• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2019 10:37 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 28, 2017
826 posts
849 upvotes

123 Portland

Sorry if there is a thread on this already. Family friend is interested in this project, anyone have any new updates on pricing, etc? I know its low-rise with small floor plate which is partly the appeal.

Thanks in advance.
24 replies
Nov 10, 2017
765 posts
531 upvotes
bear20 wrote: Sorry if there is a thread on this already. Family friend is interested in this project, anyone have any new updates on pricing, etc? I know its low-rise with small floor plate which is partly the appeal.

Thanks in advance.
Some Floor plans have released, no pricing yet.
Nov 10, 2017
765 posts
531 upvotes
Price list and floor plans are out tonight. 1 bed 483 sq ft starting from $639900 or $1324 psf
Apr 25, 2019
192 posts
217 upvotes
Ontario
30C26938-53FE-4918-AAA9-00A58613884A.jpeg
Is it worth spending 1324 psf for this boutique condo in king west unless it’s your primary residence and you really want to live in King West area. For investment I’m not sure if it worth spending that much money for this project (Minto is a okay builder)
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14376 posts
10648 upvotes
GaryR28626 wrote: 30C26938-53FE-4918-AAA9-00A58613884A.jpegIs it worth spending 1324 psf for this boutique condo in king west unless it’s your primary residence and you really want to live in King West area. For investment I’m not sure if it worth spending that much money for this project (Minto is a okay builder)
Are you able to find a more legible price list? Looks pricey, but a nice looking project. But it's Minto who is meh....
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5189 upvotes
Toronto
GaryR28626 wrote:
30C26938-53FE-4918-AAA9-00A58613884A.jpeg
Is it worth spending 1324 psf for this boutique condo in king west unless it’s your primary residence and you really want to live in King West area. For investment I’m not sure if it worth spending that much money for this project (Minto is a okay builder)
The east views are facing an alleyway, so no good views there, unless you are high up (but, $5,000 a floor...yikes!). The building east of the alleyway probably gets redeveloped in the future by the looks of it.
Called the bottom.
Aug 11, 2019
177 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
The way they were marketing and advertising this project, I’m actually surprised it’s not higher.

I won’t be investing in this project...
Full Time Realtor
GTA & Surrounding Areas
[OP]
Jan 28, 2017
826 posts
849 upvotes
Lol I think the family friend is passing on this..bit too much coin lol, and 89 cents psf maintenance, ouch.
[OP]
Jan 28, 2017
826 posts
849 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: Are you able to find a more legible price list? Looks pricey, but a nice looking project. But it's Minto who is meh....
Here ya go
Aug 25, 2013
339 posts
393 upvotes
Hmmmm. Interesting project. The prices seem a bit high though, especially maintenance. I checked the area earlier and there's a parking lot on the south across the street. That'll probably get built soon too. Thoughts? I like the area but not sure enough to pay this much.
Jan 27, 2018
388 posts
331 upvotes
Since the building will take anywhere between 3 - 7 years to complete, I think the pricing is reasonable as by then most likely that will be the average prices for DT. Five years ago folks had laughed out on many saying $1000/sq will be normal for DT.
Jul 7, 2019
665 posts
525 upvotes
Given its location and assuming itll be built within 4-5 years, the pricing seems more than reasonable.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5189 upvotes
Toronto
MotoCross817 wrote: Given its location and assuming itll be built within 4-5 years, the pricing seems more than reasonable.
I disagree. I'd rather just buy the Well at this price. If anyone here is buying this for cash flow, realize that you will need to be renting out a 1B/1B here for at least 2700-2800 to hope to break even (if rates go down more though, that can change). Realtors love to brag about how all of these rich tech workers will rent from you at high prices once it's built. LOL! Realtors will say anything to make their 4%. Tech workers are like any other person; would love to pay a cheaper price to save money for their own condo one day!

Kind of crappy price, but not as bad as I thought, beautiful condo, A+ area. Invest at your own risk.
Called the bottom.
Jul 7, 2019
665 posts
525 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: I disagree. I'd rather just buy the Well at this price. If anyone here is buying this for cash flow, realize that you will need to be renting out a 1B/1B here for at least 2700-2800 to hope to break even (if rates go down more though, that can change). Realtors love to brag about how all of these rich tech workers will rent from you at high prices once it's built. LOL! Realtors will say anything to make their 4%. Tech workers are like any other person; would love to pay a cheaper price to save money for their own condo one day!

Kind of crappy price, but not as bad as I thought, beautiful condo, A+ area. Invest at your own risk.
Is the Well the only property that youd prefer above this? If so, that's not bad.

Edit: the Well 1Br seem to be sold out.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14376 posts
10648 upvotes
Why do we assume prices will be up that much in 5 years? I’m guilty of doing the same thing. At some point they will stop going the way they have. Just saying, be careful building in appreciation to builder projected values.

Just be careful and protect yourself. I think if there isn’t an economic collapse, the government may try even more things to try to bring down values and/or rent.

Is this run of the mill typical Minto stuff or a true luxury building? Minto is run of the mill builder IMO.

I’d sleep better at night with tridel
Jul 7, 2019
665 posts
525 upvotes
Just to be clear, I'm not recommending buying this place given its proximity to other harbor front projects. All I'm saying is that the pricing seems to be line with recent trends and I get why its priced the way it is. For anyone thinking of being an end-user, this pricing seems to be the going rate.
In terms of investment, that's a different story.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5189 upvotes
Toronto
MotoCross817 wrote: Just to be clear, I'm not recommending buying this place given its proximity to other harbor front projects. All I'm saying is that the pricing seems to be line with recent trends and I get why its priced the way it is. For anyone thinking of being an end-user, this pricing seems to be the going rate.
In terms of investment, that's a different story.
I just can't fathom this investment. I bought 543 Richmond not 7 months ago for 1120 a foot. I have a good view facing the parkette they are building which is on Portland. Is Minto's condo more luxury than 543 Richmond? Are the herringbone floors worth 200-300 p/sqf more? Also maintenance fees are way higher. I just feel like everyone is FOMOing this condo market; Promenade, Thornhill, etc. All hard to break even on.

Things were way better earlier in the year; XO condos, Y&S, 543 Richmond, etc.
Called the bottom.