Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer unpublicized deal 36$ 2GB data- LTE- 400 min. unlimited 6pm

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 4:35 pm
Aug 12, 2013
4 posts
Just signed up to this plan so it is still available. Thanks OP. Agent said the promotion would be extended until the end of the month. May take 5-10 business days to receive the device.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2186 posts
818 upvotes
GTA
davetel wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:12 am
This thread has really piqued my interest.

Does anyone know if they also have a family plan promotion that isn't listed on their website?
I'm hoping to move my mom and myself over to Zoomer.
Rogers is just too expensive.

Im gonna live chat with them later this morning, but wanted some info prior.

Thanks RFDers
Most people find that it is better to sign up for two individual plans instead of a family plan. The one exception is if one person uses a lot of data or airtime and the other uses very little - then the family plan seems to work better. YMMV
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Feb 8, 2017
18 posts
1 upvote
Well now I am tempted to actually sign up - I think the $45 would be a better fit for me, since I use about 2.5-3gig of data (Waze/some streaming for music), guess will have to make a decision in the next few days. Thanks OP (and RFD!)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1065 posts
508 upvotes
LurkerPro wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:01 am
Well now I am tempted to actually sign up - I think the $45 would be a better fit for me, since I use about 2.5-3gig of data (Waze/some streaming for music), guess will have to make a decision in the next few days. Thanks OP (and RFD!)
If you use more than 2.5 gb, I'd suggest signing up for the $54 3gb plan for now with an LG G4 (minimum $36 plan requirement) and switch to the $45 4gb Loyalty Plan after 6 months of service. That way you won't be charged any overages if you go over 2.5gb.
Last edited by rolomonster on Dec 7th, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo: $25 Unlimited Talk/Text
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2278 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
LurkerPro wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:01 am
Waze does not use much data, but streaming music does. You can switch between $36 & $45 plans as currently there is no phone tied to the $45 plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Oct 30, 2013
75 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
To anyone that ordered on November 29th or later: Have you received your phone yet? I still haven't received shipping info and it's bummin' me out.
Feb 17, 2014
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
pmnguyen wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:44 pm
To anyone that ordered on November 29th or later: Have you received your phone yet? I still haven't received shipping info and it's bummin' me out.
Ordered on Nov 30th and just received the shipping notice today
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7238 posts
7618 upvotes
pmnguyen wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:44 pm
Wait another 1 - 2 day... I ordered on Nov 28 and I got my shipping email this morning. When they said 7-10 business days, they are not kidding.

If you are on a pre-paid plan and don't want to miss the port out deadline and pay extra month of service, it is better to signup at least 12 business day ahead of your start of your next billing cycle. There is not refund for pre-paid plan if you port out early if you do not port out at the end of your billing cycle. Your number cannot be ported out if it is not active.
mango100 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:48 pm
Ordered on Nov 30th and just received the shipping notice today
Is Zoomer shipping by lottery depending your luck?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
2x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 3 numbers $94.50($72+$22.5)
Aug 18, 2011
58 posts
15 upvotes
KITCHENER
Ordered 11/29, received yesterday. Number ported from Virgin within 5 mins. Virgin asked why, still Virgin could not provide similar plan. Bye Virgin.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1616 posts
666 upvotes
Vancouver
Here's the end of my SMS story, I promise there will be no more drama. Winking Face

My line was ported out from Fongo, and based on some searching around, this oddity is discussed in both Rogers and Fido forum. The solution is: submit a ticket to Fongo, asked them to ensure the # is completely ported out and removed from their database. It took them less than 12 hours to get back to me and confirmed my number is cleared on Fongo's end. I then chatted with Zoomer and asked them to double check the port in, they did a refresh on the line and 2 hours later I am getting SMS from Google.

I don't know whose fault is this but that's the end of it.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1065 posts
508 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:49 pm
Is Zoomer shipping by lottery depending your luck?
LOL... Maybe those that live in BC are getting them sooner? Or some people may have opted for different devices than the LG G4. I ordered the LG K4 on the 29th and got it on Monday and have already sold it.
Koodo: $25 Unlimited Talk/Text
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7238 posts
7618 upvotes
rolomonster wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:17 pm
LOL... Maybe those that live in BC are getting them sooner? Or some people may have opted for different devices than the LG G4. I ordered the LG K4 on the 29th and got it on Monday and have already sold it.
It does not make any sense unless Zoomer is waiting for LG G4 shipment from LG.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7238 posts
7618 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:11 pm
Here's the end of my SMS story, I promise there will be no more drama. Winking Face

My line was ported out from Fongo, and based on some searching around, this oddity is discussed in both Rogers and Fido forum. The solution is: submit a ticket to Fongo, asked them to ensure the # is completely ported out and removed from their database. It took them less than 12 hours to get back to me and confirmed my number is cleared on Fongo's end. I then chatted with Zoomer and asked them to double check the port in, they did a refresh on the line and 2 hours later I am getting SMS from Google.

I don't know whose fault is this but that's the end of it.
I know Fongo want their port out fee before letting your number go.
Is this number Fongo gave you or is it your number you ported into Fongo?
I ported my home number to Fongo to be use with my ATA 4 years ago. I like to know just in case I want to port it out.
Dec 6, 2017
1 posts
Waterloo Region
Thanks to everyone who has commented on this informative thread. We just got off the phone with a Zoomer CSR! We went with the Samsung A5, $54/mth, Black Friday Deal. That included $0 for the phone, 800 minutes unlimited Canada-Wide calling, unlimited text and 3GB of data.
We should be getting the phone in 2-3 days.
Dec 3, 2014
15 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ordered 11/29 received today 12/7.
Ported number from Rogers took less than 5 mins!
Bye bye Robbers!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)