Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5207 upvotes
Toronto

181 East Condos - 181 Sheppard Avenue East

New condo coming to Willowdale and Sheppard summer 2020. Post everything about it here because I see some people are mentioning it on other threads.
Called the bottom.
31 replies
Oct 22, 2019
371 posts
345 upvotes
Psf starting at 1269. Thats a tough sell...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7352 posts
5306 upvotes
Toronto
willowdale and sheppard..

thats further than walking from sheppard station to north York centre.

rip off
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1020 posts
1459 upvotes
FCDev07 wrote: Psf starting at 1269. Thats a tough sell...
I agree that these prices are insane. Cheapest 2 bedroom is $900K....

But this area being in Willowdale east and bayview village is very affluent. There's also a lot of development happening on Sheppard ave, including the huge development at the bayview village mall that a lot of people may not be aware about.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
3629 posts
3336 upvotes
Toronto
Newuserid wrote: I agree that these prices are insane. Cheapest 2 bedroom is $900K....

But this area being in Willowdale east and bayview village is very affluent. There's also a lot of development happening on Sheppard ave, including the huge development at the bayview village mall that a lot of people may not be aware about.
Thats insane pricing...concord parkplace is like half the price and right at subway stations
To the moon
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1020 posts
1459 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: Thats insane pricing...concord parkplace is like half the price and right at subway stations
Concord park place is not cheap either. I remember the precons at concord park place were going for $1,100 a sqft last year...not sure about the price now.

Also, the location is not comparable. I'm not a fan of concord park place as I feel that it's going to become the next Concord Cityplace...way too many dense condos. Willowdale/Sheppard is a much better location with close proximity to sheppard/yonge and bayview village mall.

Also, there is a small chance of a new subway station right at willowdale\sheppard, as this was the original plan when the sheppard subway line was built. But chance of this is very slim and wont happen for at least 20+ years.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
3629 posts
3336 upvotes
Toronto
Newuserid wrote: Concord park place is not cheap either. I remember the precons at concord park place were going for $1,100 a sqft last year...not sure about the price now.

Also, the location is not comparable. I'm not a fan of concord park place as I feel that it's going to become the next Concord Cityplace...way too many dense condos. Willowdale/Sheppard is a much better location with close proximity to sheppard/yonge and bayview village mall.

Also, there is a small chance of a new subway station right at willowdale\sheppard, as this was the original plan when the sheppard subway line was built. But chance of this is very slim and wont happen for at least 20+ years.
Lol theres like 0% chance there
To the moon
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1020 posts
1459 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: Lol theres like 0% chance there
Okay your right lol. It's like 0.1%. But nevertheless the location has more potential than what most people think.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
3629 posts
3336 upvotes
Toronto
Plus, with uptown condos, you need a car anyway to get around, so location shouldnt be an issue, unless it is right at yonge and in between subways.

This is like more expensive than the wells in downtown, and new menkes harbourfront condos?
To the moon
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
3629 posts
3336 upvotes
Toronto
Plus, with uptown condos, you need a car anyway to get around, so location shouldnt matter, unless it is right at yonge and in between subways.

This is like more expensive than the wells in downtown, and new menkes harbourfront condos?
To the moon
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5207 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: Plus, with uptown condos, you need a car anyway to get around, so location shouldnt be an issue, unless it is right at yonge and in between subways.

Some people like to spend big bucks on condo. Personally, I like em cheap. But then there are others who don’t think like me. And that’s why projects like 199 Church exist! :)
Called the bottom.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1020 posts
1459 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: Plus, with uptown condos, you need a car anyway to get around, so location shouldnt be an issue, unless it is right at yonge and in between subways.

I agree that the price is very expensive. But I'm just pointing out that willowdale east and bayview village are very affluent neighbourhoods. The demographics get worse as you get closer to yonge street.

I get that this location is not your typical good condo location but I see the appeal as the neighborhood is getting quite posh. I can see a lot of asians buying this condo.
Jul 22, 2020
3 posts
Newuserid wrote: I agree that the price is very expensive. But I'm just pointing out that willowdale east and bayview village are very affluent neighbourhoods. The demographics get worse as you get closer to yonge street.

I get that this location is not your typical good condo location but I see the appeal as the neighborhood is getting quite posh. I can see a lot of asians buying this condo.
Asians, Persians, Russians, the response has been unreal, trust me I know. As for area, very affluent, all low rise around, 15 minutes either way to a subway and yes I agree with you, Yonge is becoming a disaster, sooner pay @1280/ft here then 1200+psf at The Pearl.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
3629 posts
3336 upvotes
Toronto
Newuserid wrote: I agree that the price is very expensive. But I'm just pointing out that willowdale east and bayview village are very affluent neighbourhoods. The demographics get worse as you get closer to yonge street.

So ur hooking up with older people or kids in these neighbourhoods? The ppl here are family people. It wont matter much as accessibility to shops, restaurants, etc are more important. If you are family ppl, better buy house elsewhere than condo
To the moon
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1020 posts
1459 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: So ur hooking up with older people or kids in these neighbourhoods? The ppl here are family people. It wont matter much as accessibility to shops, restaurants, etc are more important. If you are family ppl, better buy house elsewhere than condo
As I mentioned in my previous posts, it's in close proximity to bayview village shops and everything on yonge street.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2011 posts
2079 upvotes
Toronto
sbrocchi67325104 wrote: Asians, Persians, Russians, the response has been unreal, trust me I know. As for area, very affluent, all low rise around, 15 minutes either way to a subway and yes I agree with you, Yonge is becoming a disaster, sooner pay @1280/ft here then 1200+psf at The Pearl.
How is the North York part of Yonge becoming a disaster?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1020 posts
1459 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: How is the North York part of Yonge becoming a disaster?
I wouldn't call it a disaster but the neighbourhood is showing some signs of aging. The Sheppard-yonge area is nice as there have been new developments in that area. However, as you go up closer to finch and yonge, many of condos are older (20+ years) and there haven't been much development and new infrastructure. The area near finch is starting to look run down and there is not much room left for additional development.

On the other hand, I think the sheppard east corridor will see a lot of development and density for the next decade.
Jul 15, 2020
69 posts
51 upvotes
Newuserid wrote: I wouldn't call it a disaster but the neighbourhood is showing some signs of aging. The Sheppard-yonge area is nice as there have been new developments in that area. However, as you go up closer to finch and yonge, many of condos are older (20+ years) and there haven't been much development and new infrastructure. The area near finch is starting to look run down and there is not much room left for additional development.

On the other hand, I think the sheppard east corridor will see a lot of development and density for the next decade.
I see big potential for fairview mall area
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1020 posts
1459 upvotes
BearBullBear wrote: I see big potential for fairview mall area
Yes, that area has appreciated in value massively over the last few years. It wasnt known to be a good area due to some of the older apartment buildings and social housing but it has since gentrified with all the new condo developments.

Also, Fairview mall will go through redevelopment including additional retail and office space. The area is also very transit friendly with close access to 401 and 404 and subway station.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5207 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t like the price here.

But there is no doubt that the Yonge to Bayview corridor on Sheppard is a fancy, nice area. I’ve been telling everyone I know that the Arc at Bayview and Sheppard is a great condo for end users. But the prices there keep going up!
Called the bottom.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)