Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
123Ink.ca

Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker Brewer $9.99 FS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 8:25 am
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1068 posts
782 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
bpboop wrote: Update: just got off the phone with them, they said it's because the piece that pierces it isn't great and is poorly positioned and the water can bubble up and boil over (which happened when i tried it lol) causing burns, but not that theres any kind of like contamination or anything. refund + $10 credit.
Do you see the refund or they only told you they will do it? I only got the email with store credit

I wonder what happens if you don't return the item
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1584 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
pca1987 wrote: Do you see the refund or they only told you they will do it? I only got the email with store credit

I wonder what happens if you don't return the item
I got 2 emails, one saying im getting a refund and the other said a credit. when they called me they said that they were refunding and crediting my account (so both) and that its not required to return it but she was like "DONT USE IT!"
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1584 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
samy1000 wrote: so is it usable if were just careful? what have you noticed from using yours
basically, the first use it didnt puncture the bottom, and it bubbled over and was a mess. tried again and just made sure it punctured the bottom and it worked fine.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2009
1055 posts
603 upvotes
Halifax
If you have a refillable cup, it doesn't need to pierce and it works fine, just fyi
Jan 1, 2005
986 posts
835 upvotes
Montreal
Yeah, I just tried mine making sure the bottom was pierced and it worked fine too. I like this one better than the larger one from last year as you can easily control the amount of water that's brewed.
Feb 2, 2006
565 posts
439 upvotes
I got another email last night about a refund.

I just bought mine for camping but I'll just push down on the K-cup when I drop it in to make sure it's properly punctured before closing the lid.

I wouldn't even be concerned about using it on a daily basis.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1068 posts
782 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I have been using it, I brewed like 5 cups with no issues... I am just extra careful to make sure the lever thing goes all the way down
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1584 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
guess it worked out to be an even better deal than we all thought!
Nov 6, 2013
675 posts
2897 upvotes
MONTREAL
December 5th, 2019

Product Recall: Single Serve Coffee Maker Brewer, K-Cup Capsule, Slim Design, Red/Black - LIVINGbasics™
Dear Customer,
I am truly sorry to advise that a product you have recently purchased (LVBe-CM1901-RD/LVBe-CM1901-BK) will need to be recalled due to safety concerns.
The Single Serve Coffee MakerBrewer, K-Cup Capsule, Slim Design, Red/Black - LIVINGbasics™ product has been inspected after an incident including hot water splashing out of the machine came to our attention. When closing the lid, it is supposed to pierce a hole on the top of the K-Cup and also on the bottom. The bottom has been reported to not be pierced, which causes the hot water to pool at the top and not flow through properly. This can cause potential burns if the water splashes out of the inside.
You will be fully refunded to the method of payment plus a store credit of the same purchase amount added to your account.
Please discontinue use immediately and note you will be sent a return shipping label shortly to return the coffee machine back to us.
I am taking this matter very seriously and wish for you to know how regretful we are
regarding this situation.
Sincerely
Jack Zhan
President

Shopper Plus Family: Shopperplus.ca | 123ink.ca | PrimeCables.ca | Living.ca

Rappel de produit défectueux : Cafetière simple portion, capsule K-cup, design mince, rouge/noir - LIVINGbasics™

Cher client,

Je suis profondément désolé de vous informer qu’un produit que vous avez récemment acheté (LVBE-CM1901-RD/LVBE-CM1901-BK) devra être rappelé pour des raisons de sécurité.
La cafetière a été inspectée à la suite d’un incident, précisément une échappe d’eau chaude de la machine. Lors de la fermeture du couvercle, il est censé de percer un trou sur le dessus de la K-Cup et aussi sur le fond. On a trouvé que le fond n’était pas percé, ce qui fait que l’eau chaude s’accumule au sommet et ne s’écoule pas correctement. Cela peut provoquer des brûlures si l’eau s’échappe de l’intérieur.

Vous serez remboursé la somme totale sur votre méthode originale de paiement et un crédit de magasin du même montant sera automatiquement ajouté à votre compte.

S'il vous plaît veuillez cesser d'utiliser ce produit et une étiquette de retour sera envoyée sous peu pour le retour de l'item défectueux à notre entrepôt.

Je prends ceci très sérieusement et souhaite que vous sachiez combien nous sommes désolés concernant cette situation.

Avec sincérité,

Jack Zhan
Président

Sites de la famille Shopper+: Shopperplus.ca | 123Encre.ca | PrimeCables.ca | Living.ca
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
So this puts a nail in the coffin of this deal I guess.
AceReaper wrote: December 5th, 2019

Product Recall: Single Serve Coffee Maker Brewer, K-Cup Capsule, Slim Design, Red/Black - LIVINGbasics™
Dear Customer,
I am truly sorry to advise that a product you have recently purchased (LVBe-CM1901-RD/LVBe-CM1901-BK) will need to be recalled due to safety concerns.
The Single Serve Coffee MakerBrewer, K-Cup Capsule, Slim Design, Red/Black - LIVINGbasics™ product has been inspected after an incident including hot water splashing out of the machine came to our attention. When closing the lid, it is supposed to pierce a hole on the top of the K-Cup and also on the bottom. The bottom has been reported to not be pierced, which causes the hot water to pool at the top and not flow through properly. This can cause potential burns if the water splashes out of the inside.
You will be fully refunded to the method of payment plus a store credit of the same purchase amount added to your account.
Please discontinue use immediately and note you will be sent a return shipping label shortly to return the coffee machine back to us.
I am taking this matter very seriously and wish for you to know how regretful we are
regarding this situation.
Sincerely
Jack Zhan
President

Shopper Plus Family: Shopperplus.ca | 123ink.ca | PrimeCables.ca | Living.ca

Rappel de produit défectueux : Cafetière simple portion, capsule K-cup, design mince, rouge/noir - LIVINGbasics™

Cher client,

Je suis profondément désolé de vous informer qu’un produit que vous avez récemment acheté (LVBE-CM1901-RD/LVBE-CM1901-BK) devra être rappelé pour des raisons de sécurité.
La cafetière a été inspectée à la suite d’un incident, précisément une échappe d’eau chaude de la machine. Lors de la fermeture du couvercle, il est censé de percer un trou sur le dessus de la K-Cup et aussi sur le fond. On a trouvé que le fond n’était pas percé, ce qui fait que l’eau chaude s’accumule au sommet et ne s’écoule pas correctement. Cela peut provoquer des brûlures si l’eau s’échappe de l’intérieur.

Vous serez remboursé la somme totale sur votre méthode originale de paiement et un crédit de magasin du même montant sera automatiquement ajouté à votre compte.

S'il vous plaît veuillez cesser d'utiliser ce produit et une étiquette de retour sera envoyée sous peu pour le retour de l'item défectueux à notre entrepôt.

Je prends ceci très sérieusement et souhaite que vous sachiez combien nous sommes désolés concernant cette situation.

Avec sincérité,

Jack Zhan
Président

Sites de la famille Shopper+: Shopperplus.ca | 123Encre.ca | PrimeCables.ca | Living.ca
Oct 21, 2018
150 posts
340 upvotes
consumerPI wrote: So this puts a nail in the coffin of this deal I guess.
Why? It actually makes this deal better. You are paid $10 for using a free machine!
I haven't got a shipping label yet so I'm still using it everyday. The issue seems to be the bottom needle is a too close to the side wall so you may miss it when putting in the K-cup. I did try intentionally missing it but it was pretty hard. So I'd say it's quite safe if used with a little cautious.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
I still haven't received a shipping label yet. Anyone else?
Jan 1, 2005
986 posts
835 upvotes
Montreal
Wiseman wrote: I still haven't received a shipping label yet. Anyone else?
Nope. Also the voice message they left me didn't mention a shipping label, just to discontinue use.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
Wiseman wrote: I still haven't received a shipping label yet. Anyone else?
How about by now? I haven't seen anything yet.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Phils wrote: How about by now? I haven't seen anything yet.
Nope, I guess I'm keeping it and using it in my camper.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)