Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zwilling J.A. Henckels

Deal dead: LAVA HOT!!! Miyabi/Zwilling/Demeyere/Staub/Kramer 50% OFF!!! Aug 20

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2017 10:00 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered on the 15th, didnt get anything yet
Sep 30, 2010
442 posts
157 upvotes
Markham
superfresh89 wrote: Let us know. As far as I know, they haven't processed ANY of the orders made on the 17th yet. Guess they haven't gotten to some of the earlier orders too.
Just called in and they said it was shipped and will arrive tomorrow =)

No change in the status on Zwilling though.
Mar 21, 2003
893 posts
31 upvotes
Anyone know anything about the warranty on Miyabi knives?
Treat yourself, nobody else will.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
BluEL wrote: Anyone know anything about the warranty on Miyabi knives?
Limited Lifetime with the usual caveats, similar to Zwilling Twin.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2006
1184 posts
805 upvotes
siulongluiy wrote: Just called in and they said it was shipped and will arrive tomorrow =)

No change in the status on Zwilling though.

Ordered on August 15, 2017 and Status is under Processing ...
called them in the afternoon and the ETA will be another week on top...
i was like ...what's going on....

Sep 30, 2010
442 posts
157 upvotes
Markham
skyngai wrote: Ordered on August 15, 2017 and Status is under Processing ...
called them in the afternoon and the ETA will be another week on top...
i was like ...what's going on....

Where are you located?! I'm like 10 mins from their warehouse - maybe that is making a difference?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1772 posts
484 upvotes
Montreal
which is better for a miyabi knife, a larch wood board or the hinoki board that someone mentioned?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Friend called as well and we live within the vicinity if their warehouse, said another week on top as well...
Aug 21, 2011
296 posts
63 upvotes
I just phoned in this morning and asked about my first of 6 orders (that was on the 15th), she said to me all paypal orders were delayed and they had to pull them manually. Not sure if it's true or not, just to answer I was given. The eta was unclear due to that, but obviously not quick.
Sep 26, 2016
152 posts
142 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
Same here, they said paypal transactions are stuck, no ETA, probably will be another week or two
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
Having buyers remorse. If anyone wants the Kramer Meiji Santoku at cost, come pick it up. Also have a Kramer Euroline Damascus Santoku on route available when it arrives. Otherwise I will return them down the street.

Pickup by McNicoll and VP.
Jul 10, 2007
457 posts
340 upvotes
I can only imagine how messed up things are over there, thanks to their useless website... imagine the poor customer service folk who have to go through each order, figure out which extra items were added by their broken website, manually remove them and fix that up, deal with PayPal etc. I'm surprised anyone received their order so quickly! I'll just be happy if it arrives at all...
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote: theres both, the chainmail ones are for shucking oysters
So people don't normally use chainmail for cutting meat right? They use cut resistant cloth gloves? Do you wear a rubber glove on top of the cut resistant glove? Otherwise it would get nasty (it's cloth afterall)
Dec 27, 2009
530 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: So people don't normally use chainmail for cutting meat right? They use cut resistant cloth gloves? Do you wear a rubber glove on top of the cut resistant glove? Otherwise it would get nasty (it's cloth afterall)
I don't think most people wear gloves when cutting. The loss of dexterity would be an issue, especially if cuts need to be precise. If I were you I'd invest that expense in a knife skills course instead.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
The English Hacker wrote: I don't think most people wear gloves when cutting. The loss of dexterity would be an issue, especially if cuts need to be precise. If I were you I'd invest that expense in a knife skills course instead.
hmm a $15 glove to practice worry-free about cutting oneself vs $160 course at george brown that requires a pre-requisite... not a very practical suggestion, not to mention the time and location inconvenience
fightbriz wrote: So people don't normally use chainmail for cutting meat right? They use cut resistant cloth gloves? Do you wear a rubber glove on top of the cut resistant glove? Otherwise it would get nasty (it's cloth afterall)
I don't think so, neither does one wear rubber on top of the cloth gloves. just wash everything after you are done. watch some videos on how they dispatch a fugu fish, just one cloth glove
May 28, 2013
730 posts
642 upvotes
Laval, QC
My first order (August 17, 2:39am) paid with Paypal received today in Montreal via Canpar.
My 2th order (August 17, 5:22pm) paid with Paypal still Processing...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7846 posts
8794 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: hmm a $15 glove to practice worry-free about cutting oneself vs $160 course at george brown that requires a pre-requisite... not a very practical suggestion, not to mention the time and location inconvenience

I don't think so, neither does one wear rubber on top of the cloth gloves. just wash everything after you are done. watch some videos on how they dispatch a fugu fish, just one cloth glove
Many kitchen specialty stores will offer a 2 hour knife skills workshop for around $50-$60. They'll give you an overview of Japanese knives, show you some basic knife skills, and sharpening on a waterstones. Need to bring your own knives and stones though.
Sep 26, 2012
138 posts
47 upvotes
BC
Received my second order placed on August 17 however I am still waiting for my first order placed on August 15...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)