[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2038 posts
1315 upvotes
St. Catharines

[eBay.ca] $100 Hotels.com Gift Card for only $88 - Email Delivery

Get a $100 PayPal Digital Gift card to Hotel.com, for only $88

While supplies last. Maximum 2 gift cards per user.

Combine gift card balances here: https://ca.hotels.com/page/gcbalance
Last edited by MegaSilver on Feb 8th, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
The GC will only work if you are booking a hotel that offers "pay online" feature, and not all of them do.
58 replies
Sep 14, 2009
295 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have experience with Hotels.com price matching guarantee? Is there a lot of hassle & friction to get them to refund the difference...? Thanks.
Oct 15, 2014
251 posts
342 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Can you still use coupons codes with the Gift Card?
Dec 26, 2017
188 posts
113 upvotes
cardero wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 2:37 pm
Anyone have experience with Hotels.com price matching guarantee? Is there a lot of hassle & friction to get them to refund the difference...? Thanks.
i had an issue where priceline had better deal with one hotel, the hotels.com CS kept denying that nope he does not see what i see, so i offered to send a screenshot, after emailing the screenshot he still denied saying he doesnt see price difference, so i went and ended up booking with priceline.
Nov 14, 2018
30 posts
51 upvotes
I have a trip coming up and this would be great to use. Does anyone know if gift cards interfere with earning Rewards nights? I assume not since it's a payment method and not a coupon code, but I've found their site can have sneaky exclusions sometimes
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2038 posts
1315 upvotes
St. Catharines
teej22 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 3:04 pm
I have a trip coming up and this would be great to use. Does anyone know if gift cards interfere with earning Rewards nights? I assume not since it's a payment method and not a coupon code, but I've found their site can have sneaky exclusions sometimes
You definitely earn rewards nights with the gift cards. I used this similar deal last year
May 30, 2011
779 posts
1029 upvotes
Maximum 2 gift cards per user.
Nov 14, 2018
30 posts
51 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 3:26 pm
You definitely earn rewards nights with the gift cards. I used this similar deal last year
awesome- thank you for confirming! Their website is frustratingly vague, where they list as one of the bullet points for ineligible nights: "Some bookings made using a discount coupon, voucher, or code". It's comforting to know somebody has actually earned nights successfully with a gift card

In my research, I discovered that you can easily combine gift cards into one if you buy multiple via the below link. Very useful for buying multiple cards and using in a single large transaction or to avoid keeping track of multiple card balances for future bookings. I'm sure this is common knowledge for those who have used the deal previously, but I am a long time user of Hotels.com and only just discovered this now! Might be useful for anyone considering the deal and planning to load up on savings

https://ca.hotels.com/page/gcbalance
Sep 14, 2009
295 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
teej22 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 3:38 pm
In my research, I discovered that you can easily combine gift cards into one if you buy multiple via the below link. Very useful for buying multiple cards and using in a single large transaction or to avoid keeping track of multiple card balances for future bookings. I'm sure this is common knowledge for those who have used the deal previously, but I am a long time user of Hotels.com and only just discovered this now! Might be useful for anyone considering the deal and planning to load up on savings

https://ca.hotels.com/page/gcbalance
This is a great pro tip and has literally saved me hours of time and much stress over the past couple of years.
Mar 11, 2018
18 posts
3 upvotes
They might email the code.... but it's not instant. The estimated delivery date is 1 week from now >:(
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19202 posts
5477 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 3:26 pm
Oh good since their "sales" are usually bullplop.

Save 8%!
Sure, but I get 10% back when I book normally. How is this a sale?
Aug 20, 2003
412 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
evange wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 4:29 pm
They might email the code.... but it's not instant. The estimated delivery date is 1 week from now >:(
I received my emails from them 20 mins after submitting my order. It was surprisingly quick!
Oct 13, 2016
268 posts
352 upvotes
a good find, thanks!
It was like 10% in the previous deals?
Oct 13, 2016
268 posts
352 upvotes
sajan647 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 2:38 pm
Can you still use coupons codes with the Gift Card?
I don't think any ebay coupon codes can apply to GC

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

powerlord