Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

$100 Hotels.com Gift Card for only $88 - Email Delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2020 1:26 am
Feb 20, 2007
806 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
FallenAngel1978 wrote: When you go to book you choose "Pay online" and in step 3 it says payment details. From there you choose gift card. keep in mind that you can only use 1 gift card at a time so if you have more than one make sure to combine them first. [url=https://ca.hotels.com/page/gcbalance/]Gift card balances/url]
Thanks for the detailed walkthrough FallenAngel1978 =)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1841 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
FallenAngel1978 wrote: When you go to book you choose "Pay online" and in step 3 it says payment details. From there you choose gift card. keep in mind that you can only use 1 gift card at a time so if you have more than one make sure to combine them first. [url=https://ca.hotels.com/page/gcbalance/]Gift card balances/url]
Does Hotel.com allow partial payment with GC?
That is if my stay is $250. Can I pay $200 with GC and rest with CC?
I know some places only allow one method of payment, so paying with GC means I have to have enough funds in GC to cover the whole cost.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks
Have coming trips in April just perfect timing, although not as good as $85 for $100 value GC deal in the past
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2017
2432 posts
3016 upvotes
Hamilton
last_sd wrote: Does Hotel.com allow partial payment with GC?
That is if my stay is $250. Can I pay $200 with GC and rest with CC?
I know some places only allow one method of payment, so paying with GC means I have to have enough funds in GC to cover the whole cost.
To answer your other question... no you can't use it if you choose to pay at the hotel. At that point you're dealing directly with the hotel not hotels.com. I had enough gift cards to cover the entire cost but it asks how much you want to use of the gift card. So presumably you can pay part of the cost with a gift card and part with a credit card.
Aug 7, 2015
129 posts
50 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Anyone know if you can combine USD and CAD gift cards together through the Hotels gift card portal?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
beljevina wrote: EML6FEBNA gives 6% off. But careful, it doesn't allow you to stack that hotel stay towards your book-10-get-1-free tally. (It's also a oddly calculated 6% off) If you have a student membership access to myunidays.com , you should be able to generate a 10% off code. Ebates should pay 4%. In case you have a RBC card and significant points, hotels.com cards are among the cheapest of all gift cards you can get from them, making your points go much farther than say, a Winners GC.
Except Unidays "ran out" of Hotels.com codes, lol.
Aug 25, 2008
925 posts
757 upvotes
Etobicoke
cardero wrote: Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am wondering if it would be more convenient, in light of having a big hotels.com gift card balance, and to avoid the hassle you experienced, to ask them to price match in advance of booking if you find something cheaper when you go to book rather than fighting after the fact?
I tried that approach once (asking them to price match in advance) but was told that I had to book and pay first, then PM. I pretty much only book 100% refundable rooms when I want to price match in case I lose the battle for the PM.
RFD deals:
Koodo $35 / 50 GB | PM $26 / 50 GB US/CAN | Koodo $40 / 100 GB
TCL 65R617 $625
Viewsonic VX3268 32 Inch 144Hz 1ms Monitor $280
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
Painman wrote: I tried that approach once (asking them to price match in advance) but was told that I had to book and pay first, then PM. I pretty much only book 100% refundable rooms when I want to price match in case I lose the battle for the PM.
I must resist trying to save a few bucks booking the non-refundable deals then. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not a bad deal but used to be $85 for $100 and limit 3 per account
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
Smartchen wrote: Not a bad deal but used to be $85 for $100 and limit 3 per account
Q4 promos tend to be richer.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1841 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 2, transferred balance to one and used it on a booking.
One of the filters on the left while searching is called "Payment & cancellation". Check the "Pay with Hotels.com gift card" option.
I searched without it initially and one of hotels I chose didn't accept GC.Another one did not allow it's cheapest deal with GC.
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
last_sd wrote: Bought 2, transferred balance to one and used it on a booking.
One of the filters on the left while searching is called "Payment & cancellation". Check the "Pay with Hotels.com gift card" option.
I searched without it initially and one of hotels I chose didn't accept GC.Another one did not allow it's cheapest deal with GC.
Good pro tip; I never thought to do that.
Feb 22, 2017
59 posts
165 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
i just bouth 2 card and activated on hotel

but you need to call hotel.com for activation together you cant activate 2 gift card on same reservation online

when you talk you give your 2 code and he put on one gift card after that you activate for your reservation !!!
Feb 15, 2018
251 posts
168 upvotes
cardero wrote: Anyone have experience with Hotels.com price matching guarantee? Is there a lot of hassle & friction to get them to refund the difference...? Thanks.

My only experience with this was surprisingly seamless. Sent them screenshot and refunded within 24h. No question asked.
Mar 14, 2018
864 posts
1207 upvotes
tyber1st wrote: i just bouth 2 card and activated on hotel

but you need to call hotel.com for activation together you cant activate 2 gift card on same reservation online

when you talk you give your 2 code and he put on one gift card after that you activate for your reservation !!!
Or you can combine your gift cards here first:

https://ca.hotels.com/page/gcbalance/

If link doesn't work, go to "Menu" - "Gift Cards" - "Balance Services"
Nov 7, 2012
260 posts
138 upvotes
tyber1st wrote: i just bouth 2 card and activated on hotel

You can do this online, unless something changed in the past 6 months.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
Is this still working for anyone? It wont accept credit cards and my paypal is not working on it either? Tried incognito mode too, won't go through.

Looks like it went dead when I was trying to buy it. It's gone now.
Last edited by deadice on Feb 18th, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)