Expired Hot Deals

[Everbuying] $129 US - DOOGEE Y6 Android 6.0 6.5 inch FHD Screen 4G Phablet Octa Core 1.5GHz 3GB RAM 32GB ROM 13.0MP Rear Camera GP

Sep 8, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
wearysky wrote: They *might* ship it out within 24 hours (though as with all Chinese gadget shops, I'd take any such promises with a GIIIIIIIGANTIC GRAIN OF SALT). It's not going to arrive in 24 hours though - expect the standard 3-6 week delivery times from China.
You don't get the idea.
DX.com is usually waiting to collect bunch of orders and are shipping few feeks the purchase. The delivery time is different story.

This offer for difference is with 24h shipping. Not 24h guaranteed delivery.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18129 posts
7993 upvotes
Oakville
zemonti wrote: Since today the difference between the chinese brands and the big-ones is much smaller than before, you can get much better new chinese phone for $170 than a new brand-name. If you want and old phone, or can pay $700 for device you'll drop on the floor time to time....
Sure, but even among Chinese phones, Doogee is garbage quality. There are phones from FAR more reputable Chinese brands for the same money - the only reason to get this phone is if you absolutely have to have a 6.5" screen.
zemonti wrote: You don't get the idea.
DX.com is usually waiting to collect bunch of orders and are shipping few feeks the purchase. The delivery time is different story.

This offer for difference is with 24h shipping. Not 24h guaranteed delivery.
Yes, but like I said - even if they *say* they're going to ship it in 24h:

1 - that doesn't mean that they will (Chinese gadget shops are NOTORIOUS for making promises like this that they can't keep, and DX is no different).
2 - Most other Chinese gadget shops will ship out a phone within a week or less (average is 3-4 days, from most stores). And since they all take 3-6 weeks to deliver any way, what does it matter if they ship it out in 24h or ship it out in 3-4 days? This phone is available for the exact same price in the other thread I linked to.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1137 posts
386 upvotes
Victoria
I might wait for the DOOGEE Y6 Max 3D 4G Phablet for $40 more
Glasses-free 3D 6.5 inch Android 6.0 MTK6750

http://www.********.com/cell-phones/pp_595225.html

What do you guy's think?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2242 posts
595 upvotes
wearysky wrote:

China. Generally regarded as very bargain basement quality.
Aawww. I am hurt that my overpriced Made in China iPhone is labelled as junk.
May 24, 2007
319 posts
95 upvotes
British Columbia
zemonti wrote: From the 3 Samsung Galaxy Note we have in the family only one is able to connect to satellites. Also my kids broke many charger ports of brand-name phones

Since today the difference between the chinese brands and the big-ones is much smaller than before, you can get much better new chinese phone for $170 than a new brand-name. If you want and old phone, or can pay $700 for device you'll drop on the floor time to time....
I'd have returned those phones if the GPS didn't work. I didn't really have that recourse with the Doogee.

It's nothing to do with where it's made, Doogee is just a low-end company. I was quite optimistic when I purchased it, but the difference between say, my Moto G4's, Nexus 6 etc. isn't really comparable. The quality of the USB socket was also low. It literally wore out after a few usages. Not really the same as kids yanking on the cord.

I'd never buy a 700$ phone, that's not what I'm comparing it to. I'd be more likely to go with a Xiaomi over Doogee any day.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18129 posts
7993 upvotes
Oakville
andreid wrote: Aawww. I am hurt that my overpriced Made in China iPhone is labelled as junk.
If you looked at the post I was responding to, I was answering two specific questions (Is it made in China or Japan? And what's the quality like?). Not all made in China is garbage, obviously, but Doogee is generally regarded as being crap.
Sep 8, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
wearysky wrote: Doogee is generally regarded as being crap.
Are you in the business of phone repairs, or you are just assuming this?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18129 posts
7993 upvotes
Oakville
zemonti wrote: Are you in the business of phone repairs, or you are just assuming this?
Don't need to be in the business of phone repairs, if you've followed the ChinaPhone market even remotely closely for the last 2-3 years Doogee's reputation is well known for being one of the worst, when it comes to build quality, longevity and software support.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1487 posts
735 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the Doogee DG310 a couple of years ago and it was one of the worst POS phones ever owned (frustratingly slow and unresponsive). Perhaps Doogee is better now, but based on that experience alone I will not buy another one.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3317 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
why do i keep seeing 'dodgee' when i see this thread ?
Sep 8, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
wearysky wrote: Doogee's reputation is well known for being one of the worst
Again asking - any statistics? Tests? Data for return quantities?

Or just spreading rumors based on assumptions?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18129 posts
7993 upvotes
Oakville
zemonti wrote: Again asking - any statistics? Tests? Data for return quantities?

Or just spreading rumors based on assumptions?
Of course not, since nobody is going to bother doing stats on return quantities (because these are all sold as grey market devices when they're sold outside of China/India - and the Chinese gadget shops are notorious for making it incredibly difficult to return broken devices for warranty repair - who's going to spend $75-80 to return a phone that they only paid $150 for?). I mean, you might be right - it might all be rumours and hearsay (or those dastardly Xiaomi and Meizu sockpuppets trying to give poor Doogee a bad name), but the vast vast VAST amount of feedback on forums and review sites (the ones not obviously giving positive reviews in exchange for free devices) all over the internet reporting on the poor quality of Doogee phones is pretty hard to ignore. Granted, I haven't used a Doogee phone in over a year now, so hey, maybe they've managed to pull their shit together, but I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary yet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6430 posts
4925 upvotes
The criteria is very simple: anytime it is a brand that has nothing to lose, you DO NOT buy, or you WILL regret it.

Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo and Vivo are Chinese brands that have a lot of notoriety and good reputations.

Most of the rest however is to be completely avoided. These phones are simply complete turds that frequently arrive broken or fall apart after only a few months.

Doogee could be closed at any time and restarted under another name and absolutely nothing would be lost. Also it is the same company that has many of these dummy brands, like Doogee, Leagoo, Bluboo, Elephone, ... it's all the same garbage
Sep 8, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
Actually the same thing was few decades ago with the Hyundai cars: cheap, basic, no options, bad reputation...

Look where they are today!
Jun 5, 2007
239 posts
173 upvotes
Shangri-La
Bought The Doogee X5 MaxPro about 5 months ago, no issues so far.