTE- 400 min. unlimited 6pm

Price:
$36/mo.
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
This deal doesn't appear on their website, it's a "Black Friday" special only available over the phone, or on chat. They will send you a new phone and SIM card. It's still running for now, someone in the thread claims it's been extended to Dec. 31.

This deal requires a two-year contract, and must include a phone. I didn't need one- the rep suggested that an LG G4 might fetch $200. Apparently you can ask for a full-sized, perforated SIM that can be easily torn down to micro or Nano sim, depending on what you need.

If you don't ask for the SIM separately, the phone you select will come with the SIM installed.

Either way, the SIM comes with a new number in your area code, delivered by courier within a few business days of ordering. (EDIT- Dec. 7- it seems to be taking a bit over a week for folks to get phones/Sims now) You can easily port in your old number by calling Zoomer- this will automatically trigger an end to your existing plan, so you don't need to call your current provider. If you need help with any of this- Zoomer customer service is excellent.

36$/mo 2gLTE- 400 min. unlimited from 6pm & weekends. In six months, there is a good chance you will be able to upgrade to a "loyalty" plan by calling in. If it's still available at that time, it's the same deal but without the 400 min. daytime calling limit, it has unlimited Canada-wide calling. As far as I know, no other provider comes close to this value. Zoomer is a division of Citifone and is on the Rogers network.

A $25/$25 each referral fee is available with the name and account number of a current Zoomer customer.

To call Zoomer 1-888-632-1527
Or visit www.zoomerwireless.ca for options which include chat.
Last edited by MooseOnLoose on Nov 12th, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Thread Summary
Soliciting referrals in thread is strictly against forum rules, as well as camouflaging it (cup of tea, footwear allowance, etc.) Thread summary by @rolomonster and from original thread here:
zoomer-wireless-hot-36-2gb-lte-400-dayt ... t-2074500/

$36 Promo Plan Details:
400 Canada-Wide Minutes
2GB of LTE Data
UNLIMITED Text, Picture and Video Messages (Canada & International)
Unlimited Evenings and Weekends 6PM-7AM
UNLIMITED Zoomer-to-Zoomer calling Canada-Wide
Voicemail, Call Display, Name Display, Call Waiting & Conference Calling
Free Dorophone, LG F4NR, LG K4, Samsung J1, Samsung J3, or LG G4 with 2 year term

PLUS: Earn a $25 Referral Credit by getting a referral from a current Zoomer Customer
*Referral credits for new accounts only and must stay with Zoomer for 30 days or credit gets clawed back from both accounts

There are also plans available with 2gb and unlimited incoming calls for $40.50/month, 2.5GB option for $45/month with $150 Samsung A5 and 3GB option for $54/month with free LG G5 or Samsung A5
Note: Changes between promos must happen before the first 30 days of service or you risk losing double everything + 1gb bonuses. Any changes afterward would be after 6 months months of service when upgrading to one of their Loyalty Plans. But as with anything, YMMV.

FAQs:

1. How do I sign up for this awesome plan?

By activating a chat session with a Zoomer rep or calling in. They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in a $150 deposit and still get this plan! Zoomer will then ship you phone and SIM card. Delivery usually takes 2-3 days but YMMV. Don't forget to get a referral from a current Zoomer customer as you will each get a $25 bill credit.

2. Is this plan available on BYOD?

No. Plans listed above are only available on 2 year contract. Double Your Talk, Text, Data + EXTRA 1GB promo is not available on BYOD. BYOD plans are as listed on Zoomer website. If you want the cheapest buyout option get the lowest value phone ($100) as an emergency back up phone to sell/donate/trade in. Your buyout cost would then be $100÷24xmonths left on your contract. Or alternatively you can get the LG G4 (highest resale value and sell for $100-200 (YMMV) and reduce your overall costs.

3. What phone is best to get with this plan?

Depends on your needs. Best specs/resale value: LG G4. Resale value can range from $100-200 but YMMV. Best option for low buyout price: LG F4NR.

4. Can I use my own phone with Zoomer?

Yes. Zoomer sends you a 3 in 1 SIM that will fit into full sized, micro, or nano SIM card slots. Rogers locked devices and unlocked devices will all work under the Zoomer network of you have a phone already you would prefer to use. Fido locked Android phones also work, but YMMV depending on model. If you have an unlocked Android you must enter in the Rogers LTE APN listed below. If you have an unlocked LG device (G3/G4/G5), you may need to factory reset your phone after updating your APN. YMMV
APN Settings
Name: Zoomer LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: Not set
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: APv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: CC

5. What if 400 daytime mins is not enough for me?

You can use apps like Hangouts for outgoing calls using data/wifi, opt for the $40.50 Plan which includes unlimited incoming calls, or ask Zoomer for add ons for the first 6 months. After 6 months you may be eligible for a Loyalty Plan which includes unlimited Canada Wide talk.

6. What are these Loyalty Plans I keep hearing about?

Loyalty Plans are plans available to customers that have been with Zoomer for at least 6 months of service but YMMV if these will continue to be offered in the future. To date: $36, $45, $54 and $72 Family Plans all seem to still be available. For more info, check the Zoomer Loyalty Plan thread here: zoomer-wireless-zoomer-loyalty-cell-pho ... t-2058700/
*Loyalty Plan thread is listed as Expired Deal, but is still available to date. But YMMV

7. What type of SIM does Zoomer send out to new customers?

3 in 1 SIM which can be punched into full, micro or nano.

8. How long is this plan/ referral available until?

Referral credit is always at $25 but occasionally gets bumped to $50 during promos and special offers YMMV. Promo is rumoured to run until Nov 304th.

9. Does Zoomer have any retail locations?

No. But they have the best customer service of any company I personally have been with and I've been with quite a few. Activate a chat session to chat online or give them a call to sign up/ask any questions. Reps are quick, super friendly and knowledgible.

10. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.
1185 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1560 posts
260 upvotes
whats their loyalty plan now? Unlimited +2GB data? For 10%off 40plan= $36
Last edited by sircool on Nov 12th, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 4, 2013
80 posts
56 upvotes
Burlington
Very good deal. Whole family are using zoomer. Switched to unlimited mins (loyalty plan) after 6 months. Did the switch just via online chat.
Last edited by supershopping on Nov 12th, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 28, 2014
971 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been with zoomer for quite a while, would recommend! You can switch over to unlimited minutes after 6 months with no added charge.
Last edited by petepw on Nov 12th, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 5, 2007
404 posts
105 upvotes
East York
It was 45 dollars with 4gb data, I found that one more attractive. Not sure still offering or not
[OP]
Feb 27, 2008
856 posts
349 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Yeah I was with Citifone/Sears Wireless for a few years, (I think it's the same reps as Zoomer?) and the thing I was always surprised about was that the customer service was outstanding. So this not only seems like a better deal than Public Mobile, who wants $45 for 2g LTE, (although unlimited calling) and Public Mobile has no reps if something goes wrong, from what I understand?

Plus, with Zoomer I guess in 6 months I can switch to loyalty and have unlimited calling after that. Question: how do you monitor your calls so as not to go over 400min weekday? (cuz it's 35 cents a minute after)

Regarding the referral, if I'm getting 2 lines, can I refer my wife? (Maybe that's the promo the rep was hinting at!)
Last edited by MooseOnLoose on Nov 12th, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 3, 2012
484 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton
Here is the bad thing about zoomer. The travel plans. Overpriced, and not very useful. $40/month for calls text and 200 MB of data. Only the text does not include mmx. I just went on a 5 day trip. 100% of my data was used up just for text. I have another trip for the end of the month. But no data left. Calls went straight to my voicemail. Text messages arrived up to 1 day late...

For the most part there are no good plans available for us travel... Worse you have to get a person on the phone to activate a plan. That means if you cross the boarder without activating you have to wait for business hours to call and activate your plan.
Sep 6, 2011
183 posts
149 upvotes
Prospective buyers should wait until the black Friday deals are released by other carriers as zoomer doesn't have free returns. I would also wait until the $50 referral credit returns as well.

If you're worried about missing out on this deal, call the customer service line 18886321525 or start a chat and get a reference number. Most if not all agents for cell phone companies are commissioned based, so ask how they can get the commission.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2008
856 posts
349 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
facebook259 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:11 pm
Here is the bad thing about zoomer. The travel plans. Overpriced, and not very useful. $40/month for calls text and 200 MB of data. Only the text does not include mmx. I just went on a 5 day trip. 100% of my data was used up just for text. I have another trip for the end of the month. But no data left. Calls went straight to my voicemail. Text messages arrived up to 1 day late...

For the most part there are no good plans available for us travel... Worse you have to get a person on the phone to activate a plan. That means if you cross the boarder without activating you have to wait for business hours to call and activate your plan.
Is there anyone offering this kind of a deal (but with good U.S. travel) who can compete? Some people just get a Pay-as-you-go SIM for the States, no?
Banned
Nov 8, 2006
352 posts
73 upvotes
Any idea if you can get this plan before black Friday? Wife's plan is up Nov 20 with Telus gonna get her to switch also
Apr 23, 2013
276 posts
103 upvotes
MooseOnLoose wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:07 pm
Yeah I was with Citifone/Sears Wireless for a few years, (I think it's the same reps as Zoomer?) and the thing I was always surprised about was that the customer service was outstanding. So this not only seems like a better deal than Public Mobile, who wants $45 for 2g LTE, (although unlimited calling) and Public Mobile has no reps if something goes wrong, from what I understand?

Plus, with Zoomer I guess in 6 months I can switch to loyalty and have unlimited calling after that. Question: how do you monitor your calls so as not to go over 400min weekday? (cuz it's 35 cents a minute after)

Regarding the referral, if I'm getting 2 lines, can I refer my wife? (Maybe that's the promo the rep was hinting at!)
https://myaccount.zoomerwireless.ca/account/usage

It will show you
Data/Voice/Long Distance/Text usage, including Canada, US roaming and International roaming.

Im not sure if you can refer a new customer within 30days of activation. Confirmation needed.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2008
856 posts
349 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
mazdaspeed wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:14 pm
Any idea if you can get this plan before black Friday? Wife's plan is up Nov 20 with Telus gonna get her to switch also
The rep on the phone told me it was available right away and it would take just a few days to ship out the Sim. Does anyone know, if I do that and it takes me a week or two to activate, taking care of unlocking issues and everything, will that Price still hold for me?
Sep 6, 2011
183 posts
149 upvotes
MooseOnLoose wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:19 pm
The rep on the phone told me it was available right away and it would take just a few days to ship out the Sim. Does anyone know, if I do that and it takes me a week or two to activate, taking care of unlocking issues and everything, will that Price still hold for me?
The plan billing starts right away a few days after the whole thing is shipped. Please read the previous 1000 post thread on this plan.

Since billing starts right away, I recommend waiting for other carriers' black Friday plans.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7257 posts
7629 upvotes
It is only 18 days to Dec 1.
Is the free phone unlocked now or have to wait for Dec 1?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
2x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 3 numbers $94.50($72+$22.5)
Jul 28, 2014
971 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto, ON
embguy wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:31 pm
It is only 18 days to Dec 1.
Is the free phone unlocked now or have to wait for Dec 1?
Dec 1

Thread Information

There are currently 21 users viewing this thread. (13 members and 8 guests)

btswt101, gananoque, nr2527, Zrageon, slpless, vipervenom25, cire, Jarnail, ROYinTO, gostinger, 9613019, lurker99, facebook259