12 Killed in attack at Virginia Beach Government offices

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2019 7:51 pm
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
pfbmgd wrote: I bet the office was a gun free zone . Like all gun free zones they are the places where these nuts ply their trade . They know there will be no resistance .
Exactly. They never go to shoot up a police station or a gun club.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32939 posts
6550 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Pete_Coach wrote: My favorite episode was when Archie was stuck in the basement for a very long time and he even began to pray to God. Then, a woman's voice came on and said "Archie, stay calm, I am coming to get you" LOL
Wasn't it a black man that eventually let him out? He thought God was black

Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1364 upvotes
bluenose2 wrote: So little coverage on this massacre.
I have to disagree. It received a reasonable amount of media coverage. What we did not get is coverage on the shooter. A few media outlets mentioned his name, without any picture. In fact, I don't recall seeing any footage of the shooter. I don't know if that is because media now has the policy to not provide any attention/details on the shooter, or, if in this specific case, the shooter's race had anything to do with it (i.e he was black). Who knows?
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6795 posts
5876 upvotes
Toronto
MusicBox wrote: Look at all these sanctimonious canadians sneering at Americans for gun violence. If everybody in that office would had been packing a gun that guy would had killed only 1 or 2 before getting capped himself.

This massacre is a fine example why every citizen should had the ability to carry a firearm.
:facepalm:

Opposes pride parade because it's not family friendly,... but supports people carrying a gun on the office/streets :facepalm:
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4352 posts
1005 upvotes
roblombardi wrote: :facepalm:

Opposes pride parade because it's not family friendly,... but supports people carrying a gun on the office/streets :facepalm:
I doubt my kids need to see naked men walking with other naked men on leashes on Toronto streets . That is why my kids will never go to the parade while underage .

People are already carrying guns . They are called criminals . I have no issue with law abiding people carrying guns to protect themselves .
Suspended on May 21,2020 for 90 days by Mars2012 . Still serving sentence .
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2074 posts
957 upvotes
Montreal
Employees are a company's greatest assets and worst enemy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6795 posts
5876 upvotes
Toronto
pfbmgd wrote: I doubt my kids need to see naked men walking with other naked men on leashes on Toronto streets . That is why my kids will never go to the parade while underage .
:facepalm:
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
pfbmgd wrote: I bet the office was a gun free zone . Like all gun free zones they are the places where these nuts ply their trade . They know there will be no resistance .
Can you imagine, that would be the joke of the day, a crazy gunman targeting a gun-free zone to do his thing and killing everybody there, then ironically the guys that have to go there and stop him would be gun-toting cops LOL
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
3622 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: I have to disagree. It received a reasonable amount of media coverage. What we did not get is coverage on the shooter. A few media outlets mentioned his name, without any picture. In fact, I don't recall seeing any footage of the shooter. I don't know if that is because media now has the policy to not provide any attention/details on the shooter, or, if in this specific case, the shooter's race had anything to do with it (i.e he was black). Who knows?
Yeah typical response from you. So the shooter was not identified because he was black right. I saw the report later on and they ID the shooter. But hey who knows right.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
25253 posts
3104 upvotes
Montreal
maddawg wrote: Yeah typical response from you. So the shooter was not identified because he was black right. I saw the report later on and they ID the shooter. But hey who knows right.
Wtf is wrong with people. The shooter was named "Dewayne". If that didn't give away his ethnicity I don't know what did.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
1349 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
I was wondering why they weren't hammering away and then the pieces fell into place. Minority plus a handgun and it went by the wayside. I think each case has it's own merits and to say broadly say all mass shootings are the same is intellectually dishonest.

However whoever said if steer clear of crime and gangs/drug areas, the odds are heavily in your favor. The crime hot spots spoil the overall statistics so it's not an accurate portrayal.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19072 posts
2029 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
poleman wrote: The Americans are at it again.
What will stop this? Probably nothing as guns and violence are so ingrained into their society.
I'm sure there are some forums that have topics devoted to nothing but mass murders in the US.
I saw the headlines too but never bothered to read any further. What's the point, we've seen it all before too many times.
What a sad country the US has become.
The Americans are at it again? Like it doesn’t happen here? Funnily enough the first thought that came to me was the dandorth Greek then shooting and as I type this the youngenvan attack also comes bubbling up. This world is getting scarier by the day.

I have a tub of Haagen Diaz in my fridge that I’ve been contemplating on eating. Man I might not make it til tomorrow or the weekend I might as well enjoy it while I can.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
25253 posts
3104 upvotes
Montreal
Supercooled wrote:
I have a tub of Haagen Diaz in my fridge that I’ve been contemplating on eating. Man I might not make it til tomorrow or the weekend I might as well enjoy it while I can.
Did Cameron Diaz bang Hulk Hogan?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
851 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Supercooled wrote: This world is getting scarier by the day.

Stressed out over a couple of shootings close to home? It's a good thing you weren't alive 75 years ago.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote: I have Haagen Diaz I want to eat.
Who is Haagen Diaz? Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife??

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)