May 22, 2005
2779 posts
310 upvotes

$150 off Linux Academy annual subscription

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
December 6, 2019
Not sure if this constitutes as "hot", but if you're already looking to invest in some training, Linux Academy is well-regarded. They seem to drop their price once a year for BF.

Price is in $USD.
10 replies
Jul 4, 2013
195 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga
shit I already have a subs till next April
May 25, 2010
30 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Would this website benefit a recent graduate from a programming course? Or should I know more than basic Linux?

I’ve only had very basic Linux training and want to improve on that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2779 posts
310 upvotes
GlenFry wrote: Would this website benefit a recent graduate from a programming course? Or should I know more than basic Linux?

Depends on what you're aiming to do. If you only want to improve your linux, there are free resources out there too.

Take a look at their offerings - you shouldn't need to sign up to see them. I find they have a pretty wide breadth of subjects and labs.
Aug 12, 2018
182 posts
58 upvotes
is this useful for someone going into web development. Focusing on front end currently...
Aug 8, 2010
208 posts
120 upvotes
Quebec
DavidG88021 wrote: is this useful for someone going into web development. Focusing on front end currently...
While I don’t know about this specifically, I can tell you I followed their AWS architect course and It was really well made and fitted my way of learning. I’d say if something in their curriculum interest you, go for it.

- Courses are divided in reasonable length modules.
- Narration is top notch.
- Plenty of visual support (for visual learners)
- A lot of guided labs
Jul 1, 2008
276 posts
57 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I am thinking for making a small group and hoping we could share the account.
Does anyone know if that is ok?
Does the price go back up when it's time for renewal?
Do they allow multiple sessions at same time?
Nov 9, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
desaib wrote: I am thinking for making a small group and hoping we could share the account.
Does anyone know if that is ok?
Does the price go back up when it's time for renewal?
Do they allow multiple sessions at same time?
The price won't go up on renewal. And a group using same login won't work.. it used to work but then they have changed it last yr. Only a couple of different sessions is allowed..
Sep 9, 2018
189 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
GlenFry wrote: Would this website benefit a recent graduate from a programming course? Or should I know more than basic Linux?

I'd recommend studying for the CompTia Linux+ Certification.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1510 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Linux Academy is my go-to for all Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, DevOps, Kubenetes) type of learning and certification (and yes, I have a subscription). The best thing is that they have their own labs so you do not have to spin off your own accounts sometimes.

So it has alot more than just pure Linux stuff (in fact, I don't use the linux stuff but mostly cloud learnings). Good if you want constant learning but not a 'cert-by-cert' focus.