Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

15pcs Router Bits (woodworking) - $20.62 CAD shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2021 10:32 am
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
repatch wrote: Ya, $20, that, IF you receive the item, after potentially 2 months, you'll note probably wasn't worth $20 after it's first use.

Buy the bits you need. Router bit sets are mostly just waste IMHO.
banggood is pretty good at delivering items, and refunding if they don't make it.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11277 upvotes
engineered wrote: banggood is pretty good at delivering items, and refunding if they don't make it.
I agree, except when they aren't.

Have had a few items go missing with BG, getting a refund for one was easy, the other required pulling alot of teeth. Not fun.

Just go to princess auto if you want cheap quality router bits.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1154 posts
1056 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
Now I have to find a router deal Smiling Face With Open Mouth
-------------
Fido Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 20GB - 25$
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 17$
Videotron Internet : 400/50M cable - 50$
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: Just go to princess auto if you want cheap quality router bits.
they're double the price and you get fewer bits but okay
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11277 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: they're double the price and you get fewer bits but okay
Again, you don't NEED all those bits! At least with the Princess Auto kit, if you HAVE to get a kit (which I don't recommend) you can return the bits if they suck.
Jun 10, 2005
604 posts
393 upvotes
I got a similar kit from Amazon years ago. While I agree they aren't great quality, it does give you the opportunity to test out different bits and see which ones would be useful for the stuff you make. Then you can spend money on better quality bits that you'd actually use.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
These will be dull in minutes, Strawberry quality steel/carbide
Get ready to do lots of sanding and getting rid of burns.
Last edited by lifeisfuneh on Oct 26th, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 3, 2003
330 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Wear a full face shield while using, that way when these chinesium bits explode, you get to keep your eyes and teeth!
Jan 26, 2011
730 posts
635 upvotes
Gatineau
Solarisphere wrote: Buy this set expecting them to be garbage and burn your workpiece a bit. See what you use and replace those ones with better quality bits. Freud is good value for a decent quality bit and Whiteside is another (harder to find) brand that makes pricier but better bits. Still good value though. Anything Lee Valley makes is great too but expect to pay top dollar for it.
That's what I do with most of my tools. Ironically, so far the only one I had to replace was a Channellock...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3162 posts
3308 upvotes
repatch wrote: Again, you don't NEED all those bits! At least with the Princess Auto kit, if you HAVE to get a kit (which I don't recommend) you can return the bits if they suck.
You don't NEED all the bits until you actually NEEDED that missing bit :D.

These are probably geared towards casual DIYers who do very little projects. They don't want to research on the available patterns/sizes, they just want something close enough to what they have. So when the time comes, they open the box and just pick one out of whim.

I guess I'm just talking about myself and I have a cheap set from Canadian Tire for that purpose.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)