197 posts
636 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] $181: UMIDIGI F1 Smartphone 6.3" FHD+ 128GB ROM 4GB RAM 5150mAh

95 replies
Oct 29, 2007
380 posts
35 upvotes
just bought the UMIDIGI A7 Pro, it looks F1 has newer CPU (P60) but older Android (v9), not sure which one is better?
Apr 8, 2020
116 posts
80 upvotes
That's a good price , I wish the power 3 was on sale and you could use the coupon on it
Sep 22, 2018
68 posts
79 upvotes
Umidigi is by far the the absolute worst Android phone you can buy right now. They use fancy names for their phones to make them sound better like pro or FHD+ or other crap like that but their products are all trash.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13153 posts
3495 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Do these come with screen protector and a case?
Feb 7, 2020
142 posts
91 upvotes
Yea, it comes with an EL cheapo case. I returned my A5 back in the day. It works but keep expectations low. I would save up for a better phone, any mainstream company is better. Don't expect updates either. They want you to get a new cheap phone every few months.
“You'd be surprised how expensive it costs to look this cheap.”
― Steven Tyler
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11679 posts
17648 upvotes
Why do people keep posting these phones in Hot Deals ? Overpriced for what they offer . Unless posters get a cut ? Thinking Face
Apr 8, 2020
116 posts
80 upvotes
Nabiltb10 wrote: Umidigi is by far the the absolute worst Android phone you can buy right now. They use fancy names for their phones to make them sound better like pro or FHD+ or other crap like that but their products are all trash.
stephroll wrote: Why do people keep posting these phones in Hot Deals ? Overpriced for what they offer . Unless posters get a cut ? Thinking Face
What else you can get for that $ , the A5 pro was a $140 when on sale (with tax and shipping)
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
197 posts
636 upvotes
Calgary, AB
stephroll wrote: Why do people keep posting these phones in Hot Deals ? Overpriced for what they offer . Unless posters get a cut ? Thinking Face
Nope, we don't get any cut while posting.
These are like a lot of phone offered in much less $$.
I know, these phones are very popular in Asian countries and serve good enough (like named brand). In the end it is up to the individual's choice to buy or not.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12888 posts
3379 upvotes
RFD
Cameras any good or typical low end multiple generations behind chinese phone junk?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12888 posts
3379 upvotes
RFD
Nabiltb10 wrote: Umidigi is by far the the absolute worst Android phone you can buy right now. They use fancy names for their phones to make them sound better like pro or FHD+ or other crap like that but their products are all trash.
Jimclark wrote: Yea, it comes with an EL cheapo case. I returned my A5 back in the day. It works but keep expectations low. I would save up for a better phone, any mainstream company is better. Don't expect updates either. They want you to get a new cheap phone every few months.
Yep sounds about right for low end chinese phones. No support, no updates, inferior generations behind cameras and other components. Made to last a few years and then you have to buy again. Not worth the hassle. Just get a MOTO if you're on a budget. G7 Power or G8 Power is the budget battery kings.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8163 posts
4527 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah these phones don’t belong in hot deals, constant coupon codes doesn’t make it a deal.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15181 posts
4426 upvotes
London
ashwani2k wrote: Nope, we don't get any cut while posting.
These are like a lot of phone offered in much less $$.
I know, these phones are very popular in Asian countries and serve good enough (like named brand). In the end it is up to the individual's choice to buy or not.
These phones are popular on RFD because :
1. amazon = fulfill the next day
2. amazon = super easy returns/ refunds
3. almost complete US/CAN LTE band coverage
4. low cost, but decent enough quality
5. good/ decent battery capacity
6. Compatible with aftermarket ROMs (project treble) if you do want updates
Last edited by l69norm on Jun 30th, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15181 posts
4426 upvotes
London
andyhejob wrote: just bought the UMIDIGI A7 Pro, it looks F1 has newer CPU (P60) but older Android (v9), not sure which one is better?
F1 is 2 generations old. It's an early spring 2019 model - replaced by the F1 Play in summer 2019 and then the F2 fall 2019/ winter 2020
The A7 Pro is Android 10, so a lot of security patches will update directly from google and you don't have to depend as much on Umidigi. With the F1, you would need to go aftermarket ROMs (project treble) for updates
Last edited by l69norm on Jun 30th, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8506 posts
754 upvotes
I have the older Power (not the power 3)... i'm pleased with it, paid $150 for it on amazon or something. This F1 seems fine as well. I'm not one to dish $300-800 on something as disposable as a phone. I like that it came with a basic case and screen protector as well. I also have their GT fitness watch and it is pretty basic but I really like it. I'll spend a decent amount on some things... phones aren't one of them :) Nice deal OP.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)