[eBay.ca] $100 Hotels.com Gift Card for only $88 - Email Delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 5:44 pm
Aug 25, 2008
552 posts
403 upvotes
cardero wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 2:37 pm
Anyone have experience with Hotels.com price matching guarantee? Is there a lot of hassle & friction to get them to refund the difference...? Thanks.
I've found that it can depend on the price delta between their price and the matching site's. I've had them match super quickly when the price difference isn't great but when I booked a 10 night stay at a resort in Mexico in March, I had to fight like crazy to get them to price match. I think it took me 8 or 9 emails and a boatload of screenshots before they matched. I was pretty stoked to get a refund of $2,200 so it was well worth the battle.
---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
Sep 14, 2009
421 posts
111 upvotes
Vancouver
Painman wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 12:31 am
I've found that it can depend on the price delta between their price and the matching site's. I've had them match super quickly when the price difference isn't great but when I booked a 10 night stay at a resort in Mexico in March, I had to fight like crazy to get them to price match. I think it took me 8 or 9 emails and a boatload of screenshots before they matched. I was pretty stoked to get a refund of $2,200 so it was well worth the battle.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am wondering if it would be more convenient, in light of having a big hotels.com gift card balance, and to avoid the hassle you experienced, to ask them to price match in advance of booking if you find something cheaper when you go to book rather than fighting after the fact?
Feb 20, 2007
708 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
How and where do you enter the gift card information? Thanks in advance
Oct 13, 2017
108 posts
70 upvotes
ngaiden wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 3:19 pm
How and where do you enter the gift card information? Thanks in advance
When you go to book you choose "Pay online" and in step 3 it says payment details. From there you choose gift card. keep in mind that you can only use 1 gift card at a time so if you have more than one make sure to combine them first. [url=https://ca.hotels.com/page/gcbalance/]Gift card balances/url]
Jan 20, 2007
280 posts
48 upvotes
Montreal
Is it possible to buy two and have someone else gift 2, combined for 4 cards?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1381 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
So I can't use this GC, if I choose the pay at hotel option?
Feb 20, 2006
436 posts
145 upvotes
I didn't know this before but some hotels only have pay at the hotel option, which means you can't use the gift card. You can try go to the booking page to see if they have the option to pay online.
Jul 14, 2004
344 posts
38 upvotes
w01f wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 6:31 pm
Is it possible to buy two and have someone else gift 2, combined for 4 cards?
Should be no problem, I did that the last time the GCs were on sale. Had a couple friends help me buy and I just combined all the GCs onto one.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1475 posts
35 upvotes
Looking to book a specific hotel on hotels.com, but it says since I'm paying at the hotel they can't accept gc's... Am I missing somewhere where it says I can pay in full online instead, or are some hotels only accepting payment in full in person, thereby not allowing me to use this promo?
Feb 20, 2007
708 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
FallenAngel1978 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 6:13 pm
When you go to book you choose "Pay online" and in step 3 it says payment details. From there you choose gift card. keep in mind that you can only use 1 gift card at a time so if you have more than one make sure to combine them first. [url=https://ca.hotels.com/page/gcbalance/]Gift card balances/url]
Thanks for the detailed walkthrough FallenAngel1978 =)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1381 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
FallenAngel1978 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 6:13 pm
Does Hotel.com allow partial payment with GC?
That is if my stay is $250. Can I pay $200 with GC and rest with CC?
I know some places only allow one method of payment, so paying with GC means I have to have enough funds in GC to cover the whole cost.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1843 posts
1368 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks
Have coming trips in April just perfect timing, although not as good as $85 for $100 value GC deal in the past
Oct 13, 2017
108 posts
70 upvotes
last_sd wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:02 am
Does Hotel.com allow partial payment with GC?
That is if my stay is $250. Can I pay $200 with GC and rest with CC?
I know some places only allow one method of payment, so paying with GC means I have to have enough funds in GC to cover the whole cost.
To answer your other question... no you can't use it if you choose to pay at the hotel. At that point you're dealing directly with the hotel not hotels.com. I had enough gift cards to cover the entire cost but it asks how much you want to use of the gift card. So presumably you can pay part of the cost with a gift card and part with a credit card.