8023 posts
1540 upvotes

[Costco] $1,699.99 Yardistry Cedar Gazebo 12 ft. × 10 ft. with Aluminum Roof

Yardistry Cedar Gazebo 12 ft. × 10 ft. with Aluminium Roof

Features:
100% FSC certified wood
Pre-cut, pre-drilled and pre-stained
Hardware included for assembly

These things go fast, it was $1729 last week. IMO these are much better than the Sojag ones.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
90 replies
Mar 17, 2015
8 posts
6 upvotes
Marysville
I am waiting for the 12X14 pavillion. Yardistry has told me it would be available sometime over the next couple of weeks. Have been checking daily.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2484 posts
1191 upvotes
I got the 11x13 at home depot for 2k plus tax. Actually works out to less $/sq ft. and fits my patio better.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3429 posts
5104 upvotes
Langley, BC
what's so good about these compared to the sojag 10x12?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2484 posts
1191 upvotes
steven80 wrote: what's so good about these compared to the sojag 10x12?
Cedar framing vs cheap metal. From what I've read, you can't even buy cedar wood and build the yardistry gazebo for this price. As well, the reviews of the yardistry gazebos are stellar. If you're looking for a cheap 1-2 season gazebo, this is probably not for you.
Aug 20, 2018
192 posts
162 upvotes
steven80 wrote: what's so good about these compared to the sojag 10x12?
Reviews seem pretty good for both, and the Sojag comes with the mosquito net that we definitely need ($300+tax), while being $300 cheaper. I couldn’t justify the $600+ difference so I went with the Sojag – especially as we won’t take it with us to our next home in a few years.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3429 posts
5104 upvotes
Langley, BC
tim-x wrote: Cedar framing vs cheap metal. From what I've read, you can't even buy cedar wood and build the yardistry gazebo for this price. As well, the reviews of the yardistry gazebos are stellar. If you're looking for a cheap 1-2 season gazebo, this is probably not for you.
there's 2 reviews on the yardistry though...

im about to buy the sojag on monday for 1199, but may consider this one now.. hmmm
Feb 4, 2004
263 posts
29 upvotes
These are great. Bought one last time as my buddy has one. Came like 4 days later. Now I just have to assemble it which will be fun since inviting buddies over and paying in beer is apparently frowned upon in Ontario Winking Face
Mox

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or lose, its how drunk you get."
H. Simpson

My Ebay Rating
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1431 posts
749 upvotes
Hamilton
I was looking for a sale but the last one on sale with a larger foot print sold pretty quick. Regular price but still can be considered.
Ordered a pergola from HD a week ago. I would cancel it to get this if it was on sale.
Nov 12, 2017
43 posts
73 upvotes
Maybe a stupid question, sorry in advance. Do you have to treat it yearly like a wood patio?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1419 posts
72 upvotes
would you have to anchor this down? Or is the weight of it alone enough to keep it from blowing over or moving?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2484 posts
1191 upvotes
chaineym wrote: Maybe a stupid question, sorry in advance. Do you have to treat it yearly like a wood patio?
The manufacturer says it's stained. You may want to do waterproofing every year on your own though.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2484 posts
1191 upvotes
phillbert wrote: would you have to anchor this down? Or is the weight of it alone enough to keep it from blowing over or moving?
Definitely needs to be anchored.
May 27, 2016
361 posts
58 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
phillbert wrote: would you have to anchor this down? Or is the weight of it alone enough to keep it from blowing over or moving?
Anchoring it down will not only extend the life of the gazebo due to distribution of forces, it provides peace of mind knowing it won't topple over in higher winds or snow buildup from lack of shedding.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1431 posts
749 upvotes
Hamilton
YasirAli wrote: Well he posted 10 minutes before the other thread. So the other thread is the duplicated one
Thanks for the info. I'm not questioning who is first, just advising about a duplicate thread.
MOD will merge them I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2484 posts
1191 upvotes
Not to mention if it blows over and damages your neighbour's house then you're liable.
Jan 25, 2013
162 posts
111 upvotes
Whitby
I bought this last week when it was in stock for $1729.99. Delivered on Sunday.
Thanks for posting OP, I just put in a price adjustment request for the difference.
Hope to pour the footings this weekend.

Definitely needs anchoring down and not to just pavers. I am going to lift the pavers and dig out and put sonotubes.
If you don't anchor it, the wind will make it a big sail even at this weight.