Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2022 2:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2517 posts
2299 upvotes
ChrisT5598 wrote: Digital games at that...
All games are digital really, even if you have a disk. Mind you I think this has drm that would make it impossible to play without connecting to battle net…

That said, people act as if digital games are actually streaming… they are not. I can backup my digital games, streaming I’m at the mercy of the provider.

Back to the topic, any restrictions on digital games or physical media games are artificial.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10567 posts
4795 upvotes
With physical discs on consoles you can install the game and play completely offline without an internet connection.
Diablo 2 is an exception because you have to log-in to Battle.net to retrieve your saved characters offline or online.

Kevcorm wrote: All games are digital really, even if you have a disk. Mind you I think this has drm that would make it impossible to play without connecting to battle net…

That said, people act as if digital games are actually streaming… they are not. I can backup my digital games, streaming I’m at the mercy of the provider.

Back to the topic, any restrictions on digital games or physical media games are artificial.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
1412 posts
385 upvotes
As an occasional gamer, somehow I enjoyed more PoE than D3 honestly. And I don't even know if this an insult to the game or not.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1153 posts
929 upvotes
BiGD33nS wrote: As an occasional gamer, somehow I enjoyed more PoE than D3 honestly. And I don't even know if this an insult to the game or not.
POE is what d3 should have been. D3 is just terrible.. and nothing like d2.

D2R is just a gear grind game and the end game is to make fun PVM builds or PVP builds. It can't really be a serious casual game unless you buy gear using gold from a certain forum... otherwise your casual play is just player vs monster with no real direction.

Now that discord and community events are more common, it's a fun game to play with other people on voice chat (using 3rd party apps).

I played this for the past year. At this point the expectation of cool new runewords and items is fading. The market for this game is for the nerds who used to play this game back in the day. A lot of them are losing interest due to the snail pace of ladder resets and lack of new improvements.

Theres a lot of skills and items that are just unuseable. Serious thought and effort is needed to do something to change that
Apr 5, 2005
328 posts
402 upvotes
HELL
They should let people install the original again then.
May 13, 2014
702 posts
373 upvotes
Vancouver
Jordanferras wrote: Theres a lot of skills and items that are just unuseable. Serious thought and effort is needed to do something to change that
They tried with the initial LoD launch and then tried again with 1.10.

Then they tried making everything equally balanced from the get go in D3 and look how that turned out.

D2's not perfect, but it simply will never get any better. Any change that Blizzard tries to make to make it better will inevitably end up making it worse, so you shouldn't even ask.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1754 posts
1013 upvotes
Can anyone confirm if there is massive amount hackers and botters in D2 resurrected?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2703 posts
2242 upvotes
YYZ
FYI blizz might be giving D3 and D2:R for free with the preorder of D4 when it goes live.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Sep 6, 2006
659 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
also on sale on Xbox for$59.99, not as good as a few weeks prior.