• Oct 16th, 2020 4:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1854 posts
1148 upvotes
Laval, QC

[123Ink.ca] Reusable Traceless Nano Tape, Transparent, 9.84ft 3m, $9.99 FS

123ink free ship deal, $9.99 for Reusable Traceless Nano Tape with free shipping (until 10:00 am Oct 15th 2020)
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2935 posts
3235 upvotes
Hmm would this work for the window winter insulator film 3m
Jul 3, 2017
120 posts
255 upvotes
waven101 wrote: Hmm would this work for the window winter insulator film 3m
Probably, but at $3/m it's very expensive compared to double sided tape.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2935 posts
3235 upvotes
Exept maybe you can reuse the films a few years if you can roll them
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
8063 posts
4459 upvotes
Alberta
waven101 wrote: Exept maybe you can reuse the films a few years if you can roll them
If you heat them up and they shrink, I don’t think you can reuse them again.
Jul 8, 2013
120 posts
105 upvotes
AMHERST
waven101 wrote: Hmm would this work for the window winter insulator film 3m
It’s really very impressive tape, but loses adhesion when wet, so I would say no.
It also (as expected) loses flexibility when cold, so that is probably another strike against it.
Jun 16, 2019
111 posts
177 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: It’s really very impressive tape, but loses adhesion when wet, so I would say no.
It also (as expected) loses flexibility when cold, so that is probably another strike against it.
Do you or anyone have any recommendations for some type of tape to seal off an outside door that's never used? There's tiny cracks where the cold and bugs can enter. The door guard seal strip thing that you tape to the bottom won't work in my particular situation though.
Jun 8, 2007
397 posts
563 upvotes
BC
Interesting product. I recently saw the TV version that's called Alien Tape. The surface is covered in tiny suction cups.
The reviews I have read seem to complain that it 'sticks' too well. There appeared to be a lot of reports of peeling the paint from drywall.

I think it can be great under the right circumstances. Anyone have any actual experience with this stuff?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
17355 posts
6195 upvotes
Michnig wrote: Do you or anyone have any recommendations for some type of tape to seal off an outside door that's never used? There's tiny cracks where the cold and bugs can enter. The door guard seal strip thing that you tape to the bottom won't work in my particular situation though.
Would this work?
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dap-dr ... 1000176103
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Jul 8, 2013
120 posts
105 upvotes
AMHERST
Michnig wrote: Do you or anyone have any recommendations for some type of tape to seal off an outside door that's never used? There's tiny cracks where the cold and bugs can enter. The door guard seal strip thing that you tape to the bottom won't work in my particular situation though.
Sorry,: I personally do not. I would suggest that if it’s *never* used, it might be worth sealing completely with foam or other in-wall insulation techniques.
Jul 8, 2013
120 posts
105 upvotes
AMHERST
Prestox wrote: Interesting product. I recently saw the TV version that's called Alien Tape. The surface is covered in tiny suction cups.
The reviews I have read seem to complain that it 'sticks' too well. There appeared to be a lot of reports of peeling the paint from drywall.

I think it can be great under the right circumstances. Anyone have any actual experience with this stuff?
Oh it definitely peels paint from drywall. It’s truly impressive stuff (I got a $5 roll from china when it first came out). Sometimes you can treat it like the 3M wall hook stuff and take it off by stretching the tape parallel to the surface, but this is definitely something that is not designed to come off easy. One of the videos that I saw while researching before purchase had someone sticking a brick to the wall, then using that brick as a shelf to put 10 other bricks.

The latest thing I’ve used it for: I taped a piece of wood to the inside of the fridge door, to replace the metal shelf-content-holder that had broken off. Even though it’s only making contact with about 1/2 and inch on each side the tape has not budged at all. The shelf is also full of condiments, many of which are glass jars.