Shopping Discussion

10% discount Chapters-Indigo is no more?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2019 2:44 pm
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
130 posts
157 upvotes
Saint-Romuald, QC

10% discount Chapters-Indigo is no more?

I remember vaguely that every time a Chapters-Indigo book deal was posted, someone always mentioned a 10% discount code that would only apply if your cart is $50+. Does it still exist?
10 replies
Jan 17, 2013
770 posts
363 upvotes
Looks like now it is a email sign up to get 10% off

Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20897 posts
19172 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Been a Chapters / Indigo Customer for years.

These days I find the best bang for my buck is belonging to their Rewards Program... I get emails with deals almost every day.

Can be on select books or merchandise (like categories)

Or wider offers...

Like ALL SUMMER Long they have FREE SHIPPING... no minimum
Or my fave... when they do a COMPLIMENTARY Points Top Up

My Rewards Deals CONSISTENTLY are better than 10% Off on $ 50

Just make yourself a wish list, and then watch for an Offer that lines up with whatever it is you want to buy
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1727 posts
1248 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
It seems like no more active code since they have all summer FS with no minimum
Oct 31, 2002
121 posts
75 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Came across this thread... not sure if there's a more up-to-date one.

It appears Indigo/Chapters has now linked the 10% off $50 coupon codes to email addresses. Prior to July 1, 2019, many coupon websites would post the 9-digit code for the 10$ off $50 offer. Those codes are now only valid for a unique email address and can't be used generally.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20897 posts
19172 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Stinky wrote: Came across this thread... not sure if there's a more up-to-date one.

It appears Indigo/Chapters has now linked the 10% off $50 coupon codes to email addresses. Prior to July 1, 2019, many coupon websites would post the 9-digit code for the 10$ off $50 offer. Those codes are now only valid for a unique email address and can't be used generally.
True.

And my past advice from 2018 further up this thread, still applies when it comes to Chapters / Indigo the best way to save / get the most deals is to subscribe to their emails AND join their Loyalty Program
Jun 21, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but seems like the only relevant one.

Anyone know what's happened with the monthly 10% codes ?
They were so useful, but now can't seem to find any for past 3 months.

You guys think support will offer something if I call them during checkout with my books ?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7206 posts
7013 upvotes
Toronto
Monztamash wrote: Sorry for bumping this old thread, but seems like the only relevant one.

Anyone know what's happened with the monthly 10% codes ?
They were so useful, but now can't seem to find any for past 3 months.

You guys think support will offer something if I call them during checkout with my books ?
Please read this : http://forums.redflagdeals.com/10-disco ... #p29604415
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20897 posts
19172 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Monztamash wrote: Well I noticed that post from last year, but I'm sure the codes worked again later, since i used one back in April.

Now though, can't seem to find any.
Looks like your question / post of August 6, 2019 ... has now been merged by the RFD Mods into this the Indigo / Chapters thread of July 2018 ... same one that @roblombardi linked to with his reply # 9 above

Indigo / Chapters is changing the way they do business

Even since last year when I wrote the reply # 3 that @roblombardi referenced you to
They are even now more focussed on building loyalty vs folks randomly buying goods from them
(Having recently added Plum Plus to their Loyalty Family. Plum Plus is a paid membership upper level to their regular FREE Plum Rewards Program)

We have a regular FREE Plum Membership ... and find the offers that come weekly remain excellent.

I suggest you sign up for that ... and start a wish list of what it is you want to buy ... and match up Plum Offers that work. Definitely the best way to save money vs the occasional $ 10 coupon. My savings are far greater with Plum. Rare for us to ever buy anything full price at Indigo-Chapters.

Example ... this week’s offer is 25% off of New Arrivals (Non Book Categories)
And it STACKS with other Promos
So some items are now around 50% off

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)