Day 1: From 10am, April 11, 2017 to 10am, April 12, 2017
Extra 20% off all Moustache products
Code: Moustache20

Day 2: From 10am, April 12, 2017 to 10am, April 13, 2017
10X S-points on all Moustache products

Day 3: From 10am, April 13, 2017 to 10am, April 14, 2017
Free Shipping on all Moustache products
Code: FSMoustache

Don't forget GCR and visit the site via the link of 123inkcatridges.ca to get 3.25% cash back rebate.
9 replies
Jun 21, 2011
26 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal
Nice deal. I switched to Moustache a few months ago on my Brother laser printer and it's been working great.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3412 posts
178 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
Anyone have like a $2 filler item that would be good to get so that I can get free shipping?
Jul 26, 2006
229 posts
8 upvotes
Just in time, need some laser toner cartridges for office/home.
Moustache free gift with order.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2827 posts
856 upvotes
I used to use this website, but no more.
They upped their prices and Moustache is their own house brand, which they have high margins on.
On common toners, like the Q2612 - you'll find the Moustache branded one for $17 while they have a no-name one at 2 for $19.99 (i've bought and used both and they both work fine)
Funny thing is now, the cheapest cartridges are labelled as "low-profit" and NEVER qualify for ANY coupons anymore. They often have family day sales, easter sales, basically a sale for anything. If you try to buy the cheapest stuff, it will never qualify.
They used to be a decent site, with good prices. Now they use this sort of "trickery" to lure you in and then make you realize you don't qualify for the discount.

I have a small office and we go through a fair amount of toner. I used to use they guys regularly with a few orders every month.

On another note, their customer service is horrible. I had a shipment go missing and you can't speak to anyone. They ignored my messages and emails for months. Finally, when I really wrote a professional but aggressive email to them, they finally started to respond and eventually re-sent the shipment which was worth about $30.
Jan 10, 2006
306 posts
95 upvotes
I *just* placed a Moustache toner order for the first time... on April 10th. :P Used live chat to ask for the April 11th 20% off deal, but they were adamant they can't give refunds. Eventually got offered store credit instead.
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 10:50 pm
I used to use this website, but no more.
They upped their prices and Moustache is their own house brand, which they have high margins on.
What matters is not their margins but how their prices compare to what else is available to the customer. Where do you shop now?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2827 posts
856 upvotes
fizikz wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 6:08 pm
I *just* placed a Moustache toner order for the first time... on April 10th. :P Used live chat to ask for the April 11th 20% off deal, but they were adamant they can't give refunds. Eventually got offered store credit instead.

What matters is not their margins but how their prices compare to what else is available to the customer. Where do you shop now?
You're right about prices vs margins. My example showed a moustache branded item for ~$17 and the non-branded "low-profit" item at 2 for ~$20
So, as you see there's a significant price hike on the moustache.
My main point is still that the 20% sale is somewhat misleading because its only on moustache products. First I've seen of this new strategy. In the past they just advertised a 15% off "entire site" but the fine print said "not applicable to Low-profit items"

I now more often use a place called EZSelection based in toronto. Occasionally I still go back to 123 though too.
Prices are only slightly lower, but I think they have more coupons, discounts, and possibly lower minimum for free shipping too.
If you really want, you can also pick up from them if you happen to be in Toronto (more specifically, Scarborough)