Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

14-day all inclusive cruise from panama to portugal CAD492

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2016 8:02 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
The transit of the Panama Canal is worth at least $100 on its own.
Dec 19, 2006
464 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
r1lee wrote: What cruises have you been on? All the cruises I have taken, alcohol is always not included.
Royal Caribbean, NCL, Holland America, Celebrity, Azamara, Oceania, Ponant, AmaWaterways, Uniworld, Scenic, Crystal, Regent. The latter includes pretty much everything including shore excursions. Azamara includes drinks, as does Crystal. Scenic and Uniworld are river cruise lines but they too include alcohol. Celebrity has a terrific unlimited premium beverage package, on some ships they may have 50+ vodkas and an even wider selection of beers - most are included in the package.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
Sook Mii wrote: "All-inclusive" is a bit misleading. Yes, your food is included as is coffee and juice and a limited selection of cheap beer, wine and spirits. So $500/person to stay in a 120 sq ft closet for two weeks, with a long stretch of those two weeks being sea days. Wheee.

This used to be Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas. It's a pretty tired ship.
The Monarch did get a refurbishment in '03 and then again '13 before joining Pullmantur.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1328 posts
1337 upvotes
It is cheap, but 14 days....
I probably sea sick on the boat. I can't imagine what situation gonna be happen.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1551 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thank God for global warming. 3 more years or so and there will be no more ice in the Arctic period, which actually benefits Canada, Greenland (will be truly green) and Russia the most. I am starting to collect marsh lands in the North and selling it Floridians. :)
ez_86 wrote: after what happened to the titanic.... i pass.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
sirxterminator wrote: Thank God for global warming. 3 more years or so and there will be no more ice in the Arctic period, which actually benefits Canada, Greenland (will be truly green) and Russia the most. I am starting to collect marsh lands in the North and selling it Floridians. :)
hahahah love it save me some
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13166 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
JC69 wrote: The transit of the Panama Canal is worth at least $100 on its own.
It starts in Colon so you don't get to transit the Canal.

My parents were just saying how they would love to go on a cruise with a lot of sea days. They love hanging around the ship and enjoying its amenities.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
Britex wrote: Have to agree. Was on a Hawaiian 14 day cruise once and, after 7 days, just really wanted off the boat... And this is coming from someone who loves cruising. I think 7 days is perfect, maybe even 8 or 9. After that the enjoyment scale really starts to slide.
Based on the schedule, of the 14 days, "only" 8 are full sea days so it falls probably at the very limit of your preference. Too bad they can't include a port day somewhere to breakup the 8 sea days. I can probably only take 2-3 days at sea with no port day. Otoh, if the ship was larger and had more amenities, perhaps i could stand it longer. The deal also includes select alcohol and non alcoholic drinks. That's at least another $15/day value/benefit.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1332 posts
663 upvotes
Chambly, QC
I'd rather cross the ocean on a cargo ship.
At least it could be very interesting to see how machines works.

14 days on one deck will be boring.
Maybe if it has a great pool, a great cinema, a nice gym and a place to run...
If not I will just die boring and fating up...
Jan 14, 2010
800 posts
307 upvotes
we might see more deals in the region due to zika virus.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1298 posts
246 upvotes
Stouffville
Sook Mii wrote: Royal Caribbean, NCL, Holland America, Celebrity, Azamara, Oceania, Ponant, AmaWaterways, Uniworld, Scenic, Crystal, Regent. The latter includes pretty much everything including shore excursions. Azamara includes drinks, as does Crystal. Scenic and Uniworld are river cruise lines but they too include alcohol. Celebrity has a terrific unlimited premium beverage package, on some ships they may have 50+ vodkas and an even wider selection of beers - most are included in the package.
Yes and those packages won't be $500, you get what you pay for...
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11979 posts
3170 upvotes
Edmonton
Sook Mii wrote: "All-inclusive" is a bit misleading. Yes, your food is included as is coffee and juice and a limited selection of cheap beer, wine and spirits. So $500/person to stay in a 120 sq ft closet for two weeks, with a long stretch of those two weeks being sea days. Wheee.

This used to be Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas. It's a pretty tired ship.

True this is an older RCI flagship but has gone thru a recent refurb when it changed cruiseline hands.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Monarch

I agree some people who don't like slow do nothing vacations will find the length at sea boring. There are enough ports of call to make this trip worthwhile.

I find it laughable people are pointing out they want a cruise with top shelf liquor and champagne ai and neglect to post up a comparable 14 day cruise under $500 taxes in to match.

This is a solid deal for a long 3-3.5 star cruise with decent amenities and basic AI. If I had the time and flights were cheap on either end I would go for it.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2140 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
Curious, does this cruise include internet? or is there an option to pay for internet onboard?
Never trust someone who tells you that their favourite show is Corner Gas.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
ElHoardo wrote: Curious, does this cruise include internet? or is there an option to pay for internet onboard?
More than likely you will have the option to pay for Internet access. Be warned though, it's not cheap. It's satellite Internet access so it'll also be relatively slow. I tend to wait till I get to shore and pay at an Internet cafe as it'll be SO much cheaper. Obviously that depends on what Internet access is worth to you.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2961 upvotes
Toronto, ON
HungJai wrote: Yes and those packages won't be $500, you get what you pay for...
NO. Stop being stupid. You are being stupid! I want an $2000 cruise with premium top booze for $500 right now! I want! I want! I want!

:lol:
Oct 4, 2005
225 posts
163 upvotes
r1lee wrote: What cruises have you been on? All the cruises I have taken, alcohol is always not included.
Sook Mii wrote: Royal Caribbean, NCL, Holland America, Celebrity, Azamara, Oceania, Ponant, AmaWaterways, Uniworld, Scenic, Crystal, Regent. The latter includes pretty much everything including shore excursions. Azamara includes drinks, as does Crystal. Scenic and Uniworld are river cruise lines but they too include alcohol. Celebrity has a terrific unlimited premium beverage package, on some ships they may have 50+ vodkas and an even wider selection of beers - most are included in the package.
That's also a bit misleading since the price of the cruise itself at least on NCL and Royal Caribbean do not include beverages (soda and alchohol). There are unlimited beverage packages which can to be purchased which always annoyed me.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customers ... jectId=336
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
i would love to do nothing for 14 days on a cruise. my kind of trip. :0 when i plan a big trip to europe, this is something i will consider :0
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
That seems really cheap.... they must be moving the ship to Europe for the season?
I wonder if you get a discount if you volunteer to help row?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)