• Nov 22nd, 2016 3:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
Just a note. I ordered these screen protectors from Aliexpress and they arrived a while back. After two weeks of use, I can give them a big thumbs up. As good as the screen protector that came on my older Samsung S3. Perfect fit and you can't beat the price. Nice and slick surface.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-Ult ... 75150.html
Jan 29, 2016
2 posts
Hamilton, ON
It's great to know that the Galaxy Grand prime cases work! I remember looking at the specs for it once and it said that the Samsung is thinner than the z850. If the difference isn't enough to affect the fit, that's perfect!
Jan 29, 2016
2 posts
Hamilton, ON
I bought my z850 at the end of last year and also hit the brick wall of trying to find a case. Challenge accepted.

I spent a (slightly silly) amount of time digging around and came up with a few options before I actually found listings for fitted z850 cases on ebay. $10 for a completely plain case and $14 for a plain wallet case is more than average, but if you just want something that fits with no modifications, it looks like it'd work. Soft Silicone case cover for ZTE Grand X Plus / ZTE Grand X 2 Z850 and [url=http://]'http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Flip-pu-leather-case-cover-for-ZTE-Grand-X-Plus-ZTE-Grand-X-2/131878392867] Flip pu leather case cover for ZTE Grand X Plus / ZTE Grand X 2[/url]

These listings appear after I'd tried out cases for other models, of course.

I'd been worried that a case for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime would be too slim, so I found the exact dimensions for the z850 and had a look for similar phones. Here are the closest models I've found (and tried cases for three of them. Cheaply!)

So the ZTE z850 is listed as 145 x 72.8 x 9.3mm. A lot of models have similar height/width but with vastly different thicknesses. Because why not.

The ZTE Blade a-460 is the closest so far, at 145.5 x 72.8 x 9.4mm. I bought a decent silicone case for it on ebay for something like $5 and the fit is perfect.
Camera, power button and charger port are all in the right places, but volume and 3.5mm jack needed expanding.
I drilled some holes for the flash, light sensor, and microphone, and made a slot for the back speaker. it was an excellent opportunity to get in some practice with my Dremel, which was fun all on its own.

If you like cheesy (but nicely done) fantasy/fairy tale/romance paintings of heroines, then do a search on Amazon for Elena Dudina ZTE Blade a460. ;)

The Blu Studio C 5.0 is 145.0 x 73.0 x 9.7mm. I bought this as a flip wallet case on Amazon, and it's a great fit and I quite like it, but you can see the phone is a tiny bit thinner (hence my worry about the Samsung case.)

Wiko Rainbow was a little on the thick side, (146.0 x 74.0 x 9.3mm) but i found a case that actually had a design on it and it was a whole $2.18, so why not. Nope, too big. The phone fits in, but not securely.

The Blu Dash X2 (145 x 73.1 x 9.7 mm) and the Wiko Lenny 3 (145.0 x 73.1 x 9.9) I haven't tried, but will if I find something interesting/cheap and maybe with properly placed openings.

So there you have it! More widely distributed phones have a better selection of options for cases, so if you're in the mood to do some treasure hunting, you might find it more fun than just using the universal wallet sticky tape options.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
i have a strange problem with my Z850. i have it, unlocked and it works with my Petro Canada (Rogers) SIM, though its a little slow to pick it up on bootup, but when i put my TBay Tel SIM (for data, also Rogers) in it doesn't work, says TBay Tel on bottom of screen, and when checking settings it says registered, but nothing, won't connect. tried changing settings manually, and on auto, TBay is listed but i can't get it to connect. i installed the SIM into my Lumia 640 Windows phone and it automatically connected. wondering if this is a problem with this phone.
Nov 20, 2016
121 posts
138 upvotes
Hi everyone. I see this phone is on sale at PC Mobile again, this time at $104.

I am torn between this, the Moto G4 Play for $149, and the Huawei Y6. Can anyone give me their opinions on which one would be best? The person I'm getting this for will only be using it for infrequent calls, camera, YouTube/video watching, and WeChat/Whatsapp. Good battery life is a must.

I was pretty set on the Moto G4 Play but the camera seems really bad. Disappointed But Relieved Face I figure if the ZTE has a better camera, might as well save almost $50 and go with that.

From reviews here and elsewhere online it seems the vast majority who had the ZTE really liked it. For those of you who have been using the ZTE for a while now, do you all still like it? Is it still performing well?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6494 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
The ZTE Grand X4 will be released soon and it will also be compatible with Band 66 for Wind customers.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1518 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Local Provigo had this for $25, but no more stock. Check your local store!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)