Wheels and Tires

19" Winter wheels with high load rating - Braelin BR08 or something else?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2020 10:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2802 posts
3662 upvotes
Edmonton

19" Winter wheels with high load rating - Braelin BR08 or something else?

Hey all, I need winter wheels for my Q7. The rear GAWR is 1725kg and I've realized this is very limiting, as to meet spec (which I want to make sure I do) the wheels I buy will need to have a load rating of at least 1902lb.

Going through the Fast Co lineup, there is literally only one wheel that will work. It's the Braelin BR-08 at $270/per. Note I've already bought 265/55R19 Continental VikingContact 7s which work with 7.5"-9.5" width.

Can any of you provide any alternatives, or what do you think of this option? I like the design but didn't originally want a black wheel since I didn't think it would go great with the Argus Brown Metallic. I guess it looks ok?

4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3741 posts
3838 upvotes
GTA
You could try to find a set of used OEM Q7 wheels from a junkyard, or in the classifieds.

One problem I notice with those Fast wheels is that they have conical seats. Your Audi uses ball seat wheel bolts. You would need a set of conical wheel bolts to use the Fast wheels (which I guess isn't a huge deal).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2802 posts
3662 upvotes
Edmonton
derass wrote: You could also look at some other aftermarket brands. For example, I just randomly went to the TSW website and there's like 20+ options for your car with a 2000lb load rating.

https://fitment.tsw.com/alloy-wheels-fi ... =9,9.5,8.5
Thanks for the info. I like several TSWs but they are all $500+ more for a set. Not sure I can justify it unless I'm missing something about them? Here in Edmonton there doesn't seem to be much for used Q7 rims, not a big enough population here maybe. I could get Audi sedan 19's but wouldn't have any idea of their load rating.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3741 posts
3838 upvotes
GTA
@Blubbs I'm not particularly recommending TSW, they were just the first brand that popped into my head, and sure enough there were 20+ suitable options. There are hundereds of aftermarket wheel companies. All I meant is that you don't have to limit yourself to the selection from FAST. Maybe stop into a local tire shop, they have many catalogues of aftermarket wheels and can help you find something suitable for your Q7. You local Audi dealer may have some suggestions too. I'm sure they equip hundreds of Q7's with alloy winter wheels each season.

As for used, try using www.car-part.com to check the junkyards near you. I agree that you would want to use the wheels from a similar Q7, and not from any of their sedans or smaller SUVs.