Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
just applied for my 2nd card. 1st card still has a ~10,000 balance which i will pay off when due. and hopefully i can transfer the credit from the 1st card to the 2nd one.

i called 1-877-428-6060 used BODX and they gave me 12months of 0%.

hope this works, anyone else have luck doing it this way?
Feb 23, 2008
35 posts
13 upvotes
For those ppl didn't get BT fees waived, I think the CSR realized if their company couldn't make profits from the BT fees, they are gonna be layoff, LOL
Feb 4, 2007
931 posts
7 upvotes
rumcoke wrote: For those ppl didn't get BT fees waived, I think the CSR realized if their company couldn't make profits from the BT fees, they are gonna be layoff, LOL
How is this remotely useful to this thread?!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2006
1202 posts
149 upvotes
If they let you do that, I'll be amazed.
akyyyy wrote: just applied for my 2nd card. 1st card still has a ~10,000 balance which i will pay off when due. and hopefully i can transfer the credit from the 1st card to the 2nd one.

Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
when they asked if i had any other cc's, i told them yes an mbna one. all they said was thx for doing business with us.

and the only reason i tried was because another member said that's what he did with success

if this isnt the best way, what is the best way to get another 0% BT Card.
Mar 14, 2006
100 posts
2 upvotes
akyyyy wrote: when they asked if i had any other cc's, i told them yes an mbna one. all they said was thx for doing business with us.

and the only reason i tried was because another member said that's what he did with success

if this isnt the best way, what is the best way to get another 0% BT Card.
I would think, paying off the other balance first?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1020 posts
267 upvotes
i got a deal for this one: 3.99% on balance transfer
but the rate is 11% as opposite to 18 or 19%....
is this a good one?
Feb 4, 2007
931 posts
7 upvotes
ovovov wrote: i got a deal for this one: 3.99% on balance transfer
but the rate is 11% as opposite to 18 or 19%....
is this a good one?
The 3.99% for life has a regular interest rate of 17.99% purchases and 19.99 cash advances.

Your 3.99% on an 11% rate is for a limited time only. Check your statements to see when that promo ends. MBNA regularly sends promos along with checks to entice you to do a BT to their products.
Feb 4, 2007
931 posts
7 upvotes
akyyyy wrote: just applied for my 2nd card. 1st card still has a ~10,000 balance which i will pay off when due. and hopefully i can transfer the credit from the 1st card to the 2nd one.

You can transfer the available credit to the new card. You can't transfer the balance from one MBNA card to another. If you want the extra credit, then you must pay off the first card then transfer the available credit to the new card.
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
onces the first one is due, i will pay it off from my own money, then activate the 2nd one and transfer the avail credit (which will be 10k) to the new one.
Jan 1, 2009
185 posts
19 upvotes
Just completed my balance transfer for my new CITI mastercard. You'll all love this one. I asked if there was something that could be done for the balance transfer fee. He said no, with the promotional cards, they couldn't do that...let me check what fee applies to your card....

Oh, you have a 0 transfer fee. :lol: So I transfered the full credit limit amount, right to the last cent.

One really interesting note on these card. It's really...really not a good idea to buy regular purchases on these cards when you have a balance transfer. The payment that you make will always be applied to the balance transfer amount until it is completely paid off.

For example, if you go $5000 on the card from a balance transfer and you go out for dinner and charge it on the card for $50. When your bill comes , you would think that you would pay the 2.1% of the balance transfer $105 + $50 to pay of the purchases for that month. CAREFUL!! This is not the case, the $155 dollars will be applied to the balance transfer and you will start to incur 19.99% interest on all the purchases you make. Only once the balance transfer is paid off completely can you pay off the purchases. That alot of interest and defeats the whole purpose.

Maybe you all knew this, but this was news for me as I never did a balance transfer before.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I couldn't get them to increase my credit limit due to the cancellation of the CITI Home Depot card. But, they told me that I could reassess in 6 months and that another balance transfers could be done at 0% at any time during the 12 month promotional period.
Mar 31, 2008
830 posts
555 upvotes
Edmonton
mcshame wrote: JOne really interesting note on these card. It's really...really not a good idea to buy regular purchases on these cards when you have a balance transfer. The payment that you make will always be applied to the balance transfer amount until it is completely paid off. ...and you will start to incur 19.99% interest on all the purchases you make. Only once the balance transfer is paid off completely can you pay off the purchases. That alot of interest and defeats the whole purpose.
That's one of the things you must do to make the balance transfer worth while.

1) Don't make any purchases after the BT and
2) Make the monthly payment on time.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
i just received my citi card today (they approved me..yay!), and was told that the 0% promo isnt activated on my card yet and i got to wait till next week, is it the same case with u guys?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13461 posts
4619 upvotes
GTA
mcshame wrote:
Oh, you have a 0 transfer fee. :lol: So I transfered the full credit limit amount, right to the last cent.

You lucky swine :)
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12139 posts
2759 upvotes
Guelph
I have an MBNA mastercard that use to be the ebay one. I need 0% interest because my employer is having problems with their payroll and the employees wont be paid until the end of February. :(

What link do I go to to get 0% interest? I only need it for a month or two, but I might as well get it for longer if I can. TIA!!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Jan 1, 2009
185 posts
19 upvotes
squall458 wrote: I have an MBNA mastercard that use to be the ebay one. I need 0% interest because my employer is having problems with their payroll and the employees wont be paid until the end of February. :(

What link do I go to to get 0% interest? I only need it for a month or two, but I might as well get it for longer if I can. TIA!!

This link will get you a CITI 0% until April 2009 (unless you insist strongly that you want them to fix it and make 0% for 12 months). It sounds like April 2009 is just what you are looking for.

https://www.citibank.com/canada/cards/a ... s_code=V8G
Jan 1, 2009
185 posts
19 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: i just received my citi card today (they approved me..yay!), and was told that the 0% promo isnt activated on my card yet and i got to wait till next week, is it the same case with u guys?
They told me the same thing (I called on a Sat or Sun to activate the card). However, they also told me it was only good until April 2009.

I called back on Monday morning, told her that I was under the understanding that the card was 0% for 12 months. She put me on hold, spoke to a manager who activated the code to get the 0% for 12 months. Added bonus, as mentioned, was the $0 transfer fee.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
mcshame wrote: They told me the same thing (I called on a Sat or Sun to activate the card). However, they also told me it was only good until April 2009.

I called back on Monday morning, told her that I was under the understanding that the card was 0% for 12 months. She put me on hold, spoke to a manager who activated the code to get the 0% for 12 months. Added bonus, as mentioned, was the $0 transfer fee.
i see, i was told it was 12 months so i dont need to worry. But its sorta stupid having to wait for the promo to "activate". Thanks for letting me know that its not just me...i doubt i will get the $0 transfer fee thou, oh well.
Apr 28, 2006
121 posts
the mbna 0% 1-866-544-4104 number does not seem to be valid anymore, does any one know what should i be doing, to apply for a new 0% interest rate car.
thank you
Jan 23, 2009
53 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey guys. Just registered but being using these forums for couple of years now. I need a little help/advice.

I'm couple of years out of university. I have no debt and have about $40K saved up. However certain relative (mom) has about $25-30K in credit card debt. She is probably paying 10-19% on these credit cards which are all from different institutions.

Basically what I would like to do is get one of these credit cards and transfer as much of the her debt into it. This way she is saving at least 10% for 1 year. She makes all the payments and rarely misses it so it wont be problem paying the minimum payments. How will this work? I have no idea how these works so I need help in logistics.

1) Will they let me transfer the amounts from all different institutions which are not in my name?

2) What is the difference between cash advance and credit transfer? Say they approve 15K, couldn't I just transfer a cash amount to her bank so she can pay off the individual credit cards? How much does that differ (in terms of $$) then a credit card transfer?

3) How much line of credit could I get? I've only had 1 other credit card for 5000 credit with no balance. I've being making $60K for last couple of years with no payments (no car, credit cards, etc). Have no bad credit history (never missed payment, etc).

I know some people will have concern in taking somebodies else debt, but I'm fully aware of that. I've basically made my mind I'm basically going to pay for all her debt because she incurred it raising me (plus 3 other kids). Am just not fully prepared to spend almost all my savings to do it now in these times plus if I wait a year she would've made some dent into and possibly sharing the payment with couple of my other siblings when the year is done.

Looking forward to your advice!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)