Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

10 Cent Photos from SHOPPERS DRUG MART <<EXPIRED DEAL - please move>>

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2009 10:02 pm
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
mkassapian wrote: Hi everyone,

My wife just got a batch of photos done up at SDM at the Fairview Mall location in North York, Ontario - Don Mills & Sheppard Ave.

As long as you process and purchase 50 or more photos before January 31, 2009, the cost is just 10 CENTS per photo.

My wife got done almost 300 photos for less than $30!

Michael
Just to be clear - is this digital prints, or developing and printing of film?

You used the word "process" which got me thinking 35mm film.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
Just got mine done at the SDM at Bayview & John. Just a heads-up that the discount did not appear on my photo kiosk screen - I had to submit my order and then they adjusted the price at the counter when I paid.
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I am sure they will likely offer the same price for 35mm, etc...

And I am not sure if they had to manually adjust for my wife's order too, will ask her.

Michael
Dec 28, 2001
416 posts
85 upvotes
anyone know if this deal is available in GVR?
Jul 31, 2008
244 posts
79 upvotes
busakap wrote: anybody know if the spend $75, get $20 in gift cards promo they run once in a while works with photos?

http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/english/ ... index.html
In general it should - if it's combined in one single transaction (i.e. pay for everything at the photolab cash or ask the photolab person to give you the envelope containing your photos so you can pay at the regular cash) on the day(s) of the promo.
Jul 23, 2007
582 posts
9 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
rAfChOw wrote: Just got mine done at the SDM at Bayview & John. Just a heads-up that the discount did not appear on my photo kiosk screen - I had to submit my order and then they adjusted the price at the counter when I paid.
How's the quality? I want to print my pictures at the Bayview & John one too...
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
The Shopping Lady wrote: How's the quality? I want to print my pictures at the Bayview & John one too...
I'll let you know after I pick them up. Supposedly they are using a newer Fujitsu machine so I hope the quality will be similar to Black's and Costco.
Oct 31, 2002
469 posts
7 upvotes
did about 4 thousand pictures this weekend, can't complain about quality, can't complain about the 10 cents a picture and definitely can't complain about all that free swiss chalet food!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1308 posts
25 upvotes
isn't it cheaper to purchase photos from the Loblaws Superstore?
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
busakap wrote: did about 4 thousand pictures this weekend, can't complain about quality, can't complain about the 10 cents a picture and definitely can't complain about all that free swiss chalet food!
Now that is a definitely HOT deal... you got them at 10 cents per photo plus you got approximately $100 in GC for Swiss Chalet on top of that for each $75 you spent got $20 in GC from Swiss Chalet this past weekend at SDM.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
1095 posts
13 upvotes
I just called the one in Leduc, Alberta and it is IN STORE Special.
It won't work if you order online and pick up there.

It has to be done in store then you can get the special 10 cent per print.

This promotion is not for all store, best way to check which store is either call in or check their current flyer. On Page 3 of their 4 pages flyer, it has this promotion.
Aug 15, 2008
48 posts
4 upvotes
smash wrote: anyone know if this deal is available in GVR?
Yes, it is available in Vancouver. The one at HighGate village and the one across Kingsway from Metrotown both has it. The one inside Metrotown doesn't have the photo lab and doesn't have 10c/print.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone, let me clear up the confusion ...

Shoppers charges 0.29 cents for 4 x 6's on a regular basis ...
An ongoing promo has been when you purchase 50 or more (in-store), the prints will become 0.19 cents each.

This 10-cent promotion was featured in the flyer, and goes above and beyond what has been posted otherwise. Therefore, don't worry about what's posted, just go by what's in the flyer as the flyer is a time-limited deal (week by week). Make sense?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
Picked mine up today. Gotta say the quality is not great, not as good as Costco.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
rAfChOw wrote: Picked mine up today. Gotta say the quality is not great, not as good as Costco.
Just to ask because I'm actually curious ... based on what?
The paper is not as thick ... doesn't feel to be "quality" paper?
The colouring doesn't look right to it?

I guess I'll print at Costco for the heck of it one of these days.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Just to ask because I'm actually curious ... based on what?
The paper is not as thick ... doesn't feel to be "quality" paper?
The colouring doesn't look right to it?

I guess I'll print at Costco for the heck of it one of these days.
Don't know about the paper, but the image colours are pretty bad.

Maybe it's the location (got mine done at Bayview & John).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa
Few questions...

1) Is this Toronto only, or does this likely apply to Ottawa as well?
2) When does the sale finish?
3) What methods do they accept for the photos? CD, DVD, SD card, USB stick, external hard-drive?
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
angekfire wrote: Few questions...

1) Is this Toronto only, or does this likely apply to Ottawa as well?
2) When does the sale finish?
3) What methods do they accept for the photos? CD, DVD, SD card, USB stick, external hard-drive?
1) Not sure, best way to find out is to call the store.
2) Jan 31st
3) All of the mentioned methods are accepted (not sure about external drive, though, but most likely yes)
Apr 6, 2007
126 posts
19 upvotes
rAfChOw wrote: Picked mine up today. Gotta say the quality is not great, not as good as Costco.
I echo. The Costco's print is slightly better. I have tested a few pictures today using easypix. The color space of the easypix printer doesn't print (skin tones) red properly, and it looks like it has sharpened the picture a bit also. I will print more tomorrow to compare.

My observation of the three companies, and they all use the same paper (Matte at least),
1. Costco &#8594; using Fuji paper, provided the ICC printer profile so that your print can color match your monitor.
2. Black &#8594; using Fuji paper, the picture quality I will say it is the same as Costco, but they have a technician on-site to calibrate each picture for you. That is why one of the rep told me they charge more.
3. Easypix &#8594; using Fuji paper, the color is a little bit off and sharpened too much. I hope I can get a hold with the printer profile. The technician told me the lab is using an epson printer.

I will say if you calibrate (post process) your pictures, and you know how the color matching works. Costco is already very good plus you have more control, and the price is always the lowest (if not on special).
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1136 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga
Costco is one of the better places around, and I know a lot of professional photographers who print there, myself included. For the value, there isn't anything better.