15% off all Sinopé devices

Deal Link:
Savings:
15%
Expiry:
April 24, 2021
Retailer:
Sinope
Sinope is running a 15% promo on all Sinope product until April 24th 3h00 EDT.

Baseboard thermostat, zigbee devices, dimmer switches, etc.

Promo code : PLANET2021
Images
  • Capture d’écran 2021-04-21 103200.jpg
48 replies
Sep 11, 2008
787 posts
468 upvotes
Quebec
The removed their amazon listings Frowning Face With Open Mouth they had a 2 pack there that was interesting.

Anybody used them this winter? How do they compare to other brands (Hilo)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1579 posts
1252 upvotes
Montreal
My brother has it and can happily say he's happy. No WIFI issues and controling everything over the phone is something he was looking for.

With Hilo, if you cancel the service, you're stuck with a non-fonctionnal system ?
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill
First time reading about this company. what are they known for if I may ask?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2949 posts
2056 upvotes
Victoria
RoyF482 wrote: First time reading about this company. what are they known for if I may ask?
It's the former founder of Aube Technologies, which makes thermostats. He sold Aube and then got back into the thermostat game with Sinopé, which started with a smart thermostat for electric baseboard heaters and now offers many other smart home products.

Edit: Forgot to add that it's a Québec company!
Jan 25, 2020
108 posts
370 upvotes
elpaso wrote: My brother has it and can happily say he's happy. No WIFI issues and controling everything over the phone is something he was looking for.

With Hilo, if you cancel the service, you're stuck with a non-fonctionnal system ?
I believe that if you cancel the contract, you just need to pay the full price of the units that they overcharge you.

Wait for black friday and you will get a great deal with Hilo. I remember being able to get 3 smart thermostats for 75$, installation included.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5929 posts
4223 upvotes
For Earth Day celebrations, Sinopé Technologies offres ifferent rebates on home automation and energy saving devices using code PLANET2021

https://www.sinopetech.com/en/

15% off all* devices
$65 + OFFon Sedna water damages protection devices
$40 OFF on the ZigBee thermostats starting kit
AND MORE...

This is a Canadian company, well reviewed

This sale is not as hot as the Black Friday sale where I had 25% off on the ZigBee thermostats, but still better than regular price which reasonnable.

Easy to setup devices, nice app also easy to deal with. I recommend.
Oct 8, 2007
365 posts
61 upvotes
Thanks, I was waiting to order their 50A smart controller for my pool pump. 15% off is better than nothing.

FYI, there's a custom integration possible with HomeAssistant. Also Sinope Neviweb portal works with HydroQuebec for the new Flex rate and peak period during the winter.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2670 posts
877 upvotes
Just be aware their thermostats don't work well with smartthings, have been after them for 6 months now, they keep blaming philips...
just a heads up for ST users.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1579 posts
1252 upvotes
Montreal
vodka wrote: Just be aware their thermostats don't work well with smartthings, have been after them for 6 months now, they keep blaming philips...
Wifi & Zigbee ?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2834 posts
855 upvotes
vodka wrote: Just be aware their thermostats don't work well with smartthings, have been after them for 6 months now, they keep blaming philips...
Why would Philips have anything to do with SmartThings? Philips uses their own implementation of zigbee which isn't compatible.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2670 posts
877 upvotes
shutterbug wrote: Why would Philips have anything to do with SmartThings? Philips uses their own implementation of zigbee which isn't compatible.
Sorry, lol, I meant Samsung
Jul 21, 2013
90 posts
64 upvotes
THORNHILL
I've installed a number of their Zigbee dimmers and their water valves.
(Used with Hubitat).
A breeze to install, and excellent in operation.
(Hubitat now has the ability to update Zigbee firmware of devices.)
Very reliable and dependable.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3938 posts
1449 upvotes
Montreal
I have a couple of their Zigbee floor thermostats that work perfectly with smartthings. What problem are you having?
Sep 10, 2004
118 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
Using the Zigbee baseboard thermostats with HomeAssistant plus the HomeKit bridge to control from Apple, works great. Only thing not supported is putting the time on display. I haven’t looked into it yet, but probably possible to add to the ZHA module.

Note one thing that didn’t occur to me until after purchase that now because I have power monitoring through HomeAssistant, the baseboards don’t cycle between max power and off but instead output a lower power once the temperature is achieved to maintain the heat.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2171 posts
680 upvotes
Montreal
Gr4v1ty wrote: The removed their amazon listings Frowning Face With Open Mouth they had a 2 pack there that was interesting.

Anybody used them this winter? How do they compare to other brands (Hilo)
I have used Hilo this winter.
Works fine. Mobile application is pretty basic but apparently a new revamped version is coming out this year.
Big advantage is getting paid rewards for lowering heating and using less electricity during peaks. Can get hundreds of $ back during winter season with minimal effort (depending on your house size and usual usage).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1579 posts
1252 upvotes
Montreal
With young kids that can be a challenge !
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2670 posts
877 upvotes
GT!! wrote: I have a couple of their Zigbee floor thermostats that work perfectly with smartthings. What problem are you having?
Mine are baseboard thermostats, the older ones with their.hub as well as one of their new ones. They all look like this in ST app. There is no temperature showing on the tile.
Screenshot_20210421-210404~2.png
Sep 11, 2008
787 posts
468 upvotes
Quebec
AMD wrote: I have used Hilo this winter.
Works fine. Mobile application is pretty basic but apparently a new revamped version is coming out this year.
Big advantage is getting paid rewards for lowering heating and using less electricity during peaks. Can get hundreds of $ back during winter season with minimal effort (depending on your house size and usual usage).
Don't they just switch you to a flex rate? Thing that you can do yourself without going with Hilo?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2171 posts
680 upvotes
Montreal
Gr4v1ty wrote: Don't they just switch you to a flex rate? Thing that you can do yourself without going with Hilo?
No. Your rate stays the same but you receive notifications a day in advance for peak periods during which for every kWh you save (compared to a reference of a similar period) you get rewarded 55 cents. Without much effort this winter I accumulated a good amount of cash back.