Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer unpublicized deal 36$ 2GB data- LTE- 400 min. unlimited 6pm

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 7:59 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2350 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
a PSA on delivery times.
Ordered Nov 21 to ship Nov 30 (the last day of the deal before it got extended).
They shipped late Dec 4 arriving today Dec 5 in the GTA via FedEx Priority overnight.
New billing cycle starts in 4 days.

The only thing that concerns me is that the outside of the box it shipped in had HOT hand written on it in marker. Not sure what that means. The G4 did get rather warm on 1st boot as it was installing/configuring 45 apps.
Jul 19, 2004
664 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
pmnguyen wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:46 am
Definitely. Same issue with my girlfriend's order. She ordered on BF and they did tell her about the deposit which she was totally fine with. The following Wednesday, she still hadn't received any shipping information, so we checked in and apparently the deposit wasn't put through the first time. The rep put the deposit/order through then, so it delayed the order by 3 business days. I wish they had contacted us right away if there was any issue. Now it's 6 days later (11 days after original BF order) and still no shipping information :(
Atleast they didn't ship it yet so they don't charge you. Apparently they start charging by shipping date. Mine shipped by UPS on Nov 29th and it was supposed to arrive the next day but it just keeps saying delivery will be delayed by 1 day. Don't think I'm ever going to see my phone at this rate.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10501 posts
2133 upvotes
GTA
someone16 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:16 pm
Atleast they didn't ship it yet so they don't charge you. Apparently they start charging by shipping date. Mine shipped by UPS on Nov 29th and it was supposed to arrive the next day but it just keeps saying delivery will be delayed by 1 day. Don't think I'm ever going to see my phone at this rate.
Rep told me they start charging on the date of receipt, which makes way more sense than the shipping date. How can you be charged for a phone service if you don't even have the SIM yet?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2294 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:31 pm
Rep told me they start charging on the date of receipt, which makes way more sense than the shipping date. How can you be charged for a phone service if you don't even have the SIM yet?
I think they start charging on the scheduled delivery date, not the actual date.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1228 posts
465 upvotes
Vancouver
9613019 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:45 pm
I think they start charging on the scheduled delivery date, not the actual date.
If there is a significant difference in dates, I believe they will change it to the actual activation day if you ask nicely before you use it for the first time…
Last edited by max011 on Dec 5th, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10501 posts
2133 upvotes
GTA
9613019 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:45 pm
Rep told me once they get the 'delivered' msg in their system.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13280 posts
3046 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:31 pm
I was given the same response from the person who took my order. My order was placed November 25 for deferred shipment on November 30. Still waiting... Not concerned yet as the account I intend to port still has 11 days of time to the next renewal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7282 posts
7645 upvotes
Something is wrong at Cityfone ATM. This was not happened before. Usually, I got my phone on the third day. But my order has not been shipped after 1 week.

They should stop the promo for a week to get the backlog cleared before continuing with the promo as they had been doing for the last 3 years.

This is hard for people to time the switching to Zoomer.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
2x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 3 numbers $94.50($72+$22.5)
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13280 posts
3046 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 4:22 pm
Something is wrong at Cityfone ATM. This was not happened before. Usually, I got my phone on the third day. But my order has not been shipped after 1 week.

They should stop the promo for a week to get the backlog cleared before continuing with the promo as they had been doing for the last 3 years.

This is hard for people to time the switching to Zoomer.
I guess they did not anticipate the RFD effect adequately coupled with the fact that other carriers offered nothing so far for the holiday season. There is no advertisement on the promo on their site. Imagine if they did advertise it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7282 posts
7645 upvotes
The major difference between this promo and the previous promo is the LG G4 phone. But people are selling them to buy a better phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
2x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 3 numbers $94.50($72+$22.5)
Oct 24, 2010
154 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
resolvist wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:57 pm
How long did it take to port your number?
I might have been super lucky - after getting off the phone with Zoomer customer service, it took me a couple minutes to get the SIM out of the G4, once I popped it into my unlocked phone, it was already showing Cityfone.
Overall, a super smooth transition! (For the record, I was with Rogers).
Nov 14, 2003
137 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
I'm 5 months in with Zoomer, almost time for a loyalty plan. But, now I am getting a phone from work, with personal use allowed. Is there any resale value for the plan? Otherwise, I am on the hook for the remaining balance of the Huawei GR5.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16380 posts
4996 upvotes
Ottawa
Cnsultnt wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:30 pm
I'm 5 months in with Zoomer, almost time for a loyalty plan. But, now I am getting a phone from work, with personal use allowed. Is there any resale value for the plan? Otherwise, I am on the hook for the remaining balance of the Huawei GR5.
There's a buyer for everything.
Not trying to persuade you otherwise, as I'm also issued a work device and have had one with the company for over a decade, but mine has IT policies in place (Blackberry) and it cannot be used to download apps or take photos etc...
So something to take into consideration.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2294 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Cnsultnt wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:30 pm
You may want to contact Zoomer to see whether you can transfer a retention plan as it has higher resale value. You may want to do it in January if the current promotion ends in December.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1080 posts
237 upvotes
Zoomer will let you do a transfer of responsibility. It costs money though I cant remember how much but it was between 15-25$

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)