Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

$101.74 Google Nest Thermostat - Smart Thermostat for Home - Programmable WiFi Thermostat - Fog

[OP]
Feb 24, 2016
109 posts
1036 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $101.74 Google Nest Thermostat - Smart Thermostat for Home - Programmable WiFi Thermostat - Fog

Now it’s a lower price, ATL

Was: $145.53$145.53
Price: $101.74$101.74
You Save: $43.79$43.79 (30%)

Brand Google
Colour Fog
Item dimensions L x W x H 8.4 x 8.4 x 2.7 centimeters
Style Programmable Wifi Thermostat - Fog
Controller type Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Voice Control, IOS, Android
Connectivity protocol Wi-Fi
About this item
ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat for home that helps you save energy and stay comfortable
The Nest Thermostat is designed to work without a C wire in most homes, but for some systems, including heating only, cooling only, zone controlled, and heat pump systems, you’ll need a C wire or other compatible power accessory
Nest Thermostat turns itself down when you leave, so you don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home
Programmable thermostat that lets you create an energy efficient schedule in the Google Home app on your Android or iPhone
Remote control lets family members change the thermostat temperature from anywhere on a phone, laptop, or tablet[1]
Savings Finder looks for more ways your thermostat can help you save, and suggests tweaks to your schedule in the app; check with your energy provider to learn more about rebates and more ways to save on a Nest thermostat
Smart thermostat with HVAC monitoring, which looks out for your heating and cooling systems; sends an alert if something doesn’t seem right, along with helpful reminders to make maintenance easier[2]
45 replies
Dec 13, 2005
431 posts
56 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
Does this work with Smartthings and Alexa?
Jul 19, 2015
672 posts
709 upvotes
London, ON
Good price op. Wish ecobee had something in this price range for better Alexa integration.
Feb 8, 2020
334 posts
970 upvotes
Anyone know if it's okay to change your thermostat in a rented apartment? The one in my unit is super basic
Hello World!
Feb 8, 2009
47 posts
24 upvotes
23LeBronJames wrote: Anyone know if it's okay to change your thermostat in a rented apartment? The one in my unit is super basic
You will need permission.
Dec 17, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
I wonder if you can price match at home depot and then apply the enbridge rebate Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
2485 posts
5638 upvotes
Ontario
I have a 3rd gen thermostat. I have no plans on changing it. But I was just curious why are these so much less than that older version?
Dec 20, 2014
86 posts
93 upvotes
Wpg
This is awesome, thanks OP. Managed to bring the cost down another $28 on an earlier order, essentially getting this for $22 with Manitoba Efficiency rebates.

For those in Manitoba, $100 rebate is still valid on this https://efficiencymb.ca/offers/save-more/
Last edited by 61three on Nov 29th, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2016
140 posts
136 upvotes
Prince Albert
Skilas wrote: I have a 3rd gen thermostat. I have no plans on changing it. But I was just curious why are these so much less than that older version?
I'm not sure it's the only reason, but I don't think these are "self learning". Just accessible remotely and programmable.

In all honesty, the self learning is over rated and I have two 3rd Gens (cabin and home).
Oct 6, 2021
31 posts
21 upvotes
Will this work with a hrv? If not can I install something that controls my hrv?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2258 posts
867 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Batmaster wrote: Can you use the enbridge rebate with this?
No, Amazon is not one of the retailers on Enbridge's list of approved retailers. (Home Depot is another for a major retailer.)

I got mine at Best Buy this past weekend, paid $62.14 all in with the $75 Enbridge promotion. ($129.99 - $75) x 1.13.

Online only though, maybe you could get a price match before stacking the code.
Dec 12, 2010
229 posts
157 upvotes
Skilas wrote: I have a 3rd gen thermostat. I have no plans on changing it. But I was just curious why are these so much less than that older version?
The 3rd gen has a fancy color screen, a stainless steel ring, “learning” features… and is compatible with a few more hvac types.
I bought the 2nd gen years ago for like $150, but these days this new “cheaper” model is a no brained compared to the more expensive unit. It’s just not worth it.
Oct 17, 2017
200 posts
299 upvotes
Ottawa
Wondering why it has so many negative reviews. Especially connectivity issues.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14172 posts
29204 upvotes
totalcool wrote: Does this work with base boards?
This is for central systems , not baseboards
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9060 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
FYI message google directly if you're unsure of whether or not your current wiring/hvac/air conditioner are compatible with Google's device. They can guide you through the process.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3328 posts
705 upvotes
Vancouver
maxpayne77 wrote: Wondering why it has so many negative reviews. Especially connectivity issues.
From the comments:
I'm a bit mystified by the number of reviewers complaining about the lack of installation instructions or needing a C wire. The Google Home app takes you through installation step-by-step. Installation is basically this: turn off the HVAC circuit breakers, remove old thermostat making sure to label the wires as you disconnect them, connect the wires to the same terminal letters as the old thermostat, pull the Nest battery plastic barrier to allow batteries to make contact, turn the circuit breakers back on, and then use the Google Home app to set the thermostat controls. I have a relatively new Trane HVAC gas system which uses wires G, Y, W, and R. The Nest works fine with no C wire. The entire process to remove and replace the thermostat took about 35 minutes. The only additional requirement is installing the Nest thermostat skill on Alexa if you want to allow voice control of the Nest through Alexa. It's a great thermostat. The Google Home app allows simple setup. With Alexa, it's easy to override any presets simply by telling Alexa to change the temperature or to switch from heating to cooling, or vice versa. A nice feature of the Nest is that when you set whatever temperature you want at a given time, the thermostat will pre-heat or cool so the target temperature is achieved when the specified time is reached. In case you're concerned about what happens in the event of an internet outage, don't be. The thermostat retains all of its settings and can be changed manually on the thermostat itself should you experience an internet outage. Finally, the thermostat temperature precisely matches two other accurate temperature gauges I tested it against.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)