Travel

14 day quarantine for domestic travel?

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 1:48 pm
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
apnayloags wrote: Many employers dont let you stay home 14 days if test comes negative (even if false negative) yet still they want this stupid 14 day quarantine.
Why cant they setup testing at airpirts, then inform travelers their results and if its negative let them be normal. It would help the jobs/industry
Locking people up kills the economy and then people get pissed and wont spend money lolz.
The way they managed this quarantine shit is stupid. Specially now when its easier tontest anyone not just active symptom patients
Canada is just being shit ********. The vast majority that become symptomatic happens in 3-5 days, so this makes perfect sense. Europe is adapting. Canada is an old cow that gives blanket 14 days because it's the easiest. Same with safety, Canada is 50 years behind, such as chemicals in food and RF limits.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
35484 posts
9516 upvotes
Ottawa
Messerschmitt wrote: Canada is just being shit ********. The vast majority that become symptomatic happens in 3-5 days, so this makes perfect sense. Europe is adapting. Canada is an old cow that gives blanket 14 days because it's the easiest. Same with safety, Canada is 50 years behind, such as chemicals in food and RF limits.
Then again, Canada is just being shit ******** and may be a bit strict but Canada has done quite well in controlling COVID. A little inconvenient yes but I think overall we are on a pretty good path.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavir ... -1.5703286
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4380 posts
3905 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: Canada is just being shit ********. The vast majority that become symptomatic happens in 3-5 days, so this makes perfect sense. Europe is adapting. Canada is an old cow that gives blanket 14 days because it's the easiest. Same with safety, Canada is 50 years behind, such as chemicals in food and RF limits.
"Nice" of Mr. Blair to give us 72 hours notice of extending house arrest to end of September. That's a lot more reasonable than the measly 12 hour notice from Ms. Hajdu last time:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-ex ... -1.5083624

I am surprised he didn't just go on and screw with our lives straight through March 31 and trash Christmas and March Break travel as I predicted the Liberals would.
They need to announce an end date and stick to it rather than keep extending on short notice.
Friendly reminder #1: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14624 posts
11837 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: "Nice" of Mr. Blair to give us 72 hours notice of extending house arrest to end of September. That's a lot more reasonable than the measly 12 hour notice from Ms. Hajdu last time:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-ex ... -1.5083624

I am surprised he didn't just go on and screw with our lives straight through March 31 and trash Christmas and March Break travel as I predicted the Liberals would.
They need to announce an end date and stick to it rather than keep extending on short notice.
FYI ...

QUESTION : End Date ???
ANSWER : when this LIFE THREATENING SH!T IS OVER
(That means it’s fizzled out, or theres a vaccine)

Seriously man, can you not actually see this ???

The virus is a LIVING THING ... It’s a MOVING TARGET / EVOLVING SITUATION

No one can predict what’s gonna happen next.

I get it ... it sucks. It sucks FOR ALL OF US

Not just you

But it’s a ton better than the alternative of seeing THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF FELLOW CDNS GET SEVERELY SICK ... OR DIE

Like it or not ... WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

More so cuz we have National Healthcare ... you spend a month or two ... or longer in ICU ... then I am paying for that

I say hey Mr PM ... stay the course

Better this, than the sh!t show going on in other countries

You think other countries have it better ... then frickin go there
Just be prepared to pay your own way if you get sick
.
.
Last edited by PointsHubby on Aug 29th, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member
Mar 8, 2004
368 posts
189 upvotes
Kanata
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: "Nice" of Mr. Blair to give us 72 hours notice of extending house arrest to end of September. That's a lot more reasonable than the measly 12 hour notice from Ms. Hajdu last time:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-ex ... -1.5083624

I am surprised he didn't just go on and screw with our lives straight through March 31 and trash Christmas and March Break travel as I predicted the Liberals would.
They need to announce an end date and stick to it rather than keep extending on short notice.
Surprised this took so long......
Newbie
Mar 11, 2009
61 posts
111 upvotes
Calgary
PointsHubby wrote: QUESTION : End Date ???
ANSWER : when this LIFE THREATENING SH!T IS OVER
(That means it’s fizzled out, or theres a vaccine)
What if the end is a year from now? Should we wait to reopen and ignore the economic consequences? What if the end is two years away?
We'll be bankrupt but alive.
PointsHubby wrote: No one can predict what’s gonna happen next.
That's something I agree and I see it as an argument to have a plan B.
PointsHubby wrote: Like it or not ... WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
This is a lie. These restrictions (and the virus) don't affect people equally.
We notice the restrictions aren't bothering you too much.
I can work remotely so they don't bother me either but I feel for those who are greatly impacted by them.
PointsHubby wrote: I say hey Mr PM ... stay the course
Yes Mr PM, stay the course of inaction, confusion, corruption, scandals, out of control spending and impeding parliament work. Let's see what happens.
PointsHubby wrote: Better this, than the sh!t show going on in other countries
I wouldn't mock other countries before the end of this pandemic.
If the best (or least worst) solution turns out to be herd immunity, these "sh!t show" countries will see the end of this before Canada.
PointsHubby wrote: You think other countries have it better ... then frickin go there
That's good advice! That's what I did and have no regrets.
PointsHubby wrote: Just be prepared to pay your own way if you get sick
Or get travel insurance that covers COVID, there are several available. That's what I did.
Most countries have cheaper healthcare than Canada/US. You won't leave the hospital broke, if it comes to that.
Last edited by leoo on Aug 30th, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
35484 posts
9516 upvotes
Ottawa
cardguy wrote: yea its a political thing...what would smilin scheer have done better/different?? ...we would have the same criticisms from the other side?

no disrespect but get your head out of your ass
Both of you are making this a political thing when in fact it is a public health thing, lead by health experts in Canada and world wide.
All world leaders (well maybe all except for Trump) are taking the advice of the health experts and doing what is best for their nations.....regardless of the political stripes they are wearing.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Temp. Banned
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1928 upvotes
markham
Pete_Coach wrote: Both of you are making this a political thing when in fact it is a public health thing, lead by health experts in Canada and world wide.
All world leaders (well maybe all except for Trump) are taking the advice of the health experts and doing what is best for their nations.....regardless of the political stripes they are wearing.
yea i am replying to the "political" comment...blame the PM, Premier, ....what would you do during a pandemic?...have you ever been through a pandemic?....neither have our leaders...take exception to those that take shots based on political stripes...thats why i throw right back....

I support our leaders during this time as everything they have done, regardless of cost, has been to help canadians...when someone shits on them...i get my back up...even Ford (i am not a fan) has done a decent job imo...


..again...have you ever been through a pandemic?....neither have our leaders
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 30, 2015
649 posts
525 upvotes
leoo wrote: What if the end is a year from now? Should we wait to reopen and ignore the economic consequences? What if the end is two years away?
We'll be bankrupt but alive.



That's something I agree and I see it as an argument to have a plan B.



This is a lie. These restrictions (and the virus) don't affect people equally.
We notice the restrictions aren't bothering you too much.
I can work remotely so they don't bother me either but I feel for those who are greatly impacted by them.



Yes Mr PM, stay the course of inaction, confusion, corruption, scandals and impeding parliament work. Let's see what happens.



I wouldn't mock other countries before the end of this pandemic.
If the best (or least worst) solution turns out to be herd immunity, these "sh!t show" countries will the end of this before Canada.



That's good advice! That's what I did and have no regrets.



Or get travel insurance that covers COVID, there are several available. That's what I did.
Most countries have cheaper healthcare than Canada/US. You won't leave the hospital broke, if it comes to that.
THANK YOU!! This deserves a thumbs up (a dozen if i could)
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
35484 posts
9516 upvotes
Ottawa
cardguy wrote: yea i am replying to the "political" comment...blame the PM, Premier, ....what would you do during a pandemic?...have you ever been through a pandemic?....neither have our leaders...take exception to those that take shots based on political stripes...thats why i throw right back....

I support our leaders during this time as everything they have done, regardless of cost, has been to help canadians...when someone shits on them...i get my back up...even Ford (i am not a fan) has done a decent job imo...


..again...have you ever been through a pandemic?....neither have our leaders
Mellow out. You are the one that said "yea its a political thing".
I noted the both of you were making it a political thing when in fact it is a public health thing.
It makes no matter if I have been through a pandemic, it is public health, not politics. The political leaders have been following the recommendations of the health officials.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
4723 posts
2053 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Oh, maybe we should let those who wan to travel leave the country. Just make re-entry difficult if not impossible (e.g., Australia - daily limited number of entries permitted so you essentially have to buy a premium class ticket to go home, or other countries who won't even allow their nationals to come home.)
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Sr. Member
Mar 3, 2009
833 posts
307 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
thriftshopper wrote: or other countries who won't even allow their nationals to come home
Is there a country that won't let their own citizens in right now?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
4723 posts
2053 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
dr_torch wrote: Is there a country that won't let their own citizens in right now?
There were a few,primarily in the Pacific IIRC. Not sure if there are any currently.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Sr. Member
Mar 3, 2009
833 posts
307 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
thriftshopper wrote: There were a few,primarily in the Pacific IIRC. Not sure if there are any currently.
Unless you can cite your sources I am very skeptical of any country denying entry to it's own citizens due to COVID-19 (or pretty much any other reason actually)
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
4723 posts
2053 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
dr_torch wrote: Unless you can cite your sources I am very skeptical of any country denying entry to it's own citizens due to COVID-19 (or pretty much any other reason actually)
At one time, Belize, Surinam, VietNam explicitly.

Belize banned entry by all for ~2 months.

Samoa

https://samoa.org.nz/

https://www.worldaware.com/covid-19-ale ... gh-june-30

Quite a few others I can't be bothered to track down for you.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.

Top