Computers & Electronics

is ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 1GB for $125 a good deal?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2015 4:29 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 2, 2015
254 posts
154 upvotes
toronto

is ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 1GB for $125 a good deal?

http://www.newegg.ca/Special/ShellShock ... DealType=0

I don't have a video card for my FX-6300 desktop since i rarely play games

Is that card a decent deal? Overkill for my needs?

I got newegg premier so free shipping.

Could i have any space issue with this card? I got a microatx case so space is limited

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VGIEBp8.jpg[/IMG]
13 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12038 posts
5146 upvotes
Are you planing on gaming? If you are, go with the AMD or the GTX 750Ti. The AMD is a longer card, and also will run hotter
Jan 2, 2015
254 posts
154 upvotes
toronto
CFRTim wrote: Are you planing on gaming? If you are, go with the AMD or the GTX 750Ti. The AMD is a longer card, and also will run hotter
A little, not much. I need a small card i think. The TI seems like $50 more :/
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
New AMD GPUs coming VERY soon
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Pretty expensive for a 750.

I've seen then as low as 99
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Jan 2, 2015
254 posts
154 upvotes
toronto
thx for the feedback. i'll wait then.

how much better will the new budget amd card be vs this 750?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
TedDanson wrote: thx for the feedback. i'll wait then.

how much better will the new budget amd card be vs this 750?
if you aren't playing games then use the onboard cpu video. This card isn't suitable for gaming as it is a 1 gig card. 2gig is pretty much the minimum these days for medium textures. 1 gig might not even work well for some games at min textures if you run it at a high resolution which will eat up even more video memory.

This looks like overkill and doesn't serve your needs for either scenario.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
CFRTim wrote: Are you planing on gaming? If you are, go with the AMD or the GTX 750Ti. The AMD is a longer card, and also will run hotter
TedDanson wrote: A little, not much. I need a small card i think. The TI seems like $50 more :/
The 750 and 750 Ti are very different when it comes to power requirements. The Ti requires less power.
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12038 posts
5146 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: The 750 and 750 Ti are very different when it comes to power requirements. The Ti requires less power.
Other way around. 750Ti is the higher performing one, but power consumption difference is only about 5W, while performance is more noticeable, and so is the price, with the Ti model $50 more on average.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
CFRTim wrote: Other way around. 750Ti is the higher performing one, but power consumption difference is only about 5W, while performance is more noticeable, and so is the price, with the Ti model $50 more on average.
Yep, I had it wrong. Checked the Nvidia site and found the specs.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... ifications
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... ifications
But they do say: "Graphics card specifications may vary by Add-in-card manufacturer. Please refer to the Add-in-card manufacturers' website for actual shipping specifications."

Thanks for pointing it out. I don't remember where I was looking or at which brand, but I recall them saying the 750 needed a larger power supply than 750 Ti. It could have been a marketing snafu. I assumed that was across the board. It might have even been comparing brands.
I am looking to upgrade the graphics and my power supply is the limiting factor - Dell Optiplex. The 750 and 750 Ti worked out best... the highest level upgrade without exceeding the power supply. I don't game and was thinking of photo editing.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
pretty good price for the 750 ti

also a plus that it doesnt require a PSU connection to function, do it
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
TedDanson wrote: Could i have any space issue with this card? I got a microatx case so space is limited
It is hard to say from your picture. When doing my initial research I recall a few posts that mentioned tall capacitors interfered with some cards. Looks to me like you've got some capacitors near your slots. Turn off your power and get in measure your length and height clearances.

You might want to get a "straight" SATA cable for that drive in the bottom right hand corner though (the blue cable).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)