• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2020 3:56 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 26, 2006
703 posts
213 upvotes

10 Month Old - Introducing Cheese

Our son who is 10 month old. We would like to introduce cheese to him. Does anyone have suggestions as to what types of cheese suitable? TIA
7 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24971 posts
4210 upvotes
Most cheese is fine if broken up into appropriate sizes. You can also shred cheese. That's what i did with my son. I would shred mozza/cheddar and put a pile in front of him. I let him kind of experiment with feeding himself, while at the same time ensuring he wasn't overdoing it and wouldn't choke.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1055 posts
457 upvotes
TORONTO
Cheddar is what we started our son on. He loves it.
He doesn't seem to like baby bel's, he just likes opening them.
But if anything cheddar seems to be the easiest choice as it isn't super strong nor super bland.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2006
703 posts
213 upvotes
Thank you for the responses. I'll get some cheddar cheese and shred them for him.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2045 posts
546 upvotes
Woodbridge
We use parmesan aged 30 months from Costco. The more mature the cheese the safer it is for babies. Used it since 5 months old.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2006
703 posts
213 upvotes
durrsak wrote: We use parmesan aged 30 months from Costco. The more mature the cheese the safer it is for babies. Used it since 5 months old.
Isn't parmesan high in sodium which is not good for babies?
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24971 posts
4210 upvotes
BaboSo wrote: Isn't parmesan high in sodium which is not good for babies?
When you're first introducing foods, your baby will likely only eat tiny amounts. They first have to learn to eat, which takes some time. Sodium isn't good for babies, but considering the tiny amounts your baby will eat at first, I wouldn't worry too much about the nutritional info of it.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2045 posts
546 upvotes
Woodbridge
BaboSo wrote: Isn't parmesan high in sodium which is not good for babies?
Absolutely if you give the baby the whole brick of cheese at once. You're supposed to start with a teaspoon of shredded parmesan and move to a normal spoon by 1year or so.