Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bay Bloor Radio

$100 off a purchase of $399+ when you trade in your old (even broken) headphones

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2019 1:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
I might have considered this but I previously bought the Bose Quietcomfort 25 wired headphones. Got two pair at $150 at Amazon and two pair at $169 at The Shopping Channel in two different sales.

So, one for each member of the family, purely to use on the plane.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
Good time to buy a QC35??? Or should I wait for a better deal or a new model??? Lowest ive seen them go besides black friday was $399
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9545 posts
960 upvotes
congeetime wrote: Good time to buy a QC35??? Or should I wait for a better deal or a new model??? Lowest ive seen them go besides black friday was $399
Bose is excluded from this promo
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
Variability wrote: Sonos have neat wireless speakers and setups, but why would you want Bose? They're not even the best NC headphones atm, and Idk what else they have going on, they're overpriced for what they are.
Bose have very good software support, IMO. What you're paying for are constant updates and ease of use, and surprisingly, not so much the audio department (and they're comfortable too!). And even more surprisingly, I found that it does matter and ended up going back to Bose products for that reason.
Feb 20, 2019
5 posts
3 upvotes
Just went and bought the 1000xm3's in black. It was in stock when I was there but didn't tell me how many. Also I traded in $2 eBay earphones and got the discount.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
Ambushes wrote: QC35s are pretty even with XM3s though...
XM3 might have better sound depending on your tastes but noise cancelling wise they trade blows however the Bose are more comfortable.
Also, as mentioned previously, the Sonys have issues in the cold. I haven't heard similar issues in the cold with the Bose.

I haven't listened to the Sonys, but from most of the reviews I read, they're pretty similar to the Bose in terms noise cancellation.

For pure sound quality my Sennheiser HD598 easily beats the Bose, but to be honest I don't use the Sennheisers much anymore, since most of the time at home I'm just watching TV shows and movies while working, with my AirPods. I use ANC headphones strictly for the plane, although I'll have to test them out with my lawnmower.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
1170 posts
242 upvotes
I didn't have any issue today in the cold with the M3's FWIW, but time will tell
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1045 posts
4135 upvotes
Toronto
They have at least ten units in black left as of 15 minutes ago. I tried them on and it works well, bass is good, sound quality is good. Swipe up and down to control volume is amazing, need this feature on the AirPods.

Ask for Charlie, he was very helpful.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2006
1739 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
What’s the return policy?
[rfdlink=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48622]HeatWare[/rfdlink]
Samsung 2253BW widescreen 2ms response time Intel core 2 duo E8400 Patriot viper series 4GB DDR2 pc6200 DDR800 dual channel ram XFX nvidia 8800GT 255mb Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic WD Caviar Black 1TB sata2 HDD w/ 32mb cache Logitech z560 4.1
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
If you’re used to the Sennheiser lean sound, the Sony will sound like a muddy mess out of the box. The drivers of the XM3 are pretty good though, if you eq down the bass, the will sound pretty decent actually.
If you’re after pure sound quality, I found the sens pxc550 a much more balanced sound but noise cancelling is terrible on the senns is just okay and quite far behind Sony and Bose.

Cheers,
leoben wrote: I tried xm3 given all the rave reviews but I didn't really like it, sounded so boomy and kind of terrible (though I liked the NC). Maybe I got too used to the sennheiser HD1 sound...Or should I give it another try with an equalizer
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Cress wrote: If you’re used to the Sennheiser lean sound, the Sony will sound like a muddy mess out of the box. The drivers of the XM3 are pretty good though, if you eq down the bass, the will sound pretty decent actually.
If you’re after pure sound quality, I found the sens pxc550 a much more balanced sound but noise cancelling is terrible on the senns is just okay and quite far behind Sony and Bose.

Cheers,
I didn't really like the Sennheisers for some reason that I didn't try to pin down, they sounded a bit uneven in the mids and highs, but they have a nice balance of bass compared to the Sonys for sure. I'd say the Sony has the nicest bass definition (once EQ'ed), followed by the Bose and then the Sennheisers

All of these ANC headphones sound fuzzy or grainy to me for some reason.....they sound fuzzy with the ANC on, and with ANC off/passive, the spectral balance is way different usually. So you can't win. But since I don't use them for critical listening, they do the job (at a pretty steep cost). I end up using the Bose the most because they disappear on my head comfort wise. On the train or bus, the sound quality is absolutely fine and the ANC is a godsend.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
Agree that none of them are for critical listening. I ended up with the Sennheisers because I had a deal I couldn’t pass on a brand new pair so I ended up selling the xm3s. Truth is I would have been happy with any of them, I don’t use the anc on the senns much because I get pressure build up in the cups after a while, that’s one thing that never happened with the cm3 so for people sensitive to that, Sony really did a great job.
I also didn’t like the fact that the Sony couldn’t connect to more than one device at a time.
Agreed on the comfort l, I would put Bose first, Sony second and senns Last.
This is a great deal for Rhe xm3 for sure, Sony really is taking a giant chunk out of the ANC market with their XM series,l and forcing Prices down to reasonable levels with promotions.
warpdrive wrote: I didn't really like the Sennheisers for some reason that I didn't try to pin down, they sounded a bit uneven in the mids and highs, but they have a nice balance of bass compared to the Sonys for sure. I'd say the Sony has the nicest bass definition (once EQ'ed), followed by the Bose and then the Sennheisers

All of these ANC headphones sound fuzzy or grainy to me for some reason.....they sound fuzzy with the ANC on, and with ANC off/passive, the spectral balance is way different usually. So you can't win. But since I don't use them for critical listening, they do the job (at a pretty steep cost). I end up using the Bose the most because they disappear on my head comfort wise. On the train or bus, the sound quality is absolutely fine and the ANC is a godsend.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes
They only have 3 black left this morning and all of them are open box and looked like returned. If you want brand new with wrap only silver is left.
Sep 24, 2018
177 posts
281 upvotes
If anyone local in Toronto still needs help getting a pair of the xm3 or the qc35 ii, send me a pm, I may be able to help.
Jun 10, 2014
100 posts
21 upvotes
West Vancouver, BC
zzricezz wrote: They only have 3 black left this morning and all of them are open box and looked like returned. If you want brand new with wrap only silver is left.
Hmm did they mention if they would be getting any new orders in?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
vuongt wrote: If anyone local in Toronto still needs help getting a pair of the xm3 or the qc35 ii, send me a pm, I may be able to help.
Are you going to offer the same discount as Bay Bloor Radio for the XM3?
doctordiddy wrote: Hmm did they mention if they would be getting any new orders in?
+1. Got few coworkers and friends who are interested too. Hopefully they bring more before the promo expiry.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes
doctordiddy wrote: Hmm did they mention if they would be getting any new orders in?
They said it on ordered but don't know when it will arrive.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)