Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$12 off case Old Tomorrow Beer. Until May 26 (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2018 10:58 am
22 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
648 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Not showing that price on the brewing mafia site, brewers retail.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
I wish we still had the days of $2 tallboys with a large variety in that price range. Beer has just gotten too expensive these days. If I am to look at the positives, I guess I am drinking less now. My liver thanks me.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1782 posts
740 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: I wish we still had the days of $2 tallboys with a large variety in that price range. Beer has just gotten too expensive these days. If I am to look at the positives, I guess I am drinking less now. My liver thanks me.
Before "craft beer" is a thing you can get them at $1 a bottle from the brewery.
Jun 9, 2015
891 posts
974 upvotes
Toronto, ON
$12 off? Case should be $12 to begin with.
ssj4_ootaku1 wrote: Just read that as "Old Beer"
Probably is.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Lampsy wrote: $12 off? Case should be $12 to begin with.
Ya - Beer is so expensive in Ontario. $3.10 regular for a can of beer is nuts!

Just came back from Hull last week. Costco beer is like a dream come true. I stocked up for the summer.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2489 posts
292 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Ya - Beer is so expensive in Ontario. $3.10 regular for a can of beer is nuts!

Just came back from Hull last week. Costco beer is like a dream come true. I stocked up for the summer.
just be careful you don't get caught
silly laws
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
jchan1985 wrote: just be careful you don't get caught
silly laws
LOL - what a joke. More than half the people buying beer in Hull are from Ontario.

Beer stores in Ottawa must be empty. Who would ever buy beer in Ottawa??
Jul 11, 2007
715 posts
274 upvotes
GTA
kool1 wrote: LOL - what a joke. More than half the people buying beer in Hull are from Ontario.

Beer stores in Ottawa must be empty. Who would ever buy beer in Ottawa??
maybe Federal town does not enforce provincial law in this case ;)
Nov 2, 2004
297 posts
278 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: I wish we still had the days of $2 tallboys with a large variety in that price range. Beer has just gotten too expensive these days. If I am to look at the positives, I guess I am drinking less now. My liver thanks me.
In BC there's still plenty of tall boys in the $1.99-$2.49 range. One of my current favorites is $2.19 a tall boy. Side Kick North East Session Ale by North Vancouver's Bridge Brewery, if there's any BC RFD'ers reading this, look out for it. It's a real treat!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
There's tons of stuff in the $2 range. My fav cheapie is Old Style Pilsner (Molson)
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Definitely tall boys in Ontario for $2 or less but not many.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
get some Lucky!
😃
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Just bought 8 of these at my local lcbo. Tons left (Appleby and upper middle)

Great tasting beer. Worth the $2.60 a can
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
6060842 wrote: Did they name it that because that's how you'll feel after drinking a case?
Lampsy wrote: $12 off? Case should be $12 to begin with.

Probably is.
"Old Tomorrow" is the nickname of Sir John A. MacDonald, our first Prime Minister and a key person in the founding of our country.
You can't compare this beer to big-brand stuff from the big breweries in quality or flavour, so you can't expect it to compare in price. And these guys are still Canadian, unlike Molson (USA), Labatt (Belgian), and Sleeman (Japanese). They're in Toronto.

http://www.oldtomorrow.com/about/
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9645 posts
911 upvotes
Muskoka
Good deal! For cheaper, you can buy Lowenbrau for $2.10, and it's a full 500ml tallboy, not the 473ml cans like the local breweries have. Lowenbrau and Kozel seem to be the best Euro beers, to my tastebuds, anyways.
Banned
Mar 27, 2018
308 posts
266 upvotes
Yes the taxes are high
But feel good that your taxes are going to pay for the social housing of the needy in society.

Federal excise tax here

Excise tax = $0.3232 per liter

Learn about the Ontario taxes here

Basic tax
Beer made by Ontario beer manufacturers
March 1, 2018 to October 31, 2018
Draft beer = 72.45 ¢/L
Non Draft beer = 89.74 ¢/L

Add then beer volume tax rate at 17.6 cents per litre

Add The environmental tax is 8.93 cents for each non‑refillable container

So, if you buy a 500 mL tall boy the tax is
(16.16 + 44.87 + 8.8 + 8.93 ) x1.13 (HST) = $0.80 in taxes!

Beer taxes 'out of control:' Beer Canada

Beer Canada is currently running an “Axe the Escalating Beer Tax” campaign to draw beer drinkers’ attention to the fact that 47% of what they pay goes to the government in taxes.
Apr 16, 2017
40 posts
31 upvotes
6060842 wrote: Did they name it that because that's how you'll feel after drinking a case?
Tried this beer a few months ago by chance and was pleasantly surprised. Very good flavor and the pic is hard to see on the can but it's the face of sir Johnny mac.
Apparently old tomorrow was his nickname or something the story is on the side of the can
Thanks op for sharing!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)