Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

ZTE Axon - 1 Week Sale - $219

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2016 5:54 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
2610 posts
82 upvotes
GTA
Cisco KId wrote:
will888 wrote: There is no finger print scanner. The ZTE site specs match gsmarena. Although this phone was released a year ago, the specs are really two years old. It is pretty much like a one plus one with a snapdragon 801 CPU. However, only 2 gigs of ram and 32 gigs of internal storage. So, if you think a slightly lesser opo is worth $220, then this is a good deal. Personally, I don't think so. A quick google search of xda showed nothing for this phone. Two big strikes, I am out.

http://www.ztedevices.ca/products/smart ... /axon.html#
the devidce is a snapdragon 810 same as Nexus 6p, identical gpu being adreno 430 current snap 820's come with adreno 530. the screen is qhd and the unit has 4GB of ram. the design along the top and bottom is just that a desiogn it is not speaker output. camera by reviews is decent not great and not bad. for the price , does not seem to bad based on reviews. having used an opo for 27 mths I could have continued to use it another year easy, thats pretty solid and its performance was still solid till i sold it a few weeks ago for opo3

software update would be my cohncern but then again overall user reviews are good and 4219 is pretty decent , has great headphones sound as well
http://www.androidauthority.com/zte-axo ... ew-628659/
Don't know how many different axon they have but somehow the one on sale at cc has snapdragon 801 and adreno 330 with only 2 gigs of ram and 1080 screen. Maybe the one you're referring to is a pro?
Stuff for sale/trade/wtb
Computer Stuff
My Heatware
Ebay
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
Nubee wrote:
Cisco KId wrote:
will888 wrote: There is no finger print scanner. The ZTE site specs match gsmarena. Although this phone was released a year ago, the specs are really two years old. It is pretty much like a one plus one with a snapdragon 801 CPU. However, only 2 gigs of ram and 32 gigs of internal storage. So, if you think a slightly lesser opo is worth $220, then this is a good deal. Personally, I don't think so. A quick google search of xda showed nothing for this phone. Two big strikes, I am out.

http://www.ztedevices.ca/products/smart ... /axon.html#
my error then I would pass the pro sounds decent for 219) but it looks not

the devidce is a snapdragon 810 same as Nexus 6p, identical gpu being adreno 430 current snap 820's come with adreno 530. the screen is qhd and the unit has 4GB of ram. the design along the top and bottom is just that a desiogn it is not speaker output. camera by reviews is decent not great and not bad. for the price , does not seem to bad based on reviews. having used an opo for 27 mths I could have continued to use it another year easy, thats pretty solid and its performance was still solid till i sold it a few weeks ago for opo3

software update would be my cohncern but then again overall user reviews are good and 4219 is pretty decent , has great headphones sound as well
http://www.androidauthority.com/zte-axo ... ew-628659/
Don't know how many different axon they have but somehow the one on sale at cc has snapdragon 801 and adreno 330 with only 2 gigs of ram and 1080 screen. Maybe the one you're referring to is a pro?
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Dec 23, 2005
244 posts
34 upvotes
Scarborough
Thank you OP and phone working fine with wind mobile.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
I RFD wrote:
superxxxstud wrote: I would also consider the REDMI NOTE 3. This is an older chipset. Redmi has 3gb, better processor, SD slot (this one doesnt have), larger battery, newer software ..
note 3 has sd650, is that not inferior to sd801 on the Axon?
Nope. Don't ask me why they number them as they do. SD650 better in every way thats why I don't know why anyone would buy the ZTE unless you dont trust the shipping process or you need it ASAP.
May 8, 2015
345 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The spec sheet on this are WAY worse than reviewed Axons.

Take a look at Androidauthority's review - http://www.androidauthority.com/zte-axo ... ew-628659/

It lists some key specs as: 4GB of Ram, Qualcomm SD 810, and 2560 x1440 resolution.

The specs on canada computer are: 2GB of Ram, Qualcomm SD 801, and 1980x1080 resolution. and a Krait processor.

Did anyone actually buy this and can look in the "About" settings on the phone to figure out if it's a mistake on canada computer's part?

Otherwise this deals is COLD because for that price one could easily snag a Redmi Note or something with better specs.
Dec 22, 2011
737 posts
1098 upvotes
So far my 4 Days Review is absolutely great.

I switched from OPO and I found it much better, Its very Premium when you hold in hands, it looks way way more expensive, Battery life is good and I found it almost the same as OPO. Camera is better and AXON have a dual lense camera with dual flash lights, It takes interesting images with Dual Lens Technology.

I still think its a great deal, those who are comparing it with Redmi Note or some other Chinese smartphone, THAT IS A GREAT GREAT HASSLE, order a redmi and forget the phone for 40-60 days, and so it the support, with this phone , simple go to CanadaComputer and come out with your phone ready to be used.

Also ZTE is present in Canada and offer 2 Years of support with passport.

and lastly its CAD $219 with taxes comes to $247, which is too good for such a decent phone, its a brand new phone.
:D
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1425 posts
107 upvotes
redalot wrote: So far my 4 Days Review is absolutely great.

I switched from OPO and I found it much better, Its very Premium when you hold in hands, it looks way way more expensive, Battery life is good and I found it almost the same as OPO. Camera is better and AXON have a dual lense camera with dual flash lights, It takes interesting images with Dual Lens Technology.

I still think its a great deal, those who are comparing it with Redmi Note or some other Chinese smartphone, THAT IS A GREAT GREAT HASSLE, order a redmi and forget the phone for 40-60 days, and so it the support, with this phone , simple go to CanadaComputer and come out with your phone ready to be used.

Also ZTE is present in Canada and offer 2 Years of support with passport.

and lastly its CAD $219 with taxes comes to $247, which is too good for such a decent phone, its a brand new phone.
Thanks! Gonna make the switch from OPO then.. Mine is dying!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1179 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
Why why why why are companies allergic to sd card slots?
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1318 posts
727 upvotes
EDMONTON
sgmtl wrote: Why why why why are companies allergic to sd card slots?
To reduce size & cost?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
delldeals8 wrote:
superxxxstud wrote: I would also consider the REDMI NOTE 3. This is an older chipset. Redmi has 3gb, better processor, SD slot (this one doesnt have), larger battery, newer software ..
Would it work with Wind mobile?
I believe other users have reported that it does in another thread. You might want to search the forums.
Dec 22, 2011
737 posts
1098 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote:
delldeals8 wrote:
Would it work with Wind mobile?

It works with WIND.. I am using it
I believe other users have reported that it does in another thread. You might want to search the forums.
Dec 22, 2011
737 posts
1098 upvotes
BlueLightSpecial wrote: How are the headphones and audio?
Very Good - i take it as a bonus, i mean who includes headphone now days?
May 11, 2008
7 posts
12 upvotes
Leask
Seems some confusion still here...
Phone is an Axon (as opposed to Axon Pro). A slightly dumbed down, but very capable version of their Axon Pro model.
Here's the exact specs of this model that is advertised at Canada computers:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7686&

The one here from can computers is a quad core 2.3, snapdragon801, 2gb ram, adreno 330. No SD expansion slot, one front firing speaker (loud enough).

Canada computers website doesn't list the Wind mobile bands (1700/1900/2100 aws) for some reason, but rest assured, this one from canada computers WORKS WITH WIND!

Real world , hands on review: bought for my wife who uses it on Wind for facebook/youtube/browsing/basic apps/taking pictures. She also games heavily on it with games like farmville, simpsons, family guy, angry birds, etc. She reports no lags at all, flawless operation, says the pictures turn out great. She came from a Nexus 4, which was also a totally capable device, and this Axon blows that one away.

Should you want a case for this, search ebay/amazon/aliexpress for a case for the AXON PRO, same phone in terms of its casing/buttons/cutouts.

Is there better phones? Absolutely! For us, life's too short for high end expensive phones that are "old spec" in 6 months, crying over broken screens or drops, no thanks. It's an honest phone... a disposable powerhouse for the price.
Dec 22, 2011
737 posts
1098 upvotes
johnnyzee wrote: Seems some confusion still here...
Phone is an Axon (as opposed to Axon Pro). A slightly dumbed down, but very capable version of their Axon Pro model.
Here's the exact specs of this model that is advertised at Canada computers:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7686&

The one here from can computers is a quad core 2.3, snapdragon801, 2gb ram, adreno 330. No SD expansion slot, one front firing speaker (loud enough).

Canada computers website doesn't list the Wind mobile bands (1700/1900/2100 aws) for some reason, but rest assured, this one from canada computers WORKS WITH WIND!

Real world , hands on review: bought for my wife who uses it on Wind for facebook/youtube/browsing/basic apps/taking pictures. She also games heavily on it with games like farmville, simpsons, family guy, angry birds, etc. She reports no lags at all, flawless operation, says the pictures turn out great. She came from a Nexus 4, which was also a totally capable device, and this Axon blows that one away.

Should you want a case for this, search ebay/amazon/aliexpress for a case for the AXON PRO, same phone in terms of its casing/buttons/cutouts.

Is there better phones? Absolutely! For us, life's too short for high end expensive phones that are "old spec" in 6 months, crying over broken screens or drops, no thanks. It's an honest phone... a disposable powerhouse for the price.
I 2nd your opinion. Honestly this phone do everything i want and it gives me high end feeling, and pricing didnt break my bank.
Banned
Oct 21, 2016
42 posts
5 upvotes
soccer29 wrote: damn, i kind of want to try this phone out.
Why don't you ? 200 bucks won't break the bank . Stop using the other phone, and keep that as a back up..and tsart using this one as your main phone.

Or alternate between the two.
May 20, 2009
59 posts
8 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Check this banner out. Image
This is really a good deal!!!! According to the CC website, the promotion last till Oct 27, 2016.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4646 posts
746 upvotes
How would this phone compare to, say, a Nexus 5x? Obviously it's much cheaper, but I'm wondering how big the gap is spec-wise.
Aug 27, 2006
202 posts
12 upvotes
Cambridge
Anyone using this phone on Public Mobile? I called CC and they gave me the IMEI on a phone and using the Public Mobile IMEI search tool it states this is an unknown phone/IMEI.
Don't wanna drop $250 and find out it won't work, which seems odd?! Thoughts?!

Thanks in advance.
May 3, 2007
40 posts
4 upvotes
Thought I'd mention that for anyone on Fido, you can get this phone for an extra $5 a month on a 2-year plan. Plus trade in your old phone for a $100 back.

My wife got this offer but ymmv.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)