Expired Hot Deals

[Everbuying] $129 US - DOOGEE Y6 Android 6.0 6.5 inch FHD Screen 4G Phablet Octa Core 1.5GHz 3GB RAM 32GB ROM 13.0MP Rear Camera GP

Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2003
3542 posts
771 upvotes
Redscott wrote: but I love Doogee style
That and gangnam style.
.
Heatware 3-0
.
.
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1154 posts
890 upvotes
stunaz wrote: i cant shake the feeling china would have a much better time selling phones if they'd just hire a person to stop them from using idiotic names

Yeah, Doogee should change to a much more sensical name, like Google, Siemens, Bose, or Disney.
Last edited by Recoil on Jan 10th, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Oct 6, 2008
257 posts
32 upvotes
GTA
jwslam wrote: WRONG. Freedom doesn't offer iPhones, yet everything 5s and above (and even some 5's) can be used on Freedom
Add to this list Pixel, and a few others from the Nexus line.


every t-mobile phone will work as well. and things like the Moto G4 Play recently on here works too. China doesn't use Freedom's band, so no Chinese phone will work.
Member
Mar 21, 2012
468 posts
345 upvotes
Edmonton
does this support all telus frequency bands?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18284 posts
8148 upvotes
Oakville
ryanaz wrote: does this support all telus frequency bands?
3G yes, LTE no. The only Canadian LTE band it supports is 2600, which has mostly Canada-wide coverage on Rogers/Fido, otherwise only offered in downtown Toronto/Maritime Provinces for Bell/Telus.

Also, this was just posted yesterday for the same price (oh, sorry, 10 cents USD more expensive :)).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jr. Member
May 23, 2012
130 posts
12 upvotes
DOOGEE is from japan? or china?
how about the quality, anyone knows?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2004
3182 posts
864 upvotes
Mississauga
stunaz wrote: i cant shake the feeling china would have a much better time selling phones if they'd just hire a person to stop them from using idiotic names
I know, it's really terrible. Even someone with 0 marketing experience could do a better job.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2004
3182 posts
864 upvotes
Mississauga
Recoil wrote: Yeah, Doogee should change to a much more sensical name, like Google, Siemens, Bose, or Disney.
you're being disingenuous, which would be fine if you had used companies that weren't already long established in the marketplace for your analogy.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18284 posts
8148 upvotes
Oakville
Also:
zemonti wrote: Similar price in eBay, but DX promises 24h shipping.
They *might* ship it out within 24 hours (though as with all Chinese gadget shops, I'd take any such promises with a GIIIIIIIGANTIC GRAIN OF SALT). It's not going to arrive in 24 hours though - expect the standard 3-6 week delivery times from China.

And regarding the name:

1 - Who cares what your phone's brand name is?
2 - The primary market for Doogee phones is China and India's combined populations of nearly 2.5 billion people. I have a feeling that neither country's population looks at the name "Doogee" and thinks anything about it at all. If Doogee actually cared about selling phones in North America, they'd actually put frequencies in them aimed at the North American market.
Tig wrote: you're being disingenuous, which would be fine if you had used companies that weren't already long established in the marketplace for your analogy.
They weren't long established in the marketplace when they first came out with those names, of course. Though three of the listed companies are all named after their founders (Amar Bose, Werner von Siemens and Walt Disney).
Last edited by wearysky on Jan 10th, 2017 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2004
3182 posts
864 upvotes
Mississauga
wearysky wrote: 3G yes, LTE no. The only Canadian LTE band it supports is 2600, which has mostly Canada-wide coverage on Rogers/Fido, otherwise only offered in downtown Toronto/Maritime Provinces for Bell/Telus.

Also, this was just posted yesterday for the same price (oh, sorry, 10 cents USD more expensive :)).
For reference, here's the LTE bands that the Big 3 support today:


Rogers: Band 12 (700Mhz), Band 4 (AWS), Band 7 (2600Mhz)
Band 13 (700Mhz)

Bell: Band 17 (700Mhz), Band 7 (2600MHz), Band 4 (AWS)
Band 2 (1900Mhz), Band 5 (850Mhz), Band 29 (700Mhz), Band 13 (700Mhz)

Telus: Band 17 (700Mhz), Band 7 (2600MHz), Band 4 (AWS)
Band 2 (1900Mhz), Band 5 (850Mhz), Band 29 (700Mhz), Band 13 (700Mhz)

Here's what the phone supports (According to dcx.com):

4G: FDD-LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20(B1:2100, B3:1800, B7:2600, B8:900, B20:800MHz)

So it looks like only band 7 is supported for all 3...

Just look up your area and find out if your provider's towers broadcast in band 7: https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18284 posts
8148 upvotes
Oakville
Tig wrote: For reference, here's the LTE bands that the Big 3 support today:
One thing to note is that it's VERY important to use the cell tower map to determine what frequencies are available in your area. It's why I hate referring people to WillMyPhoneWork.net - If you're on Bell or Telus, for example, and you live in Vancouver, you're primarily going to be using only Band 4 (actually, I think it's *only* band 4). Whereas if you live in the Maritimes, you've also got pretty much all the rest of Bell's supported LTE frequencies (including 2600 MHz).
tititatamu wrote: DOOGEE is from japan? or china?
how about the quality, anyone knows?
China. Generally regarded as very bargain basement quality.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 8, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
flyboy320 wrote: Just be careful if your buying this for Canada, it's missing some band support, so LTE could be spotty in certain areas.
I couldn't care less about the LTE with the miserable data limits we have in Canada.
This summer i worked somethin on my car on the driveway, listening YouTube music, while my boy accidentally disconnected the router. For 2 hours HD streaming I wasted my entire monthly limit.
Member
User avatar
May 24, 2007
319 posts
95 upvotes
British Columbia
Doogee is terrible quality. It's along the lines of the cheapest stuff from any big box store (like RCA or whatever). Also, I could never get the GPS working properly. I mean, if you get one under $100 it's not bad but I'd be hesitant to pay out for this over a "name brand" phone. Also, my Doogee lied about the amount of RAM it actually had, so be careful. It was (at the time) advertised as 2Gigs and had 500 mb :/

It was good as a cheap phone to learn about how they work, as I had to take it apart and replace the USB port on it after it wore out from 2 months use. So I got to practice my soldering skills. I also tried boosting the GPS antenna but didn't have any luck with that, so I sold it.
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 8, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
Devony wrote: Doogee is terrible quality. It's along the lines of the cheapest stuff from any big box store (like RCA or whatever). Also, I could never get the GPS working properly. I mean, if you get one under $100 it's not bad but I'd be hesitant to pay out for this over a "name brand" phone. Also, my Doogee lied about the amount of RAM it actually had, so be careful. It was (at the time) advertised as 2Gigs and had 500 mb :/

It was good as a cheap phone to learn about how they work, as I had to take it apart and replace the USB port on it after it wore out from 2 months use. So I got to practice my soldering skills. I also tried boosting the GPS antenna but didn't have any luck with that, so I sold it.
From the 3 Samsung Galaxy Note we have in the family only one is able to connect to satellites. Also my kids broke many charger ports of brand-name phones

Since today the difference between the chinese brands and the big-ones is much smaller than before, you can get much better new chinese phone for $170 than a new brand-name. If you want and old phone, or can pay $700 for device you'll drop on the floor time to time....

Top