Food & Drink

1 year anniversary resto in toronto

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2017 10:14 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2002
1761 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto

1 year anniversary resto in toronto

Need to take the wife out for our 1 year anniversary. She wants 'elevated cuisine'.

where is a good spot in toronto? generally open to all types of food. thanks.
17 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2002
1761 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote: Total Budget?
not a great concern. assume a bottle of wine and a few pints of beer.
< 500 is ok. ~300 is preferable.

I looked at Alo. unfortunately they are booked up. Possible we could sit at the bar, and we like doing that.

Anyone ever been to ruby watchco?
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 9, 2006
11625 posts
2141 upvotes
chowder wrote: Need to take the wife out for our 1 year anniversary. She wants 'elevated cuisine'.

where is a good spot in toronto? generally open to all types of food. thanks.
360 Restaurant.

You can't get any more elevated then that.... literally.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2002
1761 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote: 360 Restaurant.

You can't get any more elevated then that.... literally.
id go there but i know she went on a bad date there once with someone like 4 years ago.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12858 posts
3018 upvotes
Markham
chowder wrote: not a great concern. assume a bottle of wine and a few pints of beer.
< 500 is ok. ~300 is preferable.

I looked at Alo. unfortunately they are booked up. Possible we could sit at the bar, and we like doing that.

Anyone ever been to ruby watchco?
As a Steak person, I'd do Jacobs.
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 9, 2006
11625 posts
2141 upvotes
chowder wrote: id go there but i know she went on a bad date there once with someone like 4 years ago.
Canoe Restaurant? Also still works with the whole literal/elevated joke.... which I'll beat to death... Stratus Restaurant? It's small, but elevated and the food is decent. It's more of a business crowd though.

That link has some interesting choices, but skip any of the AYCE places. AYCE isn't very romantic. I personally like Omakase restaurants instead. Specifically Sushi Kaji. It's a little pricier as you'll probably spend around $350 not including any drinks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2002
1761 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote: Canoe Restaurant?
closed saturdays and sundays for weddings and private events :(
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 9, 2006
11625 posts
2141 upvotes
chowder wrote: closed saturdays and sundays for weddings and private events :(
That must cost a fortune to rent out.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2014
1099 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto, ON
joeyjoejoe wrote: That must cost a fortune to rent out.
Googled because I was curious. Min spend of $18k and $12k for Saturday and Sunday respectively. Plus 18% gratuity. Plus taxes. Also $5/pp for cake cutting fee OR $125 flat free if you bring cupcakes. So...basically the normal cost of a Toronto wedding. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Member
Jan 15, 2007
281 posts
49 upvotes
alo
best restaurant I have been to in Toronto, though reservations can be tricky.

Top