Pets

10 "laboratory" Beagles from University of Guelph laboratory need homes!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2010 3:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2006
3538 posts
124 upvotes
Halton

10 "laboratory" Beagles from University of Guelph laboratory need homes!

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... =658615560

URGENT!! 10 female Beagles from University of Guelph laboratory need homes! These dogs have been used in veterinary training, are 1-2 years old and have lived their entire lives behind bars in the university laboratory. Normally they would be euthanized immediately after spay surgeries, but the UofG has agreed to work with Animal Alliance to adopt them out; HOWEVER, UofG will not simply release the dogs into the care of Animal Alliance - they will only release them to individuals who want to adopt. If you or anyone you know can give a laboratory dog a second chance, CONTACT: liz@animalalliance.ca, PHONE: 416-462-9541 ext: 23.

I would adopt one in a heart heat if I could! Give it the chance at a normal life other then being a lab rat. Cant believe schools actually put the pups down after their finished with them! Plenty of people looking for free dogs!
Enjoy Life
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Facebook link doesn't link.
Dec 12, 2007
771 posts
112 upvotes
It's too bad that the school didn't offer these services to the public instead of using "laboratory" dogs. It would be a great service to offer reduced rate spaying. The students would learn the proper procedures and maybe there wouldn't be so many unwanted dogs in animal shelters if spaying was more affordable.