Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Always

16 days "Colonial America" cruise @31 per person day ($499 from Quebec City to Tampa)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2012 7:46 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1277 posts
311 upvotes

[Always] 16 days "Colonial America" cruise @31 per person day ($499 from Quebec City to Tampa)

More offers from Always
Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Cruise Line
October 26th, 2012 for 16 nights
16-Day Colonial America, from Quebec to Tampa
Starting in Quebec City with stops in Portland, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Baltimore, Charleston, Miami, Key West, Tampa

Inside cabin (category IX) starts from $499 per person for 16 days and that works out to be around $31 per person day, double occupancy. Note that there are additonal costs payable for this cruise: $275 taxes, and the "suggeseted" daily gratuity of $12 per person day, and the final price, including taxes, gratuity and onboard credit, work out to be around $56 per person day for an assigned midship cabin (category IE), which is preferred if ship motion bothers you. At $56 per person day, or $112 for two perosn in a cabin, that is probably the price u pay for a hotel room in each city if u travel on your own, and then u have to pay for food and ground transporation from city to city.

For an unassgined inside cabin (category IX), the price should be lower. An unassiged cabin means that u dont know what cabin u will be in when booking, and it is up to the ship which cabin they will give u, depending on the availability. A couple of yrs back for my first cruise, my unassigned cabin turned out to be an outside cabin with a balcony, a pleasant surprise & I was hooked on cruising. Nevetheless, u should book a cabin that u feel comfortable with, as a minimum.

The transportation to and from this cruise ship can be cheap for those people in eastern canada. People in Ottawa can pay about $220 including taxes & surcharges ($70 for train to quebec city,and $150 for flight back from tampa). About a month ago, I paid about $800 for the airfare and ground transportation for the mexican riviera cruise from Long Beach, California. And, last year, I paid about $1400 for airfare and ground transportation for my mediteranean cruise. Granted, after paying for the transportaion, many people going for cruises stay around before or after the cruise to explore other nearby interesting countries or cities. For this cruise, after leaving the ship at tampa on november 11, people may consider sightseeing tampa, st petersburg, orlando, etc. Car rental can be had for $20/day including taxes and fees in tampa. Cheap!

United Air charges US$150 from Tampa to Ottawa if you can fly back at least two days later to sightsee Tampa or drive two hours to Orlando to disney world, and u dont mind early morning flights. I assume similar fare to toronto, montreal, and quebec city.

Via Rail also has a 50% off promotion in progress for trains to Quebec City.

For those never been to a cruise before, it can be fun. First, you dont need to pack and unpack your baggages when visiting different cities. Second, there is always food ready to u to eat on ship. Third, entertainment is provided by the ship.

True that not all cruise ships are created equal. But, at this price point, and if u have not been to many of these cities and like to visit, this cruise is tough to beat.

You may get the trip details and ship deck plan from the following travel agent, or another agent or from google "norwegian dawn october 26, 2012". You should go to "cruise compete" to ask the agents to bid your cruise, and these agents will give their best price quotes in a few hours. For last week, the best onboard credit (that u may use to pay tips, or alcoholic drinks, or shore excursions) available was $175 per cabin from Crown Cruise Vacations. Note that Crown Cruise Vacations may only give the $175 onboard credit thru the bidding process.

http://res.crowncruisevacations.com/tra ... yID=215702

http://www.cayole.com/Categories.php?Na ... NCL2526875
44 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
[Travel] 16 days "Colonial America" cruise @31 per person day

Misleading title.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4516 posts
159 upvotes
wilsonlam97 wrote: Misleading title.
:lol: op must be a travel agent by day

link leads to an inaccessible page (at least right now)
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1277 posts
311 upvotes
How so? You want it to be $31.19 per person day, to be exact? As per any "guided" travel tours, the advertised tour price is based on a room with double occupancy.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2003
1017 posts
50 upvotes
Title is fine. Price per person per day is a commonly accepted way of comparing cruises.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
3692 posts
273 upvotes
Awesome deal, unfortunately we can't take advantage of it. That being said, thanked OP for original post link to www.cruisehotsheet.com. It's down at the moment, but from what I saw earlier it is a great site to do cruise comparison shopping as it lets you filter by date, port and cost/person/day. We've been looking at cruises a little while now and this site looks to be a great resource.
Everything in moderation... including moderation :twisted:
Aug 16, 2012
54 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
I've always wanted to do a cruise out of Quebec City and head south. Problem is, I don't have 16 days to spare unless there is free wi-fi on the ship then I can work abroad. If you can get a good deal on a flight from Tampa back to Quebec City for less than $500 then it's a good deal overall.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1277 posts
311 upvotes
dalemsta wrote: I've always wanted to do a cruise out of Quebec City and head south. Problem is, I don't have 16 days to spare unless there is free wi-fi on the ship then I can work abroad. If you can get a good deal on a flight from Tampa back to Quebec City for less than $500 then it's a good deal overall.
United Air charges US$150 from Tampa to Ottawa if you can fly back at least two days later and u dont mind early morning flights. Otherwise, you can get a flight below US$400 for sure to Ottawa, and I assume similar fare to toronto, montreal, and maybe quebec city.

Via Rail also has a 50% off promotion in progress for trains to Quebec City.
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
Can Toronto take the rail to Quebec?

I want to go but never been on the rail before nor quenec
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Norfolk? I drove past Norfolk (opting for Virginia Beach instead) and now I wonder what I missed. :)

However, I can vouch for Portland, Boston, New York, Baltimore, Charleston, Miami and Key West. Tampa kinda sucks but it is a cheapish place to fly out of (nearby Orlando is even cheaper).

I did all of the above with a Toyota Echo hatchback, mostly staying in Motel 6 motels (same shower head everywhere = priceless). That's a nice trip. I certainly won't pretend I did it for less than $500
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1277 posts
311 upvotes
noNuser wrote: Can Toronto take the rail to Quebec?

I want to go but never been on the rail before nor quenec
For sure that there is train from toronto to quebec city.
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
All meal are free? Is included in the price?

From Toronto to Quebec how much for the rail cost? And what stop ?
Banned
Jan 4, 2005
4949 posts
1560 upvotes
Laval
As long as the nor'easte storms stay away it's a interesting trip
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1277 posts
311 upvotes
noNuser wrote: All meal are free? Is included in the price?

Yes, all meals in the two formal dining rooms, buffet restaurant, pizza & burger joints are free on the ship, although u need to pay extra for a few specialty restaurants.

You shoud go to the VIA site to check how much the train fare is. The train from Ottawa to Quebec City is $70 including taxes.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton

Dude, Viarail.ca for comfort, coachcanada + Orlean Express for price and speed. http://ca.megabus.com/ to Montreal then Orleans Express to Quebec if you are cheap/smart.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1277 posts
311 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote: Dude, Viarail.ca for comfort, coachcanada + Orlean Express for price and speed. http://ca.megabus.com/ to Montreal then Orleans Express to Quebec if you are cheap/smart.
I am not sure your suggested transporation is cheaper for people from ottawa that VIA tickets total only $70 including taxes , as I just found out that Orleans Express charges $56 from montreal to quebec city, and then I need to pay greyhound (no megabus in ottawa) or train from ottawa to montreal.
Dec 19, 2006
464 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
Meals are included, unless you choose to eat at any of the specialty restaurants onboard - on NCL these range from $10/person to $30/person. Teppanyaki ($25) and Churrascaria ($20) are pretty good, main dining room food quality isn't great.

This fare is available through any agency or direct booking with NCL, just ask for HOTDEAL promo code.
Dec 19, 2006
464 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
About ~2200 passengers. Dawn is a mid-size ship by today's standards.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)