• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2017 6:23 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 5, 2011
281 posts
96 upvotes
ellisd wrote: Heh fair enough.

Has your tracking number given you any info yet?
No, still nothing.
I've been updating the Purolator page every 5 minutes
May 29, 2006
497 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Both phone and headphone are coming from NJ. Still in packaging status and no info from Purolator tracking site. If I am lucky then it will be in by Friday. Most likely Monday/Tuesday next week.

The package weight 9lbs! 1.5lbs for the phone and 2.5lbs for the headphone. Are they sending me a brick or what?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
sc888888 wrote: Both phone and headphone are coming from NJ. Still in packaging status and no info from Purolator tracking site. If I am lucky then it will be in by Friday. Most likely Monday/Tuesday next week.

The package weight 9lbs! 1.5lbs for the phone and 2.5lbs for the headphone. Are they sending me a brick or what?
Maybe it's dimensional weight. Headphone boxes can be pretty big.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Aug 19, 2008
448 posts
359 upvotes
Mine says shipped with both items together and tracking # says item weight is 3lbs.
Jun 26, 2013
330 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
Really tempted to get the Axon 7! But I am unsure if I should get the Note 5 or this.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
scotsum wrote:
Winkle wrote:
vhl111 wrote: Anyone care to post their review here? I'm looking at this phone, Oneplus 3 or wait for Moto Z to be released? I know the moto z is going to cost about $900+. But it is an option for me.

How are you guys liking the phone so far?
Tons of reviews online and on Youtube, the consensus is basically the same. The A7 and OP3 are both really good phones that are very similar but with enough slight differences that it'll meet different needs.

If you want a phone with WQHD resolution display, two front speakers and the best audio quality of any phone in existence bar-none, then get the Axon 7. Also, it is the only phone on the market right now that is Daydream-certified so it should also be getting updated to Nougat (no ETA), so if you care about Google VR at all then the A7 is your only option right now.

If you want a phone with a better camera, more mature software and much better 1st and 3rd party software support, then get the OnePlus 3.

Beyond those differences, those two phones are pretty much the same.
pretty much correct except the OP3 isnt mSD expandable so if having the mSD is a must then the OP3 is out. also I'd like to add that the display on the A7 is indeed awesome. its very visible even in direct sunlight which is not something I can say for alot of my prior phones. besides a guaranteed nougat update, its also highly likely a stable version of CM13.x (or higher) will be available in the not too far future.
Yes, good point on expandable storage.

One thing, I wouldn't use the possible CM13 release as a selling point, it's extremely early in the works and a good, proper, stable and usable release is very far off in the distance if it will even happen. I learned my lesson when I bought the Xiaomi MiPad on the basis that there was a lot of developer support on getting a proper CM release for it but it never bore fruit. Fact is, the developer of these roms have to have support from the manufacturer to some degree (i.e. release of the hardware's source code) for their roms to be stable and successful. ZTE does not have a good historical track record on this, they did agree to unlock the bootloader on the A7 "sometime in the future" but won't give any estimates or date on when it'll happen, and they also said that unlocking the A7 bootloader will void its warranty. That's not to say none of that will happen, but I think it's important for folks understand the caveats behind any potential release of stable 3rd party roms for the A7.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Winkle wrote:
scotsum wrote:
Winkle wrote:

Tons of reviews online and on Youtube, the consensus is basically the same. The A7 and OP3 are both really good phones that are very similar but with enough slight differences that it'll meet different needs.

If you want a phone with WQHD resolution display, two front speakers and the best audio quality of any phone in existence bar-none, then get the Axon 7. Also, it is the only phone on the market right now that is Daydream-certified so it should also be getting updated to Nougat (no ETA), so if you care about Google VR at all then the A7 is your only option right now.

If you want a phone with a better camera, more mature software and much better 1st and 3rd party software support, then get the OnePlus 3.

pretty much correct except the OP3 isnt mSD expandable so if having the mSD is a must then the OP3 is out. also I'd like to add that the display on the A7 is indeed awesome. its very visible even in direct sunlight which is not something I can say for alot of my prior phones. besides a guaranteed nougat update, its also highly likely a stable version of CM13.x (or higher) will be available in the not too far future.

One thing, I wouldn't use the possible CM13 release as a selling point, it's extremely early in the works and a good, proper, stable and usable release is very far off in the distance if it will even happen. I learned my lesson when I bought the Xiaomi MiPad on the basis that there was a lot of developer support on getting a proper CM release for it but it never bore fruit. Fact is, the developer of these roms have to have support from the manufacturer to some degree (i.e. release of the hardware's source code) for their roms to be stable and successful. ZTE does not have a good historical track record on this, they did agree to unlock the bootloader on the A7 "sometime in the future" but won't give any estimates or date on when it'll happen, and they also said that unlocking the A7 bootloader will void its warranty. That's not to say none of that will happen, but I think it's important for folks understand the caveats behind any potential release of stable 3rd party roms for the A7.
It's a good point about third party ROMs. It take a long time for any to be daily drivers if they ever get that good at all.

I remember in the old WinCE days, I tried a number of ROMs on my HTC Titan & Tilt and they were all pretty much stable enough to use regularly. Now, whether it's because of the wider assortment of hardware or the complexities of the software, only a few work out.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1860 posts
890 upvotes
Newegg tracking is not very reliable, sometimes they mix up the carriers used. Mine is supposedly coming from Etobicoke shipped through Purolator and is 9 lbs. It still only shows as Shipping Label created though.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
Winkle wrote:
scotsum wrote:
Winkle wrote:

no doubt that ppl shouldnt buy any phone based on potential vaporware. that said, there's already development on root & bootloader unlock without applying to zte for official BL unlock (hence not voiding the very generous 2yr warranty). CM13.x is already working in beta (no cam or audio as yet) so I have confidence we'll see an official stable CM rom in the future.

so far, though not without its quirks, I do find zte's mifavor very usable so I'm contended which is not to say I dont want better ofcos. now that I've tasted nougat on my nexus9, I cant wait for it to arrive on the A7. the split screen multitasking feature is very nice indeed.
Jun 4, 2011
22 posts
4 upvotes
What color of the bonus headphone you get, I got the white one
Aug 19, 2008
448 posts
359 upvotes
jimmy7788 wrote: What color of the bonus headphone you get, I got the white one
Gray phone w/ Black headphones.
Dec 26, 2015
881 posts
736 upvotes
Manitoba
Looks like both of mine have shipped out. One tracking# says Friday end of day, other says Monday. Really hope the friday one is for the phone itself. Can't possibly take that long to get from Mississauga to Winnipeg I imagine
Aug 19, 2008
448 posts
359 upvotes
WTH, shipping label created on the 12th and item arrived in Toronto on the 13th? ETA 14th ^-^
Apr 22, 2014
873 posts
482 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Lucky that you guys have a depot so close. Purolator still has "No information available" for me coming from Cali.
Aug 19, 2008
448 posts
359 upvotes
Okay, my phone arrived but it does not come with my headphone. Second shipment is 5 kg so if your package is around 9 kg then they are together. Crossed my finger to hope my first package was the phone. Would have been so disappointed if it was the headphones first lol.
Mar 31, 2005
477 posts
23 upvotes
+1, mine is also coming from Etobicoke, and the package is 26 lbs. Yes, TWENTY SIX. Maybe my phone comes with a free bag of cement or a bag of potatoes.

On a side note, has anyone been able to find a curved glass protector for this phone? I was going to check out Pacific Mall, but I just want to check with you guys first.
stillmatic11 wrote: Newegg tracking is not very reliable, sometimes they mix up the carriers used. Mine is supposedly coming from Etobicoke shipped through Purolator and is 9 lbs. It still only shows as Shipping Label created though.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
avx wrote: +1, mine is also coming from Etobicoke, and the package is 26 lbs. Yes, TWENTY SIX. Maybe my phone comes with a free bag of cement or a bag of potatoes.

On a side note, has anyone been able to find a curved glass protector for this phone? I was going to check out Pacific Mall, but I just want to check with you guys first.
stillmatic11 wrote: Newegg tracking is not very reliable, sometimes they mix up the carriers used. Mine is supposedly coming from Etobicoke shipped through Purolator and is 9 lbs. It still only shows as Shipping Label created though.
Or maybe someone thought "1" meant one carton of 12.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
May 29, 2006
497 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
avx wrote: +1, mine is also coming from Etobicoke, and the package is 26 lbs. Yes, TWENTY SIX. Maybe my phone comes with a free bag of cement or a bag of potatoes.

My order is still in "Packaging" status. Can't find the entry in Purolator as well.

Let me know if you have found a curved glass protector.
Apr 22, 2014
873 posts
482 upvotes
Calgary, AB
sc888888 wrote:

My order is still in "Packaging" status. Can't find the entry in Purolator as well.

Let me know if you have found a curved glass protector.
Yea cnat find either in purolator but on the newegg site it does say one package is due for today which I find hard to believe as the last update was last night around 6pm from an unknown locationhaha

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)