Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer unpublicized deal 36$ 2GB data- LTE- 400 min. unlimited 6pm

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 2:00 pm
Dec 12, 2013
53 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
9613019 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:09 am
Zoomer wireless is a program designed for Zoomer magazine and run by Cityfone. The service provider is still Cityfone and Cityfone is the legal entity. You can get the similar promotion with Cityfone, but without the 10% off. There is no reason to choose Cityfone right now, as you pay more to get less.

Note that you need to get a Cityfone referral for opening a Cityfone account.
I'm already with Cityfone. Just wondering if I was able to get this deal without moving to Zoomer.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1204 posts
236 upvotes
GTA
fcukstrated wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:09 pm
I'm already with Cityfone. Just wondering if I was able to get this deal without moving to Zoomer.
When you port the number from Cityfone to Zoomer, it is like instant and you are still under Cityfone (because it does say "Cityfone" on your home screen on your phone) - therefore, you really have not left Cityfone. One thing I don't know is if you can use a zoomer referral to get yourself some credit or not. Is there any one who has switched from Cityfone to Zoomer can help?
- - - - -
2 x Zoomer accounts
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4107 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
i switched from cityfone to zoomer, but my case was a little different.

I'm pretty sure you gotta do another credit check though as they're considered different companies
Zoomer Customer EST Oct '14 (PM for questions)
Koodo TBD
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2280 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
fcukstrated wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:09 pm
You will get the 2GB loyalty plan at $40 if you have been with Cityfone for 6 months.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2280 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
pkphilip wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:38 pm
Phone call is working and it's inconvenient if I am traveling, SMS is free but not a voice call.

When I was with Fido, I don't have this issue.
I see. I just want make sure that it is not the issue from Google. Have you ever rebooted your phone after inserting your Zoomer sim card? Did you try your sim card with another phone? It might be an issue with the phone settings.
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Dec 12, 2013
53 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
Since they're essentially the same company, do I need a new sim if I move from Cityfone to Zoomer?
I already have the 2GB $40 cityfone plan. Really just looking to get the 10% off and a new G4.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1065 posts
508 upvotes
fcukstrated wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:45 pm
Since they're essentially the same company, do I need a new sim if I move from Cityfone to Zoomer?
I already have the 2GB $40 cityfone plan. Really just looking to get the 10% off and a new G4.
Some have reported no, but YMMV. Best thing to do is activate a chat session and ask a Zoomer rep directly.
Koodo: $25 Unlimited Talk/Text
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2280 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
fcukstrated wrote:
I did the transfer and no need to use a new sim card. If you are still in the original 2 year contract with Cityfone, you need to pay off your device balance.
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1617 posts
666 upvotes
Vancouver
9613019 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:40 pm
I see. I just want make sure that it is not the issue from Google. Have you ever rebooted your phone after inserting your Zoomer sim card? Did you try your sim card with another phone? It might be an issue with the phone settings.
If I am getting SMS from other and checked the blacklist, I think the issue is with Roger. Just doing a search already this shows up: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ac ... 112/page/3

I will try the SIM on another phone tonight. I know it's not Google's issue because I can get the SMS on my Bell phone. That's why I am trying to see if other have this issue so that they can escalate to Rogers because this is unusual.
Oct 30, 2013
145 posts
19 upvotes
Just received the LG G4!

Are these phones unlocked? Just wondering what I should tell potential buyers since I’m just gonna use my iPhone.
Dec 3, 2017
2 posts
^You can go on the live chat and ask for the unlock code to unlock it.

I am selling my G4 as I have my iPhone. Buyer requested receipt or proof of purchase but I do not want to provide my order confirmation which includes my address and sim info. Thoughts on what to provide?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4107 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
resolvist wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 5:29 pm
^You can go on the live chat and ask for the unlock code to unlock it.

I am selling my G4 as I have my iPhone. Buyer requested receipt or proof of purchase but I do not want to provide my order confirmation which includes my address and sim info. Thoughts on what to provide?
look for another buyer
Koodo TBD
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3460 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
Speaking from personal experience after just moving from Cityfone to Zoomer:
Gotoff wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:24 pm
i switched from cityfone to zoomer, but my case was a little different.

I'm pretty sure you gotta do another credit check though as they're considered different companies
They are actually the same company. The Zoomer CSR even has access to my Cityfone account. In my case, all the CSR had to do was create a Zoomer account number and move all my personal information over from Cityfone. Super easy.
So I didn't really check my credit, but I almost certain there was no hit.
9613019 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:30 pm

You will get the 2GB loyalty plan at $40 if you have been with Cityfone for 6 months.
I got the Zoomer loyalty plan (2GB LTE, unlimited anytime minutes, enhanced voicemail for $36/month) for being with Cityfone.
fcukstrated wrote:
I was able to continue using my existing Cityfone SIM card (but billed to Zoomer account) while I waited for my new phone to arrive.
They sent me a new SIM card with the new phone. Call in to activate the new SIM, at which point the Cityfone SIM will become deactivated.

---
I also tried to get the referral credit, but it didn't happen.
Last edited by twotterdhc6 on Dec 6th, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4107 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
twotterdhc6 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 5:52 pm
Speaking from personal experience after just moving from Cityfone to Zoomer:

They are actually the same company. The Zoomer CSR even has access to my Cityfone account. In my case, all the CSR had to do was create a Zoomer account number and move all my personal information over from Cityfone. Super easy.
So I didn't really check my credit, but I almost certain there was no hit.

I got the Zoomer loyalty plan (2GB LTE, unlimited anytime minutes, enhanced voicemail for $36/month) for being with Cityfone.

I was able to continue using my existing Cityfone SIM card (but billed to Zoomer account) while I waited for my new phone to arrive.
They sent me a new SIM card with the new phone. Call in to activate the new SIM, at which point the Cityfone SIM will become deactivated.
Oh, i know they're the same company but under different names. i'm pretty sure they'd still have to do a credit check though because its essentially a new account
Koodo TBD
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2186 posts
818 upvotes
GTA
Zoomer Wireless and Cityfone are not really the same company. Cityfone is owned by Rogers. Zoomer Wireless appears to be part of ZoomerMedia which, according to Wikipedia, is a group of Canadian media companies controlled by Moses Znaimer.

When you sign up with Zoomer Wireless, your contract is really with Cityfone but and your phone will show Cityfone as the provider. The service uses the Rogers system and towers.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.

Thread Information

There are currently 15 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 8 guests)

tattashot, yumyu, wenmeizou, davidsong, gramie, kane2080, dmc69