[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3366 posts
1321 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

16 Mile Creek by Primont in Milton

I heard they've just released phase 2.

Does anyone have the price list for their townhouses? I'm looking specifically at the urban towns for investment purposes.

How good is this builder?
<removed>
15 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3366 posts
1321 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
oasis100 wrote: fairly accurate to a point. may not be most recent. builders pay to be in buzz buzz.
Phase 2 is the most recent with sales starting this spring, so I'm assuming these prices should be pretty recent...
<removed>
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
5841 posts
3755 upvotes
Toronto
dc200 wrote: Phase 2 is the most recent with sales starting this spring, so I'm assuming these prices should be pretty recent...
yes, but problem is builders are changing prices day to day.
Full-time Realtor
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3366 posts
1321 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
oasis100 wrote: yes, but problem is builders are changing prices day to day.
Their urban towns are already priced too high as it is.

Good luck to them if they want to bump the price any higher than 889k.
<removed>
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11540 posts
10036 upvotes
You will not cash flow on this after expenses and property taxes. Also take into account higher rates coming in the next few years.
Oct 21, 2006
624 posts
116 upvotes
Their plans are fugly!!! regardless of lot size
Oct 21, 2006
624 posts
116 upvotes
Sanyo wrote: You will not cash flow on this after expenses and property taxes. Also take into account higher rates coming in the next few years.
that's the going rate for a Milton townhome
OP may not have cash flow, but will have capital gain as prices are going up up up
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15121 posts
11608 upvotes
Tarrana
Townhouses have really taken off in the last few years.
Apr 20, 2016
131 posts
93 upvotes
The rental market in Milton is pretty strong. Spillover from Oakville and Burlington makes Milton a decent investment.
dc200 wrote: I heard they've just released phase 2.

Does anyone have the price list for their townhouses? I'm looking specifically at the urban towns for investment purposes.

How good is this builder?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3366 posts
1321 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I'm curious... how do builders price their homes?

Do they have appraisers working with them? Do they estimate how much it would be worth at closing time given whatever trajectory the market is currently following?

Side note... I'm not counting on being cash flow positive, but I am after capital gain through appreciation. I'd likely hold on to it for at least 7-8 years.
<removed>
Apr 20, 2016
131 posts
93 upvotes
Depending on what you buy you might be cash flow neutral in Milton. I have experience with rentals in Oakville and Milton.....lots of demand, good tenant profile etc. Many immigrants moving to Halton so yeah you should see some good appreciation over your timeframe.

My high level understanding of how builders price:

- cost for the lot (either their own or paid developer)
- negotiated rates with subtrades to build
- soft costs (i.e. financing, carrying costs etc)
- profit margin (probably not as high as you think)

dc200 wrote: I'm curious... how do builders price their homes?

Do they have appraisers working with them? Do they estimate how much it would be worth at closing time given whatever trajectory the market is currently following?

Side note... I'm not counting on being cash flow positive, but I am after capital gain through appreciation. I'd likely hold on to it for at least 7-8 years.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3366 posts
1321 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
vprime77 wrote: Depending on what you buy you might be cash flow neutral in Milton. I have experience with rentals in Oakville and Milton.....lots of demand, good tenant profile etc. Many immigrants moving to Halton so yeah you should see some good appreciation over your timeframe.

My high level understanding of how builders price:

- cost for the lot (either their own or paid developer)
- negotiated rates with subtrades to build
- soft costs (i.e. financing, carrying costs etc)
- profit margin (probably not as high as you think)
Thanks for your input.

I'm likely going to buy one of their 3 bedroom freehold urban towns starting at 889k. Hopefully they're not sold out.

Assuming I should see some pretty good appreciation for that over my 7-8 year timeframe.
<removed>
Apr 20, 2016
131 posts
93 upvotes
Looks like they just released some more lots.
Jun 23, 2017
218 posts
109 upvotes
vprime77 wrote: Looks like they just released some more lots.
Two storey towns start for around $1.03m and that too for over 1300 sq ft. Man Milton is just going crazy!