Automotive

1987 Chrysler/dodge Daytona Shelby z

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 3:32 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 14, 2008
50 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill

1987 Chrysler/dodge Daytona Shelby z

Hi guys,
I’m looking to relive my youth a little bit and would like to purchase a 1987 Chrysler/Dodge Daytona Shelby Z to drive around on the weekends.
If anyone on the forum knows of one that is available please let me know. Thanks.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4585 posts
4827 upvotes
GTA
The Mitsubishi Starion is the same car. That might help expand your search.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4585 posts
4827 upvotes
GTA
That one actully looks like a really nice example. Original owner, summer driven, garage kept, and low mileage. Typically cars in BC are rust free too. For its age, condition, and mileage that seems like a fair price. Maybe negotiate it down a bit.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2941 posts
2348 upvotes
Markham
derass wrote: The Mitsubishi Starion is the same car. That might help expand your search.
Actually its not. The Daytona is a K-car based FWD coupe, has more in relation with a Aries than the Starion. You're thinking the Conquest which was the Chrysler rebadged Starion and RWD.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4585 posts
4827 upvotes
GTA
Whoops. I forgot it was called the Conquest. Looking at the photos in that Autotrader ad, the Daytona looks just like a Conquest/Starion. It has a similar RWD body style, despite being FWD.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4424 posts
2929 upvotes
JeganV wrote: Actually its not. The Daytona is a K-car based FWD coupe, has more in relation with a Aries than the Starion. You're thinking the Conquest which was the Chrysler rebadged Starion and RWD.
Aries K cars were starting at 6999 mrsp. What a crapbox.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2941 posts
2348 upvotes
Markham
cristianosham wrote: Aries K cars were starting at 6999 mrsp. What a crapbox.
It may have been, can't say as I've never driven the things. However even going by that and I have heard it wasn't good, it was a cheap crap box. Today's crap boxes...are really expensive.

Top