Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer unpublicized deal 36$ 2GB data- LTE- 400 min. unlimited 6pm

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2018 5:06 pm
Dec 16, 2006
657 posts
223 upvotes
Central Ontario
sherminator wrote: i'm not sure why you are coming along now in December 2017 and claiming this is a terrible deal.
1. He/She is new to the forum
2. Probably hasn't read past Zoomer threads
3. Probably hasn't completely read this thread.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
TillTuesday wrote: what spell are you under? so you are going to wait 6 months before you get the same amount of minutes instead of not having to wait. And even then with Freedom you get it for $30 vs. $36 from zoomer. So you have to wait SIX MONTHS for it to be comparable on minute basis AND still have to pay 13% MORE? How about I sell you a loonie for a toonie will you buy that too?
I'm not sure what plan you're referring to. It's not one advertised on their site (and I don't care to dig through threads to find it). Closest is their $40 plan, which is more expensive than Zoomer. This plan includes NO data, talk, or text in "away" zones. Why anyone would choose this over Zoomer? I guess if keeping under 400 daytime minutes for 6 months is a big hardship, maybe, otherwise I don't see it.
And even *if* there is a $30 plan that includes the unlimited talk and text and 2GB data.. I'd argue the extra $6/mo is worth it to have a MUCH BETTER Canada wide network.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Freedom's plan may make sense for some people.. and for those people, that's great; go get that plan. I think *most* people travel outside of Freedom's "home zones" at least a few times a year and roaming charges could *quickly* add up if you try to use your phone as normal.
This space for rent.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41797 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
TillTuesday wrote: what spell are you under? so you are going to wait 6 months before you get the same amount of minutes instead of not having to wait. And even then with Freedom you get it for $30 vs. $36 from zoomer. So you have to wait SIX MONTHS for it to be comparable on minute basis AND still have to pay 13% MORE? How about I sell you a loonie for a toonie will you buy that too?
Freedom has weak coverage...otherwise I would have switched to them a long time ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
1107 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
morpheus_1987 wrote: They only need name, birthday, email, address and credit card for preauthorized payment. I signed up on Tuesday.

They setup an online account for you with your email. I expect to get my phone today according to UPS tracking and will update on the porting process if anyone is interested.
Received my phone now and have ported over. I called in, provided my Zoomer account # since I didn't know my Zoomer #. I provided my pin and then my Telus account # and within 10 minutes I received the text to confirm I was ported over. They did say typically it can take from 1-2 hours.
Participant in:
Koodo Mobile - $25/month with 30GB LTE for 24 months (with $5 24 month credit).
Microsoft Price Error - ASUS TUF FX505DT-UB52
40" 4K Samsung TV Monitor User - DM to Ask me anything.
Dec 17, 2007
460 posts
245 upvotes
I called in last night taking about if there could be 1G bonus data but got nothing.
I just renewed plan with them a couple of days ago and received the new G4. I told them I'd rather return the phone and switch to other carriers. The CSR put me on hold for a couple of minutes to talk to her supervisor, but still said no deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Mattsaver wrote: Just wanted to let others know. I got the 45dollar loyalty plan today and it has a 1 gig promo bonus.. 5gigs now on the 45 dollar loyalty plan. Not sure how long the promo is on. I switched to the loyalty plan today and they gave me an extra gig.
Mattsaver wrote: Image
Has anybody else gotten the same bonus data on top of their loyalty plan? Or was this a total fluke accident by a rep who's probably had a stern talking-to LOL
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
rolomonster wrote: Has anybody else gotten the same bonus data on top of their loyalty plan? Or was this a total fluke accident by a rep who's probably had a stern talking-to LOL
called again earlier today and no go.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41797 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
No go here either.
Supposedly, 1GB only applies to in-market and does not apply to loyalty plans.
I didn't name drop RFD, but said I was aware that it was possible to be added.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
My email is still attached to someone's Chatr account ....as I was helping them to become chatr customer etc ...a year ago or so.

Yesterday I received a migration email ...chatr to Fido..with offer ending December 31.
Just wanted to share it here ... $40 unlimited talk and text with 4 GB data / m.

But I guess if one already has an account at fido...they can get an additional 10% off for another line....and be at $36 /m. for this offer ...not $40.

Here is that offer...from my email ...
Images
  • wp_ss_20171222_0004.png
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote: My email is still attached to someone's Chatr account ....as I was helping them to become chatr customer etc ...a year ago or so.

Yesterday I received a migration email ...chatr to Fido..with offer ending December 31.
Just wanted to share it here ... $40 unlimited talk and text with 4 GB data / m.

But I guess if one already has an account at fido...they can get an additional 10% off for another line....and be at $36 /m. for this offer ...not $40.

With 10% off, it is better than the Rogers offer.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
9613019 wrote: With 10% off, it is better than the Rogers offer.
Ditto.

That's why I mentioned it :)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Darkman wrote: My email is still attached to someone's Chatr account ....as I was helping them to become chatr customer etc ...a year ago or so.

Every carriers are trying hard to keep their existing customer.
9613019 wrote: With 10% off, it is better than the Rogers offer.
It is not the same. New Fido customer does not get the 10% off the $40 4GB plan - only on the second line for existing Fido customer. Otherwise, it will be direct competitor of Zoomer $36 2GB plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Sep 18, 2017
686 posts
1048 upvotes
GVRD
Thanks OP.
My son signed up for this.
Just enough data for relatively low $$$$.
I also tried to get Koodo to match and they would but no free phone.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
embguy wrote:
It is not the same. New Fido customer does not get the 10% off the $40 4GB plan - only on the second line for existing Fido customer. Otherwise, it will be direct competitor of Zoomer $36 2GB plan.
This offer wasn't for ANY New Fido customer ... it was only for Chatr person / account to migrate to Fido ...
... and if that person already had account at Fido (or could "join" under relative etc that way) .. then it could have ended up being 2nd line at Fido.

For example, if my mother / me wouldn't walked to Rogers few days ago (for $20 / m. unlimited talk and text plan with no data) ... then that second migration account could have been combined together and got 10% off $40 monthly fee.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
I guess it's not a bad idea with Zoomer ... after fulfilling 2 years agreement and if not in need of another free phone ... -- NOT to jump / lock yourself with another 2 year agreement .. but simply go month to month ... especially around this time of the year (black friday / christmas / boxing deals) :)

Then if something better comes across would be easier and pain free to switch to another provider, if wish to do so :)

Agree? ...

... especially if the free phone Zoomer is offering at the time is NOT the one you really would like to have :D
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41797 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Darkman wrote: I guess it's not a bad idea with Zoomer ... after fulfilling 2 years agreement and if not in need of another free phone ... -- NOT to jump / lock yourself with another 2 year agreement .. but simply go month to month ... especially around this time of the year (black friday / christmas / boxing deals) :)

Then if something better comes across would be easier and pain free to switch to another provider, if wish to do so :)

Agree? ...

... especially if the free phone Zoomer is offering at the time is NOT the one you really would like to have :D
Exactly why I've been off contract for a year now.
Dec 19, 2017
19 posts
24 upvotes
Well i checked my account today. And zoomer removed the bonus 1 gig. I talked to them they said to bad so sad..the other agent was wrong. I guess it was to good to be true. Not sure i would have ever used that extra gig but would have been nice.
Nov 21, 2012
353 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
rolomonster wrote: Contact LG cell repair your bootlooped LG G4 for you even if it's out of warranty. Some have said it's only up to 21 months, but ymmv. Please let us know what they end up doing if anything at all.
I am not going to do anything at all, I am using the new Zoomer LG4 they sent me with my old battery and SD card. I know its not LG but I had warranty issues with another Korean manufacturer Samsung a few years ago with Nexus S. I had issues with it screen was unresponsive in specific parts just couple of months after purchase they told me it was out of warranty even though the phone itself has been on sale for 3-4 months. Lately I have had lots of issues with brand new electronics to be honest, got a Dell laptop few weeks ago - within 1 minute it was clear I had to returned it, the right speaker was broken and the sound was distorted. I called Dell and I was like what kind of QC is this!?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2756 posts
1630 upvotes
Ontario
I signed up Zoomer for my wife, she has noticed that her calls got dropped in the middle of her conversations several occasions now, has anybody experienced this? She was with Rogers and didn't have this problem before. This is weird because Zoomer uses Rogers network. I don't know if it is really her iphone that is acting up but she is blaming Zoomer (and me for switching) Disappointed Face
Currently happy customer with Koodo, Roger and Virgin Mobile.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41797 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Headbeancounter wrote: I signed up Zoomer for my wife, she has noticed that her calls got dropped in the middle of her conversations several occasions now, has anybody experienced this? She was with Rogers and didn't have this problem before. This is weird because Zoomer uses Rogers network. I don't know if it is really her iphone that is acting up but she is blaming Zoomer (and me for switching) Disappointed Face
3yrs now and no issues at all.
I don't even remember when the last time, while with any of the big 3; I had dropped calls.