Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer unpublicized deal 36$ 2GB data- LTE- 400 min. unlimited 6pm

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 9:17 am
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2284 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
bvit6667 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:37 pm
Zoomer Wireless and Cityfone are not really the same company. Cityfone is owned by Rogers. Zoomer Wireless appears to be part of ZoomerMedia which, according to Wikipedia, is a group of Canadian media companies controlled by Moses Znaimer.

When you sign up with Zoomer Wireless, your contract is really with Cityfone but and your phone will show Cityfone as the provider. The service uses the Rogers system and towers.
Zoomer wireless is not a legal entity, it is just a special program, same as RBC talk and save. They are all managed and operated by Cityfone. Zoomer Media does not control Zoomer Wireless. As you said, you contract is with Cityfone, not Zoomer Wireless or Zoomer Media.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
May 22, 2004
474 posts
14 upvotes
Promo plan is still active, I signed up today. They said while supplies last and also it could take longer 7-10 business days because of the black friday back log.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2188 posts
819 upvotes
GTA
fidoguydo wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:47 pm
Promo plan is still active, I signed up today. They said while supplies last and also it could take longer 7-10 business days because of the black friday back log.
This promotion must be bringing them a lot of new customers if their usual quick turnaround has ballooned into 7-10 business days!
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13245 posts
3022 upvotes
Toronto
bvit6667 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:54 pm
This promotion must be bringing them a lot of new customers if their usual quick turnaround has ballooned into 7-10 business days!
The wait could be longer than that. It was 7-10 days for orders in November. Sadly, it is not so much that this is a lava hot deal. It is that all the other carriers have decided to skip the sales on black Friday.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2578 posts
381 upvotes
Ajax
New orders ...is there any email sent out when the phone is shipped?
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13245 posts
3022 upvotes
Toronto
gostinger wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:25 pm
This email is customary.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1621 posts
666 upvotes
Vancouver
gostinger wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:25 pm
I got mine both times (the G4 and later on the replacement G4). Weirdly is that the first one was sent from Vancouver and the replacement was sent from Burnaby.

Anyways, please definitely check your phones in a black room for bad pixels. My first one got a slow pixel, and the replacement has 2 dead ones. I just sent the replacement back and left a note saying that I am keeping my first one. Maybe the G4 is EOL so LG starting to use lesser quality parts? Both of my parent's G4 display are perfect, they got them 2 years ago.

I guess no one else is going tell me if Google Authentication email is working? My friend's Fido line is working.
Aug 24, 2007
53 posts
8 upvotes
Kitchener
MooseOnLoose wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:08 pm
Zoomer has confirmed that indeed there is no limitation on the number of referrals possible for one account.
And persistence pays off. Once I heard that the rep I talked to on the phone was wrong about the OP of this thread having too many referrals and couldn't be used as my referral, I sent an email to Zoomer to again request them to use the OP as my referral. If they denied it again, I'd at least have something in writing to share on this thread. But I received an email answer last night confirming that the referral was accepted. Apologies to the others who PM'd me with their referral info, but since this thread is what resulted in me signing up for this deal, I felt it was only right that I use him as my referral if at all possible. Now I just need to phone to arrive to begin my Zoomer Wireless customer experience.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2284 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
scott29919 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:23 am
And persistence pays off. Once I heard that the rep I talked to on the phone was wrong about the OP of this thread having too many referrals and couldn't be used as my referral, I sent an email to Zoomer to again request them to use the OP as my referral. If they denied it again, I'd at least have something in writing to share on this thread. But I received an email answer last night confirming that the referral was accepted. Apologies to the others who PM'd me with their referral info, but since this thread is what resulted in me signing up for this deal, I felt it was only right that I use him as my referral if at all possible. Now I just need to phone to arrive to begin my Zoomer Wireless customer experience.
Thanks for updated info.
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1070 posts
512 upvotes
scott29919 wrote:
Glad they were able to apply it and I hope that doesn't happen to anyone else! Their customer service is still better than any other service provider, however it has slipped (slightly) since Shan (Zoomer Customer Service Guru) left.
Koodo: $25 Unlimited Talk/Text
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2188 posts
819 upvotes
GTA
scott29919 wrote:
It's nice to see that you put out the extra effort and that it paid off...well done!
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
May 31, 2011
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
This thread has really piqued my interest.

Does anyone know if they also have a family plan promotion that isn't listed on their website?
I'm hoping to move my mom and myself over to Zoomer.
Rogers is just too expensive.

Im gonna live chat with them later this morning, but wanted some info prior.

Thanks RFDers
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1208 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
davetel wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:12 am

Does anyone know if they also have a family plan promotion that isn't listed on their website?

Thanks RFDers
Individual plan @ $36 x 2 or take the Family Plan for 2 @ $72. Take a look at the earlier pages where there were some opinions on both Pros and Cons.
Good luck.
When you are ready to sign up, you can use a referral to gain some credit.
You can get one referral first, and then refer your mom by yourself if you opt for the individual plan.
- - - - -
2 x Zoomer accounts
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2284 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
davetel wrote:

Thanks RFDers
If i remember correctly, the regular family plan is $72 for 800 minutes + 3GB data. After 6 months, you can switch to loyalty family plan with 1000 minutes + 4GB data.
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1070 posts
512 upvotes
davetel wrote:

Thanks RFDers
The current Family plan is 800 Daytime Minutes and 3gb of data. After 6 months of service, you can switch to the Loyalty Family Plan with 4gb of data and 1000 daytime minutes.

You can also get two separate $36 plans (as listed in OP w/400 daytime and 2gb of data) and after 6 months switch to two individual $36 Loyalty Plans with unlimited calling, or join the two lines in the Loyalty Family Plan listed above. Or you can even switch either of your lines to the $45 4gb or $54 5gb Loyalty Plans if that better suits your needs.
Koodo: $25 Unlimited Talk/Text
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 6 guests)

LurkerPro, jeremy31, bvit6667, Pinkwood