Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

1 Day Only Free Shipping on All Items (Cyber Monday Nov 28, 2022)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2022 2:39 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
7364 posts
4426 upvotes

[Sport Chek] 1 Day Only Free Shipping on All Items (Cyber Monday Nov 28, 2022)

Take advantage of the free shipping for 1 day only.

Don't forget to subscribe to get 10% off code on your orders.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5256 posts
7744 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Cyber Monday - 1 Day Only! November 28, 2022 Free Shipping Available†

Free shipping offer applies to ALL Orders.
Free shipping credit will be shown on order summary if applied.
A maximum credit towards shipping cost of $250 will be applied during checkout.
Customer will be charged the balance of shipping costs above $250.

†Qualifying amount may change. Order must be completed by November 29, 2022 1:59 AM ET. The free shipping credit applies to the shopping cart on all orders. This free shipping credit offer applies to select items for delivery by standard shipping only. Offer is not applicable towards the shipping costs for returned items or towards the purchase of online gift cards. Offer is not valid on previous purchases. Offer valid only while supplies last and not applicable to cancelled orders due to out-of-stock merchandise.
Jr. Member
Aug 21, 2022
185 posts
288 upvotes
I don't know what sportchek is doing with their clearance section but like 90% of the stuff I click on is "for in store pickup only" (wow what a complete 180 from the covid days) and all the stores in my area are almost always out of stock everytime. I know before, they would do this "item is only for in store pickup" when a shoe would be like 20$, or a clothing was like $5 or less. But now they are doing it on shoes that are still $80+?! Shoes I prob wouldn't even order if I could have them shipped to me. And shirts that are still $15+? What is going on over there??? I used to buy alot from them but now it feels like a waste of time browsing their inventory.
Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2021
265 posts
741 upvotes
Neverland
Let me save you the trouble of scrolling down their clearance section
*its in-store pick up only*
Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents in? Somebody’s making a penny.

—Steven Wright
Jr. Member
Aug 21, 2022
185 posts
288 upvotes
Zenitsu99 wrote: Let me save you the trouble of scrolling down their clearance section
*its in-store pick up only*
And all the stores are OOS. Wat a bozo company. It's insulting that they think "free shipping" is a cyber monday promo.

"Hey guys for one day only we are offering free shipping, but anything we are selling that's competitively priced is only available for in store pickup."

I might never shop there again, this is absurd.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2005
2005 posts
1152 upvotes
You can pretty much get free shipping any day. Just order 2 or more items to get over the shipping threshold and return the items instore that dont fit. Downside is you still have to go to a store at some point but normally I order 2 sizes anyway to see which fits best.
Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2021
265 posts
741 upvotes
Neverland
RAINMAN0 wrote: You can pretty much get free shipping any day. Just order 2 or more items to get over the shipping threshold and return the items instore that dont fit. Downside is you still have to go to a store at some point but normally I order 2 sizes anyway to see which fits best.
Have you seen the Gas Prices lately? lol, No way I'm gonna waste my time and gas $ just to return something in-store.
Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents in? Somebody’s making a penny.

—Steven Wright
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 29, 2005
671 posts
53 upvotes
Sport Chek Cyber Monday Deal is... "Free Shipping"?

Disappointing.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5885 posts
2277 upvotes
Kanata
You guys expect too much from a company owned by Canadian Tire. I'm surprised there's no 70% off sales and blinding yellow signs in that store yet.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7564 posts
8328 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
RAINMAN0 wrote: You can pretty much get free shipping any day. Just order 2 or more items to get over the shipping threshold and return the items instore that dont fit. Downside is you still have to go to a store at some point but normally I order 2 sizes anyway to see which fits best.
And people like you are why this is becoming a thing!

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ctv-con ... ns-2576921
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
7364 posts
4426 upvotes
gottagetta wrote: Sport Chek Cyber Monday Deal is... "Free Shipping"?

Disappointing.
I mean, they do have a 3 day cyber Monday sale going on. The free shipping is just icing on the cake I guess. lol
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1097 posts
1564 upvotes
Vancouver
For those upset about dirt cheap clearance not available for online order, vast majority were available late October. Obviously they are not there a month after.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18120 posts
9183 upvotes
Leggendairy wrote: I don't know what sportchek is doing with their clearance section but like 90% of the stuff I click on is "for in store pickup only" (wow what a complete 180 from the covid days) and all the stores in my area are almost always out of stock everytime. I know before, they would do this "item is only for in store pickup" when a shoe would be like 20$, or a clothing was like $5 or less. But now they are doing it on shoes that are still $80+?! Shoes I prob wouldn't even order if I could have them shipped to me. And shirts that are still $15+? What is going on over there??? I used to buy alot from them but now it feels like a waste of time browsing their inventory.
Sport Chek moved quite a few months ago to having clearance items as in-store pickup only. Some items still showed as being available online, but it has been getting more and more rare to find one that has snuck through for what I look at.

I can see a couple reasons:
a) People buy the clearance item they want and them a regular priced item to return in store.
b) People buy only clearance items and clear the stores out of the "good" deals

When you have the weekly CT offer to get points back at Sport Chek even paying for shipping doesn't matter because the rates are very reasonable ($10-15 for a dozen items). Their items on clearance are dirt cheap. They had Diadora toddler shoes for $7/pair (regular $40 or so) last year and I'm sure many people bought 5-10 pairs. I once snagged a 6 pack of Adidas socks for my kids for $2, and the same item stuck around for another order I placed a month later so I got another pack. It was easy to fill a cart with $75 worth of clearance items if you could get one or two pairs of cheap shoes mixed in. I would watch the shoe clearance and if something good came up, just filled my cart with other clearance items.

I can see why they stopped doing this, it's easy for people to take advantage of it. It sucks for those like me who did use it, but more for the casual shopper who now is just frustrated. I am now more likely to go elsewhere to purchase something, and for the last 4 pairs of shoes I have just gone through Under Armour directly for them. I don't want to pay $60-80 for a pair of shoes for a toddler or primary school aged kid.
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2014
114 posts
81 upvotes
Haven't ordered from them before, do they usually have free shipping with a minimum spend and if so, what's the usual minimum spend?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 29, 2002
5483 posts
2497 upvotes
Vancouver
i remember they use to ship the items directly from the store that had stock rather than from warehouse so this would cost SC alot of money if they did ship cleareance items directly to ones home so they changed to pick up instore
"You gotta spend money to save money"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7564 posts
8328 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
hesp wrote: i remember they use to ship the items directly from the store that had stock rather than from warehouse so this would cost SC alot of money if they did ship cleareance items directly to ones home so they changed to pick up instore
So is this a change that was done only within the last few months? I bought a raincoat on clearance earlier this year, there was literally only 1 left in stock in the entire country, and they shipped it from a Halifax store, so yeah I can definitely see the cost of shipping being an issue lol.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 10, 2008
5060 posts
1757 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: Sport Chek moved quite a few months ago to having clearance items as in-store pickup only. Some items still showed as being available online, but it has been getting more and more rare to find one that has snuck through for what I look at.

I can see a couple reasons:
a) People buy the clearance item they want and them a regular priced item to return in store.
b) People buy only clearance items and clear the stores out of the "good" deals

When you have the weekly CT offer to get points back at Sport Chek even paying for shipping doesn't matter because the rates are very reasonable ($10-15 for a dozen items). Their items on clearance are dirt cheap. They had Diadora toddler shoes for $7/pair (regular $40 or so) last year and I'm sure many people bought 5-10 pairs. I once snagged a 6 pack of Adidas socks for my kids for $2, and the same item stuck around for another order I placed a month later so I got another pack. It was easy to fill a cart with $75 worth of clearance items if you could get one or two pairs of cheap shoes mixed in. I would watch the shoe clearance and if something good came up, just filled my cart with other clearance items.

I can see why they stopped doing this, it's easy for people to take advantage of it. It sucks for those like me who did use it, but more for the casual shopper who now is just frustrated. I am now more likely to go elsewhere to purchase something, and for the last 4 pairs of shoes I have just gone through Under Armour directly for them. I don't want to pay $60-80 for a pair of shoes for a toddler or primary school aged kid.
They stopped doing it because it was a cluster.

If you ordered 10 items, they'd all ship from different stores and at different times. Some would ship out that day, some would take a week. Items would randomly be cancelled but still for sale on their website. It has hard to keep track of what you ordered, what was shipped, or what was refunded.
Let's hug it out
Newbie
Feb 12, 2020
33 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
I should have read the notes that this is until 11 pm PST, not 12. I waited until the end and was 8 minutes too late to check out with free shipping.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)