Shopping Discussion

Zwee.com: 40GB PS3 for $197 (US, I'm assuming)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2010 8:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1232 posts
233 upvotes
ishagi wrote:
Jul 1st, 2009 6:27 pm
The Zwee team ... looks photoshopped. :)

[IMG]http://www.zwee.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... e-team.jpg[/IMG]
LOL! charlene and sophie look really photoshopped. looks literally pasted on. only bill and suzy look like they were actually in the photo from the lighting on their faces...but anyways this seems really fishy guys...
"Portfolios are like a bar of soap. The more you touch it the smaller it gets" - Preet Banerjee
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1743 posts
264 upvotes
Montreal
It's 100% legit, altought you will never get a product.

Look carefully, nice page, and products, nice price, reviews and all and what do you see, ebay comparison and link to buy elsewhere.

It's a front for referal buy, as simple as that. They bring you on there website for let's say that d300, you want to buy, it don't get thru, you check the referal link which are at a similar price, you press on it, you buy that one and they do money.

Very simple, nice idea.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2438 posts
51 upvotes
WildParadise wrote:
Jul 1st, 2009 8:00 pm

Look carefully, nice page, and products, nice price, reviews and all and what do you see, ebay comparison and link to buy elsewhere.

It's a front for referal buy, as simple as that. They bring you on there website for let's say that d300, you want to buy, it don't get thru, you check the referal link which are at a similar price, you press on it, you buy that one and they do money.

Very simple, nice idea.
..What?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1544 posts
69 upvotes
WildParadise wrote:
Jul 1st, 2009 8:00 pm

Very simple, nice idea.
wtf?
Sep 30, 2008
7 posts
kelvin wrote:
Jul 1st, 2009 9:09 pm
wtf?
I think what he means is that they are not trying to sell you anything, they just attract you with incredible low prices... and you end up buying products in other pages but going throught his page what gives them some money.... in other words if you try to buy something, it wont let you do it, so perhaps you go to one of the pages they advertise and buy there....
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3130 posts
113 upvotes
Mississauga
nuberific wrote:
Jul 1st, 2009 9:03 pm
..What?
I think that poster hit the beer fridge a little too hard today - literally.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4368 posts
1264 upvotes
If it's too good to be true, it probably is!

The site looks like a blog. I'd steer clear from these chaps.

Signs that it's a fraud:
Prices are 'too' cheap across the board
Contact us page doesn't give any physical address.
Fake photo of the 'staff'
Website is not a standard shopping website
The video reviews aren't from Zwee but from TigerTV
They have more reviews than actual specs of the products
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2354 posts
1095 upvotes
Ontario
ECBomb wrote:
Jul 1st, 2009 7:14 pm
LOL! charlene and sophie look really photoshopped. looks literally pasted on. only bill and suzy look like they were actually in the photo from the lighting on their faces...but anyways this seems really fishy guys...
I'd trust these three more that the Zwee team. :)

[IMG]http://dailybail.com/storage/three_stooges.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2505 posts
143 upvotes
sassysue wrote:
Jul 1st, 2009 6:08 pm
Whois info

Domain ZWEE.COM [ Traceroute RBL/DNSBL lookup ]
Registrar FABULOUS.COM PTY LTD.
Registrar URL http://www.fabulous.com
Whois server whois.fabulous.com
Created 05-May-1998
Updated 17-Jun-2009
Expires 04-May-2010
Time Left 306 days 1 hours 45 minutes
Status clientDeleteProhibited clientTransferProhibited
DNS servers DNS1.STABLETRANSIT.COM 69.20.72.211
DNS2.STABLETRANSIT.COM 65.61.166.102

seems very legit if they were not u would see bad things about them
Here is the proper whois:

Domain zwee.com:
Zwee LTD
127 Santa Cruz Ave
San Diego, CA 92107 US

Administrative contact:
Technical contact:
Billing contact:
Zwee LTD
Sarah Brannigan
sales@zwee.com
127 Santa Cruz Ave
San Diego, CA 92107 US
Phone: +619.541926

1. So why is the phone number the wrong number of digits for the US?
2. According to Google Maps street view..there is NO 127 Santa Cruz Ave...it is also a residential street not commercial: LINKY TO MAPS
3. A search of the Yellow Pages for San Diego reveals no listing for Zwee Ltd
4. Why have the whois records been altered 20+ times in 2009 alone?

SKIP IT.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1026 posts
35 upvotes
Do you suppose to be able to get your fund charged back if you never recevied your order?
Jul 31, 2004
794 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
Here's the obvious one that proves it's not true. They claim to be selling the unlocked iPhone 3G for $249. It's a scam site, plain and simple.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1743 posts
264 upvotes
Montreal
it's simple look at it http://www.zwee.com/game-consoles/cheap-ps3/

they say: [QUOTE]Compare to Our Competitors:[/QUOTE]

and these competitors are cheaper so you click on it and then, if you buy it on ebay they get a percentage on the sale.

https://publisher.ebaypartnernetwork.co ... Works.html
same for amazon
https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp ... /main.html

and others.. so they don't sell anything they refer you to selling product and make a commission if you click and buy.
Jun 3, 2009
476 posts
32 upvotes
As bizarre as WildParadise's theory sounds, I believe he is correct. I searched and found various complaints about people being unable to purchase the items. They would receive and email stating that the stock is out, or something along those lines. What he said really makes sense, considering the auctions and ads on the site. Why else would they be there?
Jan 4, 2010
1 posts
I recently bought Uncharted 2 Among Theives for $20 free shipping and everything. They didn't send me any info like tracking number or confirm shipping or payment or anything. I paid through PayPal 8-9 weeks ago. I still havn't got the item yet. I ended up calling my bank (TD Canada Trust) and they contacted paypal and PayPal returned my payment within about 3 days. I'm telling you now and i'm telling the truth, DO NOT BUY FROM ZWEE, If you don't belive me buy something very cheap for there your self. I have proof of payment sent to Sales@zwee.com Which was stated on my PayPal. I also opened a case on PayPal but zwee staff didn't reply back to it. Hope this helps people outthere.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4350 posts
599 upvotes
ECBomb wrote:
Jul 1st, 2009 7:14 pm
How is Charlene's arm that long?