Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sinope

15% off all Sinopé devices

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2021 9:41 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2312 posts
907 upvotes
Montreal
elpaso wrote: With young kids that can be a challenge !
What is a challenge with young kids?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3221 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal
AMD wrote: What is a challenge with young kids?
Laundry, bath, dishwasher & heating = repeat. Kills all the possibility for somekind of rewards in peak hours.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2312 posts
907 upvotes
Montreal
elpaso wrote: Laundry, bath, dishwasher & heating = repeat. Kills all the possibility for somekind of rewards in peak hours.
I have 3 young kids and it was not hard to do with minimal effort.
Put a delay on the dishwasher, do laundry the next day, etc.
Mar 8, 2004
383 posts
152 upvotes
Montreal
They rarely go on sale and even on Boxing Day it was a 15% rebate. So it’s better than nothing.

I have their wifi thermostat and water valve (it doesn’t mention it, but there’s a switch in the valve to enable zigbee or wifi). The interface is pretty clean and well designed. The app is so so but has all the basic functionality and doesn’t seem to bug. My only complaint is you can only pair the devices to 1 user account so if you want to share or have more than 1 account to control a device, you have to share your app account credential with a maximum of 4 or 5 app instances.

The thermostats displays the local temperature via internet which is nice.

The water valve kit comes with 5 sensors which is clearly too little. The intent is to put one at every water source (fridge, dishwasher, sink, toilet, ) which makes sense as it will shut down the valvées soon as it detects water. You can also put a sensor to the window if it’s below ground to detect other water leaks than your home plumbing. In the end i ended up with needing 11 sensors. So that;s an extra 6 sensors to buy at 50$ a pop. So it’s not necessarily cheap.

The app is simple and has all the basic programming features to make it autonomous and “smart”. They only thing that would be nice but missing is the possibility to have an algorithm to optimize costs and what not.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
elpaso wrote: Wifi & Zigbee ?
The older wireless that needed a hub, and the new wifi.
I tried tried the zigbee one and it didn't work well and returned it, I don't recall now why but the interface in ST was horrible on the zigbee.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
bobmanw wrote: The app is simple and has all the basic programming features to make it autonomous and “smart”. They only thing that would be nice but missing is the possibility to have an algorithm to optimize costs and what not.
I think if you sign up for beta and you're in QC it can tie in to the flex rates and options from Quebec Hydro - Sinope is a QC based company, so that makes sense.
Not sure about other Hydros in canada...
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3221 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal
AMD wrote: I have 3 young kids and it was not hard to do with minimal effort.
Put a delay on the dishwasher, do laundry the next day, etc.
I'm the kind of guy who wants to be home when the dishwasher & washing machine are on in case a leak appears.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
elpaso wrote: I'm the kind of guy who wants to be home when the dishwasher & washing machine are on in case a leak appears.
You are not safe just because the dishwasher is not running. I recently had a leak in the water valve of my Bosch dishwasher, and it leaked even when it was not running. Fortunately the water trickled into the kitchen and I was home to see it before it became a mess.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
vodka wrote: Mine are baseboard thermostats, the older ones with their.hub as well as one of their new ones. They all look like this in ST app. There is no temperature showing on the tile.

Screenshot_20210421-210404~2.png
I suggest deleting them, removing any old custom device handlers you added, and then re-adding them. Sinope originally only support Smartthings classic app, but now everything works properly with the current Smartthings app. I had similar issue with my Sinope thermostats until I did this. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
GT!! wrote: I suggest deleting them, removing any old custom device handlers you added, and then re-adding them. Sinope originally only support Smartthings classic app, but now everything works properly with the current Smartthings app. I had similar issue with my Sinope thermostats until I did this. Good luck!
Can you post a picture of your tiles for Sinope thermostats?
I have gone into ST IDE to delete all device handlers and disconnect from Github - can't believe there is no way to delete ALL device handlers at once, I have 20 and have to do one by one UGH
Jan 1, 2008
351 posts
128 upvotes
Montreal
bobmanw wrote: The water valve kit comes with 5 sensors which is clearly too little. The intent is to put one at every water source (fridge, dishwasher, sink, toilet, ) which makes sense as it will shut down the valvées soon as it detects water. You can also put a sensor to the window if it’s below ground to detect other water leaks than your home plumbing. In the end i ended up with needing 11 sensors. So that;s an extra 6 sensors to buy at 50$ a pop. So it’s not necessarily cheap.
I have the water valve kit as well but waiting for the flow sensor to become available because can't have sensors everywhere : https://www.sinopetech.com/en/sedna/flow-sensor/
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
vodka wrote: Can you post a picture of your tiles for Sinope thermostats?
I have gone into ST IDE to delete all device handlers and disconnect from Github - can't believe there is no way to delete ALL device handlers at once, I have 20 and have to do one by one UGH
Yea, it can be a pain. Pics attached. Both thermostats in the pic are Sinope Zigbee Floor tstats.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210422-124849_SmartThings.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210422-124907_SmartThings.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210422-124924_SmartThings.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
GT!! wrote: Yea, it can be a pain. Pics attached. Both thermostats in the pic are Sinope Zigbee Floor tstats.
Thanks for this. So yeah, I don't have the floor ones, but on the tile it should be showing the temperature nonetheless, all 5 of mine just say "connected" where your show the temperature.
Second screen is same as mine.
I don't have that 3rd screen anywhere.

I disconnected from Neviweb, deleted the ST app, reinstall the app, reconnected the Sinope service wNeviweb, same thing. Tried this on another phone too same thing. Same thing on my wife's IOS....
Not sure what else I can do at this point, really frustrating though...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
vodka wrote: Thanks for this. So yeah, I don't have the floor ones, but on the tile it should be showing the temperature nonetheless, all 5 of mine just say "connected" where your show the temperature.
Second screen is same as mine.
I don't have that 3rd screen anywhere.

I disconnected from Neviweb, deleted the ST app, reinstall the app, reconnected the Sinope service wNeviweb, same thing. Tried this on another phone too same thing. Same thing on my wife's IOS....
Not sure what else I can do at this point, really frustrating though...
The last screen is the device settings. From the second screen use the 3 dots (top-right corner) and choose settings.
If you've cleared out the device handlers and started fresh I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
GT!! wrote: The last screen is the device settings. From the second screen use the 3 dots (top-right corner) and choose settings.
If you've cleared out the device handlers and started fresh I'm not sure what else to suggest.
UGH, I don't have settings on the 3 dot menu at the top when I select one of the thermostat tiles, I have Edit and Information
Information shows Controller Version (2.2.2-1) Open Source License for all 5 thermostats

1 x TH1123WF
2 x TH1120RF-3000
2 x TH1120RF-3000B (got this from the IDE screen devices, but this is the 4000W version)

What are you running, IOS/Android? and what version, I'm on Android 10.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
vodka wrote: UGH, I don't have settings on the 3 dot menu at the top when I select one of the thermostat tiles, I have Edit and Information
Information shows Controller Version (2.2.2-1) Open Source License for all 5 thermostats

1 x TH1123WF
2 x TH1120RF-3000
2 x TH1120RF-3000B (got this from the IDE screen devices, but this is the 4000W version)

What are you running, IOS/Android? and what version, I'm on Android 10.
I'm on Android V9. Maybe it's because the integration for you is via Neviweb and in my case it's direct with Zigbee.
Apr 1, 2003
335 posts
102 upvotes
Victoria
If the baseboard thermostats were like $30 or $40 each, I would replace all of mine. I must have a dozen or so. At $105 a pop they are pretty pricey.

I've been testing a single unit and it's been working great. I'm still heartbroken that I missed the Costco 3-pack in BC for $160. I should probably pick up two more if they are 15% off.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
GT!! wrote: I'm on Android V9. Maybe it's because the integration for you is via Neviweb and in my case it's direct with Zigbee.
It's not, this is what Sinope is saying: It should be the same view for all kind of device , zigbee, miwi and wifi (mine are miwi and wifi, although I think it's mifi not miwi,.,,,)
Dec 3, 2017
196 posts
150 upvotes
vodka wrote: Just be aware their thermostats don't work well with smartthings, have been after them for 6 months now, they keep blaming philips...
just a heads up for ST users.
I have two of their thermostats and they work very well with smartthings
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
mdarwash wrote: I have two of their thermostats and they work very well with smartthings
I don't know whats up with my smarthings then, it's the v2 hub for the record....