10 Cent Photos from SHOPPERS DRUG MART <<EXPIRED DEAL - please move>>

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2009 10:02 pm
[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 10 Cent Photos from SHOPPERS DRUG MART <<EXPIRED DEAL - please move>>

Hi everyone,

My wife just got a batch of photos done up at SDM at the Fairview Mall location in North York, Ontario - Don Mills & Sheppard Ave.

As long as you process and purchase 50 or more photos before January 31, 2009, the cost is just 10 CENTS per photo.

My wife got done almost 300 photos for less than $30!

Michael
46 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
1667 posts
385 upvotes
Oakville
Does SDM print photos on site or are they sent to a third party for processing? Just wondering for turn around time.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
jumbojones wrote: Does SDM print photos on site or are they sent to a third party for processing? Just wondering for turn around time.
They do it onsite at the one I went to. I imagine most are the same, though I cannot guarantee it. And as for the turn around time, it can be as little as 1 hour, but most locations don't have a photolab that stays open late, so if you drop by after work, you may have to wait until the next day to pick up your order.

hope this helps :)

Michael.
Dec 7, 2005
295 posts
7 upvotes
how's the quality? I mean, I know it's not Black's or Henry's but pretty good or comparable to Walmart or Costco?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
23666 posts
11750 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't printed at Costco but I'd say it's definitely better than WalMart, but that's just me. The entire process has changed since SDM's use to use Kodak machines (at least on the customer processing side) and changed to the updgraded Fuji machines.
It's Fujitsu (sp) paper, a little bit thicker. Prints come out cold. Prints are sprayed on (at most stores).
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Oct 19, 2005
617 posts
78 upvotes
Midland
SDM print is much better quality then Costco. 10 cent is a very good deal plus you get points for the SDM card. I just use photo lab .ca for 50 free prints and of cause the quality is not good, but if you really need to give some to friends. It is free!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
Why does the sound of "10 cent prints" make me thing of "7....minute...abs!" each time :twisted:
Feb 1, 2008
838 posts
87 upvotes
I have to agree with how SDM's prints are pretty good. I sometimes stop by at SDM to get a few quick pics printed out. But depending on where you are and time of the day, it might take a very long time even for a couple pics. Because they process it on-site, sometimes I have to wait for my order to queue up or possibly the person working there is busy taking passport photos for 10 different people.

But as COCAPOO said, the photolab free prints is not too bad. Although I find their image enhancing tool actually make my photos worst when it gets printed, despite looking good on the screen.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3692 posts
928 upvotes
GTA North
I forgot about this, thanks for the reminder.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1790 posts
367 upvotes
Edmonton
hmmm. costco or sdm.....
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2002 posts
174 upvotes
Do you take your memory card to SDM or do you submit online like Costco for the sales?
Oct 31, 2002
469 posts
7 upvotes
i went to a SDM in brampton and it was 19cents a print if you do over 50, they even had signage up stating this
Oct 31, 2002
469 posts
7 upvotes
with the shoppers machines, lets say i have a dvd with different directories with photos, can i pick which directory to print?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6651 posts
904 upvotes
Ottawa
I have both 50 prints from SDM for 0.10 each and another 50 free from photolab.ca. I must say, SDM's prints are pretty good, but I found photolab's prints are better, I have do film prints with them as well, and they are pretty good as well.
COCAPOO wrote: SDM print is much better quality then Costco. 10 cent is a very good deal plus you get points for the SDM card. I just use photo lab .ca for 50 free prints and of cause the quality is not good, but if you really need to give some to friends. It is free!!!
Aug 29, 2004
778 posts
59 upvotes
busakap wrote: i went to a SDM in brampton and it was 19cents a print if you do over 50, they even had signage up stating this
so is this deal YMMV? can anyone confirm?
Oct 31, 2002
469 posts
7 upvotes
depends on the location, i went to the shoppers by trinity mall in brampton and they had the 10 cent promo, the other one i went to at countryside and airport was 19 cents
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3731 posts
2368 upvotes
Toronto
It's gotta be a Shoppers with an "inhome" easypix lab. Best to call the location to check on the deal first....

What I really found fun, was that you could add words/captions to your pics free.....(this feature also allowed me to disguise any parts of the photos I wanted to without "cropping", say, if it was in the centre area of photo)
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2002 posts
174 upvotes
Confirmed, this deal is advertised beside the computer where you select your photos. It's on prints of 50 of more until January 30. You might want to watch out when they ring it in because the machine automatically calculates the price based on the original photo print price and the photolab worker had to manually fix the price. Also I didn't know their index prints cost a few cents...
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Captain Snazzypants wrote: Why does the sound of "10 cent prints" make me thing of "7....minute...abs!" each time :twisted:
Only you can answer that one...

Sounds like a good price for developing though. Wonder if I have some old film lying around?